Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Seems to me the longer it takes the better for UW

But....WTFDI

*K
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did he flip yet? Or was that Franklin? To'oto?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

But....WTFDI

the longer it takes the better for oregon (or usc) ... ohio state is a covid ready to blow up and washington got no bags and oregon still appreciates football so ....
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Maybe Hopate can get UCLA involved?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    HuskyJW said:

But....WTFDI

Well, our chances can’t get any lower than 0% so yes, technically true.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    Founders Club
    edited March 2021

UW or Ohio State. Papa Tui is pushing OSU.

Is it some sort of obligation for Samoan parents/families to take over their kid's recruitment? Marlon, Togiai, Kaho, Tootoo, and now JTT? In a just world, every single one of these players would be Dawgs. Sick of this shit. If you can't beat em, join em.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Best guess is

Is it some sort of obligation for Samoan parents/families to take over their kid's recruitment? Marlon, Togiai, Kaho, Tootoo, and now JTT? In a just world, every single one of these players would be Dawgs. Sick of this shit. If you can't beat em, join em.
    To keep positive, I just always assume for every kid that has a parent or family member who makes them go somewhere else when it seems they actually want to go to UW, there's probably a kid who wanted to go somewhere else whose parents made him go to UW. I can think of a few specific standout players who come to mind.

Is there anything substantial to show JT is still seriously considering UW or is it just speculation because the longer this drags out and the longer he can't visit Ohio State, the more staying home or going to Oregon makes sense?
    Founders Club

Best guess is

To keep positive, I just always assume for every kid that has a parent or family member who makes them go somewhere else when it seems they actually want to go to UW, there's probably a kid who wanted to go somewhere else whose parents made him go to UW. I can think of a few specific standout players who come to mind.

Is there anything substantial to show JT is still seriously considering UW or is it just speculation because the longer this drags out and the longer he can't visit Ohio State, the more staying home or going to Oregon makes sense?
    If these recruitments were on the level, that would be a fair argument, but these kids are clearly spurning UW for nefarious reasons. It's been proven in Marlon's and Tootoo's case. And we know Kaho and Togiai likely got Dodge Chargers or some shit. Fuck, man. Drives me crazy.
  • Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763

Committing with Toot toot?

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fishpo31 said:

I have a Samoan friend, and he told me the traditional Samoan father is the literal, absolute head of family, and his word is law, no questions asked.
    Hmmmnnn ... there are some benefits to that.

"Wife! Stop making me that sandwich! Head to the bedroom ... (Bruce buffer voice) it's time!"
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

I have a Samoan friend, and he told me the traditional Samoan father is the literal, absolute head of family, and his word is law, no questions asked.
    his mom told him to say that
    Swaye's Wigwam

Best guess is

If these recruitments were on the level, that would be a fair argument, but these kids are clearly spurning UW for nefarious reasons. It's been proven in Marlon's and Tootoo's case. And we know Kaho and Togiai likely got Dodge Chargers or some shit. Fuck, man. Drives me crazy.
    You're right - there's a difference between losing someone like N'Keal Harry who just ended up wanting to/having to stay home than these recent situations where it seems pretty clear something nefarious stepped in but following UW football now is just finding ways to cope. I'll clarify that I don't think there's nearly enough to put JT in that category.

Honestly, it feels like he's someone who people have either made up whatever seems likely by reading tea leaves/momentum with his recruitment because he doesn't talk or he has never truly known where he wanted to go and is heavily swayed by short-term momentum given this timeline:

1. First interviews mentions Stanford as his dream school - huh?
    2. Rumors he was seen wearing a ton of Clemson stuff and talking up Clemson after they win a title
    3. Smoke he may commit to UW back when Petersen was still around and before the 2019 collapse
    4. Ohio State emerges as the far away leader once COVID hits and it seems they start putting heat on him
    5. Oregon starts getting momentum in their recruiting class and then emerges as a serious contender if not favorite
    6. Alabama checks Ohio State in the national title game and now they're right there with Ohio State again
    Founders Club
    edited March 2021

Best guess is

I'll clarify that I don't think there's nearly enough to put JT in that category.

No evidence, but I'm failing to understand why Papa Tui would be pushing for Ohio State.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Best guess is

I'll clarify that I don't think there's nearly enough to put JT in that category.

No evidence, but I'm failing to understand why Papa Tui would be pushing for Ohio State.
    The dad might just think that Ohio State offers a higher profile and has developed three recent out of this world DEs. If it is a bag thing and UW can't match or outmatch as a school with the donor base in Seattle that they are Ohio State's bags for a recruit like this the program might as well drop down to the Mountain West.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,010
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Fishpo31 said: