Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Presented without comment

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

If black people commit crimes at a higher rate, and thus are interacting with police more often, wouldn't that be a good starting point for explaining why black people get killed by police officers at a higher rate?

Ok so this is good, this is a big part of the issue. Do black people commit crimes at a higher rate? Because I've seen multiple studies show whites use illegal drugs at the same rate or higher than blacks. Yet blacks go to jail at like 10 times the rate for drug crimes.

This is where we get into the whole fucking system being broken and why doing it in front of the flag and anthem means something. You are more likely to be arrested for doing drugs if you are black, that's police. You are more likely to receive a harsher sentence if you are black, that's the justice system. And you are more likely to be convicted if you are black, that's the fucking people.

Or, if you prefer, you can explain why one race would be more likely to commit crimes than another. I would actually love to see that.
    When you're a cop, you play the odds.

When you're stupid, you get caught by the police doing drugs, When you're not fucking stupid, you don't get caught doing drugs by the cops.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,776
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If black people commit crimes at a higher rate, and thus are interacting with police more often, wouldn't that be a good starting point for explaining why black people get killed by police officers at a higher rate?

Ok so this is good, this is a big part of the issue. Do black people commit crimes at a higher rate? Because I've seen multiple studies show whites use illegal drugs at the same rate or higher than blacks. Yet blacks go to jail at like 10 times the rate for drug crimes.

This is where we get into the whole fucking system being broken and why doing it in front of the flag and anthem means something. You are more likely to be arrested for doing drugs if you are black, that's police. You are more likely to receive a harsher sentence if you are black, that's the justice system. And you are more likely to be convicted if you are black, that's the fucking people.

Or, if you prefer, you can explain why one race would be more likely to commit crimes than another. I would actually love to see that.
    This is where we could get to if we actually wanted to have a discussion about race.

There are so many stats floating out there and conceptions and misconceptions that we just talk past each other.

To us a few current bidness buzz words we need to drill down on the topic and circle back to see where we are at.

I think a panel with 3 or 4 folks carefully looking at these things could surprise us all and maybe find some solutions other than vote for me every 4 years

I'll throw this out - if you have competent legal representation you are more likely to avoid prison for drug crimes and even a lot of property crimes.

If you have a PD you're fucked.

Let's change that. And make sure when Blacks do come in contact they live long enough to get an attorney
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

When you're stupid, you get caught by the police doing drugs, When you're not fucking stupid, you don't get caught doing drugs by the cops.
    If you are at home you are less likely to get popped.

On the corner you make the departments quota for arrests
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

See I thought we paid police to protect and serve, not to gamble with people's lives.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

This is where we could get to if we actually wanted to have a discussion about race.

There are so many stats floating out there and conceptions and misconceptions that we just talk past each other.

To us a few current bidness buzz words we need to drill down on the topic and circle back to see where we are at.

I think a panel with 3 or 4 folks carefully looking at these things could surprise us all and maybe find some solutions other than vote for me every 4 years

I'll throw this out - if you have competent legal representation you are more likely to avoid prison for drug crimes and even a lot of property crimes.

Let's change that. And make sure when Blacks do come in contact they live long enough to get an attorney
    Totally agree.

#Bannon2020
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Racists love racial profiling.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2017
    I really should read the entire thread before I post.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2017

salemcoog said:

Racists love racial profiling.
    Shut your mouth already you fucking chimp. It's already been established that you're too retarded to have a conversation about this topic. Sit on the sidelines with your boy Hondo.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

salemcoog said:

See I thought we paid police to protect and serve, not to gamble with people's lives.
    Cute adaptation of the LAPD's slogan, snarky, but misses the point.

Police are paid to enforce laws and to protect law abiding citizens and their property from law breakers. The system works best when law abiding citizens trust law enforcement and vice versa. In some parts of the country, that's a real problem right now.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited September 2017
    salemcoog said:

When you're stupid black, you get caught by the police doing drugs, When you're not fucking stupid black, you don't get caught doing drugs by the cops.
    huh

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

When you're stupid black, you get caught by the police doing drugs, When you're not fucking stupid black, you don't get caught doing drugs by the cops.
    huh

So who's the racist now?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2017

salemcoog said:

Totally agree.

#Bannon2020
    Had to down vote to stay consistent
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    this thread is gay, and not the happy gay but more like sucking cock type a gay.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    This I know: Most of what we read and hear about "oppression" these days comes from middle-class and upper-middle class people of all races. And academia continues to push it's case that the U.S. is, in fact, a terrible place to live, and we'd all be better under Socialism or Communism, because theoretically, that would eradicate all inequality.

Pay no mind the the mountainous pile of evidence known as "The Twentieth Century" which refutes those theories and goals. But they have to have something to talk about at Evergreen and Missouri, so they do.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

huh

So who's the racist now?
    kinda sounds like you, dude

You responded to APAG's post about black people, police and the justice system producing disproportionately bad outcomes for black folks by saying "when you're stupid you get caught."

So I inferred from your post that black = stupid.
  • Options

this thread is gay, and not the happy gay but more like sucking cock type a gay.

Too close.
  • Options

This I know: Most of what we read and hear about "oppression" these days comes from middle-class and upper-middle class people of all races. And academia continues to push it's case that the U.S. is, in fact, a terrible place to live, and we'd all be better under Socialism or Communism, because theoretically, that would eradicate all inequality.

Pay no mind the the mountainous pile of evidence known as "The Twentieth Century" which refutes those theories and goals. But they have to have something to talk about at Evergreen and Missouri, so they do.

Racial inequality has nothing to do with socialism/Communism.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Racial inequality has nothing to do with socialism/Communism.
    Although it was a major talking point against us in the cold war by the all white Russians and the homogeneous Chinese

But MLK was not a commie regardless of what that twink Hoover thought