Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Presented without comment

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2017

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

If black people commit crimes at a higher rate, and thus are interacting with police more often, wouldn't that be a good starting point for explaining why black people get killed by police officers at a higher rate?

Ok so this is good, this is a big part of the issue. Do black people commit crimes at a higher rate? Because I've seen multiple studies show whites use illegal drugs at the same rate or higher than blacks. Yet blacks go to jail at like 10 times the rate for drug crimes.

This is where we get into the whole fucking system being broken and why doing it in front of the flag and anthem means something. You are more likely to be arrested for doing drugs if you are black, that's police. You are more likely to receive a harsher sentence if you are black, that's the justice system. And you are more likely to be convicted if you are black, that's the fucking people.

Or, if you prefer, you can explain why one race would be more likely to commit crimes than another. I would actually love to see that.
    long drug sentences are for dealing drugs, and all it's attendant sentencing rules, not using. HTH
    Yes @Sledog different crimes have different sentences. How could I have possibly missed that? You've done it, you've proven there is no racism.

@RaceBannon there will be no progress, no conversation, no movement of consequence as long as you are on the side of these neanderthals. I make that point and that piece of shit comes back with "whites don't deal drugs like niggers do". That's your teammate that said that. And he may not have said it but he said it and we all know he said it.

Black people are stupid, they're violent and they all sell drugs according to some people on this board. White people are not. But there aren't any racists here. At least that's what they keep telling Sven.
    So you think penalties are race based and blacks get heavier sentences or do you think white guys get less severe sentencing?

Why does crack have a higher penalty? Because it is more addictive, it's probably the most addictive drug. It's also the most prevalent in the inner city. Stiffer penalties to try and discourage it's use. HTH
    Who lives in the inner city anyway?
    White people. Inner cities are becoming less and less black all the time. Haven't you read the news and seen the protests?

Where the hell have you been, Boobs?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

If black people commit crimes at a higher rate, and thus are interacting with police more often, wouldn't that be a good starting point for explaining why black people get killed by police officers at a higher rate?

Ok so this is good, this is a big part of the issue. Do black people commit crimes at a higher rate? Because I've seen multiple studies show whites use illegal drugs at the same rate or higher than blacks. Yet blacks go to jail at like 10 times the rate for drug crimes.

This is where we get into the whole fucking system being broken and why doing it in front of the flag and anthem means something. You are more likely to be arrested for doing drugs if you are black, that's police. You are more likely to receive a harsher sentence if you are black, that's the justice system. And you are more likely to be convicted if you are black, that's the fucking people.

Or, if you prefer, you can explain why one race would be more likely to commit crimes than another. I would actually love to see that.
    long drug sentences are for dealing drugs, and all it's attendant sentencing rules, not using. HTH
    Yes @Sledog different crimes have different sentences. How could I have possibly missed that? You've done it, you've proven there is no racism.

@RaceBannon there will be no progress, no conversation, no movement of consequence as long as you are on the side of these neanderthals. I make that point and that piece of shit comes back with "whites don't deal drugs like niggers do". That's your teammate that said that. And he may not have said it but he said it and we all know he said it.

Black people are stupid, they're violent and they all sell drugs according to some people on this board. White people are not. But there aren't any racists here. At least that's what they keep telling Sven.
    So you think penalties are race based and blacks get heavier sentences or do you think white guys get less severe sentencing?

Why does crack have a higher penalty? Because it is more addictive, it's probably the most addictive drug. It's also the most prevalent in the inner city. Stiffer penalties to try and discourage it's use. HTH
    White people. Inner cities are becoming less and less black all the time. Haven't you read the news and seen the protests?

Its the endless cycle of real estate. Trash the inner cities, buy them cheap and you have close to town multi million dollar real estate again

Lather rinse repeat
  • Options

Off topic, but this is how i imagine Race.

How Race imagines it.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    And yet it was only in South Central that drug arrests looked like this

Been to Delridge lately? This is how they gear up to go serve Federal warrants, or did until the past year.

Police Militarization is a subject worthy of it's own thread. I don't like it either, and think the entire "overwhelming force" doctrine - plagiarised from Colin Powell's shit, fucko - should never have trickled down to police departments, but it did. And the number of civil rights suits against cities, and big payouts, skyrocketed as a result.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    . Fucked this up again. Goddamnit.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dude61 said:

If you want to focus on solving the problems in the inner city, police brutality is way down the list.

Crime rate. Gangs. Drugs. Fatherless homes. Unsafe neighborhoods—making education highly difficult. The export of jobs overseas, exacerbating poverty. A hostile refusal from many quarters to support local leaders who exemplify self-sufficiency of the individual and the community.

No one at the federal level actually aims to eradicate life-sapping chronic conditions in inner cities. Rather, the plan is to expand the number of people who are dependent on government for the length of their lives.

Colin Kaepernick is a dullard and a dupe, focusing attention away from the real problems in the inner city.

It’s much easier to blame everything on police shootings. People can read about them and hear about them and nod and say, “Yes, this is why inner cities are destitute. This is THE core reason.”

Some people are happier in their delusions.

Agree
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,070
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

It wasn't the substance or weight that led to tougher sentencing laws. It was the violence, the gangs, the daily shootings, the drive-by shootings with automatic weapons, and the innocent people getting caught in the crossfire of careless, dangerous thugs who would spray an entire bus stop with bullets to shoot one member of a different gang, then say, "Well, those other people shouldn't have been there." The feds decided to return that sentiment in-kind and had most of the country behind them.

I'm amazed that 7 pages in, nobody has mentioned the inconvenient and relevant fact that it was the violence tearing apart neighborhoods that most influenced congress and two presidents to pass tougher sentencing laws. But it's easier to smugly indict everyone associated with those laws as racist while ignoring the impetus for those laws.

Part of my sentencing comment, the quantity and guns will get you much longer terms in the gray bar hotel. Problem is so few served their time. Cali just let 50,000 felons out of prison and mad all simple drug possession a misdemeanor knocked down firearms sentences and the law revised sentences for those already convicted. They just emptied the prisons into the streets. Crime is climbing quickly.
  • Options
    pawz said:

Sledog said:

pawz said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

pawz said:

Welp. It appears SledoogFS outed himself as the Grand Wizard.

I was trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but you have to TRY to be this out of touch with the effects of drug sentencing laws in America the last 3-5 decades.

I am the wizard of common sense. It's now so rare it should be a super power.
    Putting black people in chains is common sense to you.

We get it.
    Get of the racist shit Sven. Poont out something of STFU.

AGAIN, you have to TRY to be this out of touch with the effects of drug sentencing laws in America the last 3-5 decades.

Effects? The laws were meant to incarcerate people convicted just like all laws. I ain't the guy to talk to about changing them. Maybe your congressman can help.
    Hey Cleetus, this weekend you gonna get a couple two-b-fers, some gasoline and have a bonfire in the front yard?

Axing for a fren.
    Two -b-fers make shitty BBQ. Just so you know doofus the Klan would kill me too.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Its the endless cycle of real estate. Trash the inner cities, buy them cheap and you have close to town multi million dollar real estate again

Lather rinse repeat
    Some like to call that "Gentrification".
  • Options

It wasn't the substance or weight that led to tougher sentencing laws. It was the violence, the gangs, the daily shootings, the drive-by shootings with automatic weapons, and the innocent people getting caught in the crossfire of careless, dangerous thugs who would spray an entire bus stop with bullets to shoot one member of a different gang, then say, "Well, those other people shouldn't have been there." The feds decided to return that sentiment in-kind and had most of the country behind them.

I'm amazed that 7 pages in, nobody has mentioned the inconvenient and relevant fact that it was the violence tearing apart neighborhoods that most influenced congress and two presidents to pass tougher sentencing laws. But it's easier to smugly indict everyone associated with those laws as racist while ignoring the impetus for those laws.

Not normally used for drug warrants unless it's a known gang location. Of course you expect to come home from work alive right?
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Lather rinse repeat
    In Cali many have moved out toward the desert. Selling their inner city homes at a good price and buying cheaper places in Palmdale, Lancaster, Moreno Valley etc. Some just moved there for cheaper rent. Of course problems moved with them.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Not normally used for drug warrants unless it's a known gang location. Of course you expect to come home from work alive right?
    The LAPD was out of control in the 80's and 90's

That's not a myth its a fact.

50's 60's and 70's too.

Generations were raised getting beat up or having their homes invaded. That will change your perception
  • Options

Sledog said:

50's 60's and 70's too.

Generations were raised getting beat up or having their homes invaded. That will change your perception
    Not saying bad things haven't happened. They don't use of armored cars for most warrant service these days.
  • Options

Sledog said:

50's 60's and 70's too.

So was crime. I'm no proponent of the Darryl Gates policing methods. But nor do I support the passive-hippie Norm Stamper school of policing. The biggest problem I see with policing of cities, to this day, is that most cops don't live anywhere near where they work. Seattle is full of cowboy cops from Duvall and Maple Valley, for example. Those who say they can't relate have a valid point.
  • Options

Lather rinse repeat

One man's Gentrification is another man's Displacement.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,968

Lather rinse repeat
    One man's Gentrification is another man's Displacement.

Winners win.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

50's 60's and 70's too.

Not saying bad things haven't happened. They don't use of armored cars for most warrant service these days.
    a few bad apples

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampart_scandal

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Lather rinse repeat
    In Cali many have moved out toward the desert. Selling their inner city homes at a good price and buying cheaper places in Palmdale, Lancaster, Moreno Valley etc. Some just moved there for cheaper rent. Of course problems moved with them.
    That's not gentrification. The term "gentrification" is generally used to describe the process of urban renewal following a period of urban decay. The term has become a dog whistle of sorts for the left due to the inevitable displacement of some during the renewal phase.

Regarding the high desert/Antelope valley region, a few decades ago, Palmdale-Lancaster was mostly a unique mix of shit kickers, retirees, and blue collar types working for Lockheed, Northrop and Rockwell. The problems you're describing in the high desert have (or had) a lot to do with gangs from LA expanding in that direction.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

This was true 15 years ago. Now it's meth heroine and opioids. All equally addictive as crack. but even more deadly to the end user. Compared to the above mentioned. Coke and crack are dead for the most part.
    So should we jail hillbillies for using those?
    Kreist,

No we should give them a break if their white.

Is your meltdown in the neighborhood of later guys yet?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

can I infer that the cooger is also addicted to crack? since apparently he's done it once and all

Crack is one helluva drug.