Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Presented without comment

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,070
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

If black people commit crimes at a higher rate, and thus are interacting with police more often, wouldn't that be a good starting point for explaining why black people get killed by police officers at a higher rate?

Ok so this is good, this is a big part of the issue. Do black people commit crimes at a higher rate? Because I've seen multiple studies show whites use illegal drugs at the same rate or higher than blacks. Yet blacks go to jail at like 10 times the rate for drug crimes.

This is where we get into the whole fucking system being broken and why doing it in front of the flag and anthem means something. You are more likely to be arrested for doing drugs if you are black, that's police. You are more likely to receive a harsher sentence if you are black, that's the justice system. And you are more likely to be convicted if you are black, that's the fucking people.

Or, if you prefer, you can explain why one race would be more likely to commit crimes than another. I would actually love to see that.
    long drug sentences are for dealing drugs, and all it's attendant sentencing rules, not using. HTH
    Yes @Sledog different crimes have different sentences. How could I have possibly missed that? You've done it, you've proven there is no racism.

@RaceBannon there will be no progress, no conversation, no movement of consequence as long as you are on the side of these neanderthals. I make that point and that piece of shit comes back with "whites don't deal drugs like niggers do". That's your teammate that said that. And he may not have said it but he said it and we all know he said it.

Black people are stupid, they're violent and they all sell drugs according to some people on this board. White people are not. But there aren't any racists here. At least that's what they keep telling Sven.
    So you think penalties are race based and blacks get heavier sentences or do you think white guys get less severe sentencing?

Why does crack have a higher penalty? Because it is more addictive, it's probably the most addictive drug. It's also the most prevalent in the inner city. Stiffer penalties to try and discourage it's use. HTH
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Here is my experience on race from a world view; If you ask a black man in America what race he is, he will say black. If you ask a black man what race he is in France will say French. The same is true for England, Germany, Greece, Canada, Brazil, Africa, etc.

Black people to this day still aren't viewed as simply Americans, by any race including their own. The same holds true for Mexicans, Asians, and Arabs. The Irish, Germans, English, French, and Scottish that all moved here are Americans.

Like Chris Rock said, a one legged, white bus boy wouldn't trade places with a rich black man. It was true then and it's still true now.

Moster might be right about something for once. Rich black guys are angry ass mofo's.
  • Options
    So where is affirmative action in pro sports? You guys would support that right? Seems blacks are way over represented compared to their population as a percentage. Maybe we need the ACLU on this shit!
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

If black people commit crimes at a higher rate, and thus are interacting with police more often, wouldn't that be a good starting point for explaining why black people get killed by police officers at a higher rate?

Ok so this is good, this is a big part of the issue. Do black people commit crimes at a higher rate? Because I've seen multiple studies show whites use illegal drugs at the same rate or higher than blacks. Yet blacks go to jail at like 10 times the rate for drug crimes.

This is where we get into the whole fucking system being broken and why doing it in front of the flag and anthem means something. You are more likely to be arrested for doing drugs if you are black, that's police. You are more likely to receive a harsher sentence if you are black, that's the justice system. And you are more likely to be convicted if you are black, that's the fucking people.

Or, if you prefer, you can explain why one race would be more likely to commit crimes than another. I would actually love to see that.
    long drug sentences are for dealing drugs, and all it's attendant sentencing rules, not using. HTH
    Yes @Sledog different crimes have different sentences. How could I have possibly missed that? You've done it, you've proven there is no racism.

@RaceBannon there will be no progress, no conversation, no movement of consequence as long as you are on the side of these neanderthals. I make that point and that piece of shit comes back with "whites don't deal drugs like niggers do". That's your teammate that said that. And he may not have said it but he said it and we all know he said it.

Black people are stupid, they're violent and they all sell drugs according to some people on this board. White people are not. But there aren't any racists here. At least that's what they keep telling Sven.
    So you think penalties are race based and blacks get heavier sentences or do you think white guys get less severe sentencing?

Why does crack have a higher penalty? Because it is more addictive, it's probably the most addictive drug. It's also the most prevalent in the inner city. Stiffer penalties to try and discourage it's use. HTH
    How's that working out?
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

How's that working out?
    Bad guys in prison. It's working fine.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

That's a lot of pressure on me. Not sure I'm up to it

I'm on my team
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I thought you were old

There's a history on sentencing. Flake coke was the cool drug of the 70's and 80's for well off whites

Crack was sold in bite size bits in the hood and that's why it got the tough sentences and a big part of our crowded prisons over represented by young Black males.
    Holy shit. @RaceBannon just agreed with me. I'm not sure he knows it yet. But he did.

