Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Willie Taggart

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

haie said:

haie said:

The Cougs are not a good team. HTH.

Slightly better than the Canes
    You were so much better. This ain't even bait. Jesus. Get to Mt Zion this morning with your wife and get some perspective.
    Cmon creep, it is hard to hold your practice squad to this kind of yardage, let alone getting everyone's best shot every week.

I think the cpugs are pretty good. They've properly done what losers do and suck for 3 years until they have all seniors and a good duct-taped together quarterback.

There is no excuse for this UW team to have a close game with them in Seattle though.

Miami looks good, probably a year away from contending.
    The point of the poast wasn't to argue that Oregon is a good team in disguise. It's the conclusion on the coaching staff.
    Sure, it's not entirely reasonable to dismiss UW 2014 and shit all over Taggert in year 1.

if I were a duck fan, I would would be nervous this staff is closer to Helton than Petersen. And I would be angry with the AD for shirking Row The Boat at this point as well.
    You don't know until you know. Couple years ago, there were more than a few Sallys around here growing pretty impatient with Peterman. I remember who they were. 7-6.

As far as I can tell, Taggart has put together a good staff. Getting Levitt was huge. Cristobal is a very well respected young coach. 99% of the cffootball world thought FIU was retarded to let him go. And he recruits lights out. And he's a Cane.

The point, which has soared over the heads of my friends here, is that Grinold's post is more hopeful than it is reasonable. As people here should know all too well, it doesn't take long for a bad staff to make a big mess. Playing tough for a half, and then losing big to one of the better cuog teams in the last several years, isn't much on which to draw a firm conclusion.

It's pretty simple. Their D is playing well enough to keep them in games, but their offense can't stay on the field. They are thin at receiver, and now have a freshman who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing under center. For any coaching staff, those are bad facts.
    Take a walk around the Palouse for some perspective Creep.

Let me rewrite your last paragraph for you.

It's pretty simple. Oregon sucks.
    It's pretty simple: you can't reed. Creep didn't say Oregon didn't suck. Next poont.
    Third-person speaking is soooooo ghetto.
    +, you're triggering Race's brown wife with the "ghetto" comment; not that I think you're a racist pig or anything. it's Race's wife I'm worried about. be sensitive. she reads these boreds you know.
    I seriously doubt Race's wife speaks about herself in the third person.

Then again, shit. Who knows?

Mrs. Race Bannon don't play that shit!
    Don't you tell Mrs. Race Bannon to be quiet!
    Mrs. Race Bannon gonna fuck you up!

Why, in my head, does she have the voice of Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm?

Fucking love that guy.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

haie said:

You were so much better. This ain't even bait. Jesus. Get to Mt Zion this morning with your wife and get some perspective.
    Cmon creep, it is hard to hold your practice squad to this kind of yardage, let alone getting everyone's best shot every week.

I think the cpugs are pretty good. They've properly done what losers do and suck for 3 years until they have all seniors and a good duct-taped together quarterback.

There is no excuse for this UW team to have a close game with them in Seattle though.

The point of the poast wasn't to argue that Oregon is a good team in disguise. It's the conclusion on the coaching staff.
    Sure, it's not entirely reasonable to dismiss UW 2014 and shit all over Taggert in year 1.

if I were a duck fan, I would would be nervous this staff is closer to Helton than Petersen. And I would be angry with the AD for shirking Row The Boat at this point as well.
    You don't know until you know. Couple years ago, there were more than a few Sallys around here growing pretty impatient with Peterman. I remember who they were. 7-6.

As far as I can tell, Taggart has put together a good staff. Getting Levitt was huge. Cristobal is a very well respected young coach. 99% of the cffootball world thought FIU was retarded to let him go. And he recruits lights out. And he's a Cane.

The point, which has soared over the heads of my friends here, is that Grinold's post is more hopeful than it is reasonable. As people here should know all too well, it doesn't take long for a bad staff to make a big mess. Playing tough for a half, and then losing big to one of the better cuog teams in the last several years, isn't much on which to draw a firm conclusion.

