Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kelee Ringo, 5* 2020 DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro), AZ (Offered 12/7/17)

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Pete really wants it, he should go full Dabo and defer some of his due to the guys who would help him get the ring. I know its not my money but if I had the option of earning $12 rather than $15 at the grocery store to get my dump of a house paid off in the next five years instead of never I would jump at the chance.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Jimmy is never leaving and he'll be the head coach after Petersen.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019

This is the doogliest of takes but fuck anyone here that's not fulldoogpraying for this on some level.
    This doesn’t happen even in the wettest of my dreams. The only way Lake is ever the coach here is if he comes back after leaving.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

This is the doogliest of takes but fuck anyone here that's not fulldoogpraying for this on some level.
    Nah I don't want another Lambo. Hire the career assistant almost never works. Let him leave in a couple years, learn what he's doing for a few years then come back in 2028 or so as an established coach to take back over.

I love Lake as much as anyone but I want a proven HC after Petersen, not a guy who never even built his own defense. Lake has a lot to prove before we hand him the keys.
    To clarify *promote* the career assistant almost never works.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019

Cohen will do whatever it takes to keep Lake short of naming him head coach and demoting Pete.

Wrong. He tapped the till last year for a big raise. Jimmy’s flirtation with Bama pissed her off. Shit was thrown, expletives—nasty ones and lots of them—were screamed. Cooler heads talked her off the ledge. Short of a new influx of Pac-Net $—el oh el—no more dough from the Dub for the Lake.

Where does he go? Oregon, SC or a mid $2M per for three from the SEC.

SC is already in for $200M+ settling a minor sexual harassment matter. Under the current climate, Urban will never fly there. He just wont. With recruiting down, no discipline, and a Charmin soft D in the Coliseum, Lake looks mighty attractive in Watts right now,

If the Quacks lay an egg, Phil sends Mario packing. At Five times three—hear the Doogs scream as Jimmy eats their liver with fava beans and a fine Key-Antee
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019
    Baseman said:

Cohen will do whatever it takes to keep Lake short of naming him head coach and demoting Pete.

Wrong. He tapped the till last year for a big raise. Jimmy’s flirtation with Bama pissed her off. Shit was thrown, expletives—nasty ones and lots of them—were screamed. Cooler heads talked her off the ledge. Short of a new influx of Pac-Net $—el oh el—no more dough from the Dub for the Lake.

Where does he go? Oregon, SC or a mid $2M per for three from the SEC.

SC is already in for $200M+ settling a minor sexual harassment matter. Under the current climate, Urban will never fly there. He just wont. With recruiting down, no discipline, and a Charmin soft D in the Coliseum, Lake looks mighty attractive in Watts right now,

If the Quacks lay an egg, Phil sends Mario packing. At Five times three—hear the Doogs scream as Jimmy eats their liver with fava beans and a fine Key-Antee
    Jimmy has scruples. Jimmy to Oregon would be not unlike banging Petersen's wife.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Love the when Petersen leaves dream chatter. Jimmy is going to be the hottest shit ever. Keep paying him till it ain’t enough and get a transition plan in place. Ala Alexander or some other guy that can close out on ND and coach kids up.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Lets just get Gerald Alexander stashed on staff somewhere so we don’t have to act like @RaceBannon in his 30’s and live in paranoia over fear of a nuclear attack on US soil, continually practicing what to do if the big one hits. Just like hiding under a desk won’t really help you when an A Bomb drops, nothing else will solve this Jimmy issue other than hiring Gerald.

The hunter-gatherers had nuclear weapons?
    Race had foresight.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Wasn’t peterman a fucking assistant at boise state?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nah I don't want another Lambo. Hire the career assistant almost never works. Let him leave in a couple years, learn what he's doing for a few years then come back in 2028 or so as an established coach to take back over.

I love Lake as much as anyone but I want a proven HC after Petersen, not a guy who never even built his own defense. Lake has a lot to prove before we hand him the keys.
    You can say this, but as I said, on some level you'd be happy having Jimmy stay and a smooth transition. Minus the elite coaches we have no shot at hiring, who would you realistically replace Petermen with today? Gun to your head I'd bet you say Jimmy at least 1 in ten times.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

To clarify *promote* the career assistant almost never works.

You can probably through Riley in there as well if he ever figures out defense.

To be honest though...most every coaching hire doesn't work. There are only a few elite coaches, and everyone else is cycling through potentials every 3-7 years (average tenure is something like 3.8 years) in hopes of hitting one. I don't know that one method is any more likely to hit than another, but I do think Jimmy has more potential to be a great head coach over most of the younger coaches out on the West Coast (Harsin, Wells, Wilcox)...and if keeping him on staff as the assistant/eventual assistant HC guarantees we get him over the others as the next guy 8 or so years down the road I'm good with that.
    Dabo and Riley aren't examples of career assistants.

Dabo was an assistant for 15 years when he took over Clemson. Riley was an assistant for 13 years. They were risers who moved up fairly quickly (Riley more than Dabo) and got their opportunity within a decade and a half.

Let's say Grundle is right and Pete only has five more years left (I think he has more than that). That means we are hiring a new HC for the 2024 season. Lake would have 25 years of experience as an assistant by that point, which puts him even with Lambright when he took over UW. Most likely by the time Pete leave Lake would have been an assistant for longer than Lambo before ascending to the HC role.

The general rule is if a guy isn't good enough to be given an HC job in their first 25 years they probably aren't good enough.

I think Lake would be much better than Lambo for a couple of reasons - he's more of a players coach, his recruiting is top notch, and he hasn't spent his entire career at one school. There's some reason to think that he could work. I'd be much more optimistic if he went somewhere else as HC first though.