Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Willie Taggart

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Extend him now!

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Oregon is in some serious shit. They have a current crop of players who already have a history of quitting when faced with adversity.

They also have a recruiting class filled with "committed but i will still take all my visits" kids from the East coast who bought into this idea that Oregon was back, baby.

Then there's the coaching staff who looks like shit.

They needed to win this year.

Slingblade was their Lambo, but Faggert does not look even as good as Slick Rick. If their next three hires are Gilby, Tryone and Dude bruh, it's over for them. Uncle Phil will be dead soon anyway.

BONEM!
    Is there room for two Black Sarks?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Oregon is in some serious shit. They have a current crop of players who already have a history of quitting when faced with adversity.

They also have a recruiting class filled with "committed but i will still take all my visits" kids from the East coast who bought into this idea that Oregon was back, baby.

You sound hopeful, but this is a bit dawgman. Even Kim-like.

A few data points:

They're not in fact quitting;
    Their defense is playing well, especially considering their offense can't stay on the field;
    Credit this to the new staff.

But that staff also inherited a team with one functional qb, who is now down, and they're light on receivers (bump creepy's poast about dismissing Carrington).

It's easy to say "just run the ball on every play" but that only works in your living room. Against good teams, and the the Cuogs are a good team, you have to be able to hurt a defense stacking the box. Oregon can't do that right now and has a kid who can't make easy reads because he's not ready for PAC 12 play. None of this spells " you fucked up with Taggart." We are well within LIPO.

I don't think their recruiting profile is exactly unique.

Finally, 8-6; 7-6.

Now 6-0 and coming off a pretend run at the title, and this is all anyone here cares about. Tell Willie his rent check is overdue.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The Cougs are not a good team. HTH.

Slightly better than the Canes
    You were so much better. This ain't even bait. Jesus. Get to Mt Zion this morning with your wife and get some perspective.
    edited October 2017

No, it doesn't. I'm pretty sure you don't know that just yet. In any event, they've done what they've done and they're ranked where they are. My database isn't full of examples of successful PAC 12 teams with freshman QBs pressed into a starting role.

#Rent check.

#7-6.

#We?wereready2rackhim.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Peterman took 3 years to get his guys in there.

But Taggert does seem like black Ron Zook so far.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No, it doesn't. I'm pretty sure you don't know that just yet. In any event, they've done what they've done and they're ranked where they are. My database isn't full of examples of successful PAC 12 teams with freshman QBs pressed into a starting role.

#Rent check.

#7-6.

#We?wereready2rackhim.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Take a seat with Mosster.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017

You were so much better. This ain't even bait. Jesus. Get to Mt Zion this morning with your wife and get some perspective.
    Cmon creep, it is hard to hold your practice squad to this kind of yardage, let alone getting everyone's best shot every week.

I think the cpugs are pretty good. They've properly done what losers do and suck for 3 years until they have all seniors and a good duct-taped together quarterback.

There is no excuse for this UW team to have a close game with them in Seattle though.

Miami looks good, probably a year away from contending.

Looks like you took the bait
    No; it looks like I didn't. That we banter is axiomatic. I only check out when I check out. I'm not checked out. Don't flatter yourself white center.

#Rent check.

#7-6.

#We?wereready2rackhim.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Take a seat with Mosster.
    7-6. I know that. Fuck off.
    haie said:

Cmon creep, it is hard to hold your practice squad to this kind of yardage, let alone getting everyone's best shot every week.

I think the cpugs are pretty good. They've properly done what losers do and suck for 3 years until they have all seniors and a good duct-taped together quarterback.

There is no excuse for this UW team to have a close game with them in Seattle though.

Miami looks good, probably a year away from contending.
    The point of the poast wasn't to argue that Oregon is a good team in disguise. It's the conclusion on the coaching staff.

You sound hopeful, but this is a bit dawgman. Even Kim-like.

A few data points:

They're not in fact quitting;
    Their defense is playing well, especially considering their offense can't stay on the field;
    Credit this to the new staff.

But that staff also inherited a team with one functional qb, who is now down, and they're light on receivers (bump creepy's poast about dismissing Carrington).

It's easy to say "just run the ball on every play" but that only works in your living room. Against good teams, and the the Cuogs are a good team, you have to be able to hurt a defense stacking the box. Oregon can't do that right now and has a kid who can't make easy reads because he's not ready for PAC 12 play. None of this spells " you fucked up with Taggart." We are well within LIPO.

I don't think their recruiting profile is exactly unique.

Finally, 8-6; 7-6.

Now 6-0 and coming off a pretend run at the title, and this is all anyone here cares about. Tell Willie his rent check is overdue.
    I love how you started by accusing me of sounding dawgman/ Kim-like and then proceed to explain-away a 4-score loss to the coogs at home
    Do you love it? What part did I get wrong?

Good post Grinolds.