It's pretty simple. Their D is playing well enough to keep them in games, but their offense can't stay on the field. They are thin at receiver, and now have a freshman who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing under center. For any coaching staff, those are bad facts.

It's pretty simple: you can't reed. Creep didn't say Oregon didn't suck. Next poont.
    +, you're triggering Race's brown wife with the "ghetto" comment; not that I think you're a racist pig or anything. it's Race's wife I'm worried about. be sensitive. she reads these boreds you know.
    I seriously doubt Race's wife speaks about herself in the third person.

Then again, shit. Who knows?

Mrs. Race Bannon don't play that shit!
    Don't you tell Mrs. Race Bannon to be quiet!
    Mrs. Race Bannon gonna fuck you up!

Why, in my head, does she have the voice of Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm?

Fucking love that guy.
    I'm not sure why but

brb, yo.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

haie said:

haie said:

Oh fuck, of course I'm racist. How could I not be. I'm a living, breathing white male. What else is required to fit the bill?
    I said "not that I think you're a racist pig or anything."

Kind of a weird reaction. What's the problem?
  • Options

So I'm watching WSU/Oregone in 60. It's 3:00 Q1, and the ducs are done scoring.

Herbert is worth 48 minutes?

When you have what they have behind him, yes, absolutely.
  • Options

haie said:

haie said:

Oh fuck, of course I'm racist. How could I not be. I'm a living, breathing white male. What else is required to fit the bill?

• Options

haie said:

haie said:

Internet tuff guy time?
  • Options
    What's with that avatar? You have breast cancer, CC?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

haie said:

haie said:

Lots of Pressing going on in this thread.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Gladstone said:

Samurhino

Samurhino

(2)
    10 months

9 hours ago

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the usual suspects pulling out their torches and pitchforks out of their quick draw holsters.

The reality is that if Herbert and Nelson were healthy all season this team would be 6-0 and looking a top ten ranking. Better yet imagine Herbert with Carrington and Nelson. Yes there have been ugly moments and yes the penalties continue to be an issue but this team is a legit contender when not hamstrung with third string WRs and a true freshman third string QB. For the love of all that's holy you ungrateful idiots...this is a brand new system with brand new coaches and almost all the same players that came from a broken culture and a 4-8 season just last year. What is wrong with you? Seriously you miserable little toads are off the rails. Herbert was the one player we could not afford to lose this year and still hope to be successful.

The defense played incredibly well given they had to complement an offense that kept going three and out. You take away some absolutely hideous officiating and this game finishes at 27-13 or 23-10 or more in that neighborhood which is miraculous given how much Burmeister struggled. Last year this team would've lost that game 72-10. Falk's completion percentage was 57% because of pressure and great coverage. They couldn't run to save their lives.

I don't know what you expected Taggart to do with the players he had available but you guys are out of your minds if you think there was some miracle any coach could've pulled out of their ass in a few days given the personnel.

Alie will be back and while he is very pedestrian he provides enough with this defense, our running game and Nelson coming back to win a few of these upcoming games and get this team to a bowl. The Ducks currently have the number one recruiting class in the country with legit four stars at every single position on the field outside of TE.

This coaching staff is phenomenal and this team will be competing for the playoffs as early as next year.

I hate losing but you guys need to pull your heads out and buy a clue.

That guy is a longtime eQuook regular, pretty even-keeled and I generally agree with the tenor of his post, except for the following:

The reality is that if Herbert and Nelson were healthy all season this team would be 6-0 and looking a top ten ranking. Better yet imagine Herbert with Carrington and Nelson.

We don't engage in hypotheticals around hear.

Alie will be back and while he is very pedestrian he provides enough with this defense

Doubt it. There is no upside to playing a 5th year senior whose main experience is as the holder on kickoffs, unless Burmeister is absolutely useless and unteachable. They burned Burmesiter's redshirt, so he gets the audition for the main job. Not a great first outing, but also not terribly surprising, under the circumstances.

This coaching staff is phenomenal

Ummmmmmmmmm...