Nice work old man.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I thought you were old

There's a history on sentencing. Flake coke was the cool drug of the 70's and 80's for well off whites

Crack was sold in bite size bits in the hood and that's why it got the tough sentences and a big part of our crowded prisons over represented by young Black males.
    I am old and am aware of where the drugs go. Much more than you would think. Tiny bit of crack didn't send you to prison but being a dealer did. Easier to pick off dealers with stings and simple surveillance in the hood than white guys dealing to known associates. Pretty much every drug sans marijuana (in many states) has weight enhancements when caught.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Who lives in the inner city anyway?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

So where is affirmative action in pro sports? You guys would support that right? Seems blacks are way over represented compared to their population as a percentage. Maybe we need the ACLU on this shit!

Affirmative action is bullshit.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

How's that working out?
    Black guys in prison. It's working fine.
    Say what you really think
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I support equal rights for everyone. I don't support the divisive, race-baiting tactics of the far left. It's only a matter of time before scum like Soros, Clinton (she's already doing it) and others co-opt this movement and use it as a means to their own ends.
  • Options
    Grabbed this from a friend I have not confirmed the numbers.

The FBI released its official crime tally for 2016 today, and the data flies in the face of the rhetoric that professional athletes rehearsed in revived Black Lives Matter protests over the weekend. Nearly 900 additional blacks were killed in 2016 compared with 2015, bringing the black homicide-victim total to 7,881. Those 7,881 “black bodies,” in the parlance of Ta-Nehisi Coates, are 1,305 more than the number of white victims (which in this case includes most Hispanics) for the same period, though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population. The increase in black homicide deaths last year comes on top of a previous 900-victim increase between 2014 and 2015.
    Who is killing these black victims? Not whites, and not the police, but other blacks. In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The Post categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest. Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers—committed vastly and disproportionately by black males. Among all homicide suspects whose race was known, white killers of blacks numbered only 243.
    Violent crime has now risen by a significant amount for two consecutive years. The total number of violent crimes rose 4.1 percent in 2016, and estimated homicides rose 8.6 percent. In 2015, violent crime rose by nearly 4 percent and estimated homicides by nearly 11 percent. The last time violence rose two years in a row was 2005–06. The reason for the current increase is what I have called the Ferguson Effect. Cops are backing off of proactive policing in high-crime minority neighborhoods, and criminals are becoming emboldened. Having been told incessantly by politicians, the media, and Black Lives Matter activists that they are bigoted for getting out of their cars and questioning someone loitering on a known drug corner at 2 am, many officers are instead just driving by. Such stops are discretionary; cops don’t have to make them. And when political elites demonize the police for just such proactive policing, we shouldn’t be surprised when cops get the message and do less of it. Seventy-two percent of the nation’s officers say that they and their colleagues are now less willing to stop and question suspicious persons, according to a Pew Research poll released in January. The reason is the persistent anti-cop climate.
    Four studies came out in 2016 alone rebutting the charge that police shootings are racially biased. If there is a bias in police shootings, it works in favor of blacks and against whites. That truth has not stopped the ongoing demonization of the police—including, now, by many of the country’s ignorant professional athletes. The toll will be felt, as always, in the inner city, by the thousands of law-abiding people there who desperately want more police protection.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I thought you were old

What does this have to do with getting drunk out on the A line and smoking cloves at the Surf Club?
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

How's that working out?
    Bad guys are bad guys I could care less if they were polka dotted.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

How's that working out?
    Still waiting for you to poont. But you can't.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I support equal rights for everyone. I don't support the divisive, race-baiting tactics of the far left. It's only a matter of time before scum like Soros, Clinton (she's already doing it) and others co-opt this movement and use it as a means to their own ends.

Oh so there aren't racist people in America. Only people calling other people racist.

Got it.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2017
    2001400ex said:

Oh so there aren't racist people in America. Only people calling other people racist.

Got it.
    There are more people in America calling other people racist than there are racist people in America. The left and its propaganda machines (Washington Post, NY Times, etc.) stoke racial division on purpose. Just look at Boobs. He's convinced everyone who doesn't support the kneelers are racist. He's not an isolated case. His buddies think the same way, they're the guys in Berkeley with black masks and truncheons, trying to beat up anyone who disagrees with their narrative. That's Soros/the Washington Post in action.
  • Options

Bullshit