Not entirely. This coaching staff is phenomenal at recruiting. So far, the in-game playcalling on the offensive side and the lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball have been, to put things mildly, underwhelming. One thing I always enjoyed as an Oregon fan was generally having the "smarter" staff on the field, with players that maximized every play by again, playing smarter than the other team. This characteristic declined under Helfraud and hasn't really gotten better yet.

The penalties are absolutely on the fucking coaching staff, and once you start to commit more than a few, the refs aren't going to give you any gifts, and probably make some shitty PI calls like they did in the 2nd half on Saturday.

With Herbert we win against Cuog any day of the week and twice on Sundays. (self-flag for violating hypotheticals rule) Herbert is a quality QB, and could be a very good one. He also needs to get his head on right and stop calling his own number on the read-option and learn to throw the ball out of bounds once in a while when rolling out after the pocket collapses or when the defense reads the RB.

Freeman still seems to be running a bit tentative. It's true that everyone was keying on him and he still gets his yards but not like he was unhurt.

Don't know where the quick outs and short passes were that could have helped Burmiester get some completions and help with his confidence as well as making the defense try to respect the passing game just a little bit. He threw way too many times on long posts and outs into coverage, which are makeable throws, but either he didn't make them or the WR didn't catch them or (worst of all) the DB did.

The OL is a mixed bag. Too many false starts, sloppy holding (they need to learn to hold the way we used to hold) calls, and not really as mobile as they should be.

The DL is great. That fat fucker #34 needs to play more snaps. Holy fuck he's quick for a fatty and blew up the WSU line a bunch of times. LBs are fucktarded.

Pretty much the same crew of untalented retards (plus a bunch of freshmen) that were are the bottom of NCAA in defense last year are currently #29. That's good coaching. Currently Oregon has 2 upperclassmen and 4 true freshmen in the secondary 2-deeps.

So if the plan is to just out-recruit the rest of the league and have a solid defense - it might work, given how well Lyles-Taggart and Company have performed on the recruiting trail so far. But I would rather have someone on the offensive side of the ball that could teach fundamentals and call a decent game as well.

Word is that David Reaves, who got the DUI/shit-canning in January, was kind of Lyles-Taggart's offensive brain trust at USF.

didnotreaddidnotreaddidnotread.gif
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

is this a parody thread

If parody means the worst thread I ever started, then yes.
    The bright side is we know who the Quooks, Doogs and Cuogs are, as if we didn't already gnu.
  • Options

Oh fuck. You're kidding me. Whoosh?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,333
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

haie said:

haie said:

creepy is a regular John Wooden these days
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    pawz said:

AZDuck said:

Gladstone said:

Samurhino

Samurhino

(2)
    10 months

9 hours ago

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the usual suspects pulling out their torches and pitchforks out of their quick draw holsters.

The reality is that if Herbert and Nelson were healthy all season this team would be 6-0 and looking a top ten ranking. Better yet imagine Herbert with Carrington and Nelson. Yes there have been ugly moments and yes the penalties continue to be an issue but this team is a legit contender when not hamstrung with third string WRs and a true freshman third string QB. For the love of all that's holy you ungrateful idiots...this is a brand new system with brand new coaches and almost all the same players that came from a broken culture and a 4-8 season just last year. What is wrong with you? Seriously you miserable little toads are off the rails. Herbert was the one player we could not afford to lose this year and still hope to be successful.

The defense played incredibly well given they had to complement an offense that kept going three and out. You take away some absolutely hideous officiating and this game finishes at 27-13 or 23-10 or more in that neighborhood which is miraculous given how much Burmeister struggled. Last year this team would've lost that game 72-10. Falk's completion percentage was 57% because of pressure and great coverage. They couldn't run to save their lives.

I don't know what you expected Taggart to do with the players he had available but you guys are out of your minds if you think there was some miracle any coach could've pulled out of their ass in a few days given the personnel.

Alie will be back and while he is very pedestrian he provides enough with this defense, our running game and Nelson coming back to win a few of these upcoming games and get this team to a bowl. The Ducks currently have the number one recruiting class in the country with legit four stars at every single position on the field outside of TE.

This coaching staff is phenomenal and this team will be competing for the playoffs as early as next year.

That guy is a longtime eQuook regular, pretty even-keeled and I generally agree with the tenor of his post, except for the following:

The reality is that if Herbert and Nelson were healthy all season this team would be 6-0 and looking a top ten ranking. Better yet imagine Herbert with Carrington and Nelson.

Alie will be back and while he is very pedestrian he provides enough with this defense

Doubt it. There is no upside to playing a 5th year senior whose main experience is as the holder on kickoffs, unless Burmeister is absolutely useless and unteachable. They burned Burmesiter's redshirt, so he gets the audition for the main job. Not a great first outing, but also not terribly surprising, under the circumstances.

Ummmmmmmmmm...

Not entirely. This coaching staff is phenomenal at recruiting. So far, the in-game playcalling on the offensive side and the lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball have been, to put things mildly, underwhelming. One thing I always enjoyed as an Oregon fan was generally having the "smarter" staff on the field, with players that maximized every play by again, playing smarter than the other team. This characteristic declined under Helfraud and hasn't really gotten better yet.

The penalties are absolutely on the fucking coaching staff, and once you start to commit more than a few, the refs aren't going to give you any gifts, and probably make some shitty PI calls like they did in the 2nd half on Saturday.

With Herbert we win against Cuog any day of the week and twice on Sundays. (self-flag for violating hypotheticals rule) Herbert is a quality QB, and could be a very good one. He also needs to get his head on right and stop calling his own number on the read-option and learn to throw the ball out of bounds once in a while when rolling out after the pocket collapses or when the defense reads the RB.

Freeman still seems to be running a bit tentative. It's true that everyone was keying on him and he still gets his yards but not like he was unhurt.

Don't know where the quick outs and short passes were that could have helped Burmiester get some completions and help with his confidence as well as making the defense try to respect the passing game just a little bit. He threw way too many times on long posts and outs into coverage, which are makeable throws, but either he didn't make them or the WR didn't catch them or (worst of all) the DB did.

The OL is a mixed bag. Too many false starts, sloppy holding (they need to learn to hold the way we used to hold) calls, and not really as mobile as they should be.

The DL is great. That fat fucker #34 needs to play more snaps. Holy fuck he's quick for a fatty and blew up the WSU line a bunch of times. LBs are fucktarded.

Pretty much the same crew of untalented retards (plus a bunch of freshmen) that were are the bottom of NCAA in defense last year are currently #29. That's good coaching. Currently Oregon has 2 upperclassmen and 4 true freshmen in the secondary 2-deeps.

So if the plan is to just out-recruit the rest of the league and have a solid defense - it might work, given how well Lyles-Taggart and Company have performed on the recruiting trail so far. But I would rather have someone on the offensive side of the ball that could teach fundamentals and call a decent game as well.

Word is that David Reaves, who got the DUI/shit-canning in January, was kind of Lyles-Taggart's offensive brain trust at USF.

sounds like I need to take off the gloves
  • Options

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

pawz said:

AZDuck said:

Gladstone said:

Samurhino

Samurhino

(2)
    10 months

9 hours ago

Ummmmmmmmmm...

sounds like I need to take off the gloves
    Take off @TheGlove's glasses? @TheGlove's trousers? @TheGlove's gloves?
  • Options
    pawz said:

haie said:

haie said:

There sure is. 7-6.
  • Options

pawz said:

haie said:

haie said:

creepy is a regular John Wooden these days
    wtf?

triggered?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

you can post as many clips as you want. you actually went full retard impulse and went avatar smack. were you smiling and typing real fast when you poasted that shit poast?

i'm still waiting for the tuff ending.
  • Options

you can post as many clips as you want. you actually went full retard impulse and went avatar smack. were you smiling and typing real fast when you poasted that shit poast?

i'm still waiting for the tuff ending.
    My mistake. I gave you too much credit. Shoulda posted this instead.
    Have you always been easier than a two-dollar hooker?