Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021
    lawsandl said:

If he’s dead set on tOSU, why not just commit? Everyone wants to think these kids have some outright leader. He’s not decided and it’s March.

Would you want the McDonalds bags to stop rolling in?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Eat shit USC, we?re number four!

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/JT-Tuimoloau-Top-Five-Power-Rankings-Alabama-Ohio-State-Oregon-USC-Washington-161753372/#161753372_8

4. The hometown Washington Huskies remain involved with Tuimoloau.

Over three years ago, the day after he played his third ever high school football game at Eastside Catholic, the Huskies offered Tuimoloau.

He was barely a month into his freshman year at the time, but then-head coach Chris Petersen knew he needed to get on Tuimoloau early, and he became the first coach to offer him. In fact, it was the earliest Petersen had ever offered a player at Washington.

The co-defensive coordinators at the time were Jimmy Lake, now the head coach, and Pete Kwiatkowski, the former defensive coordinator now at Texas. Tuimoloau had a strong relationship with Kwiatkowski, but he's now in Austin, so Ikaika Malloe has gotten more involved of late.

Washington also has the one thing that no other school on his list has: true proximity to home, less than an hour away.
    WASHINGTON REMAINS INVOLVED
    FRANNY BITCHES!!!!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

FRANNY BITCHES!!!!

*******y Quad Poast
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dnc said:
    As long as it doesn't rhyme with "FUCKS", I'll survive.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Probably my favorite Husky O lineman EVER

Played on bad wheels but led the 2000 DAWGS to the Rose Bowl with some help from Tui

Don't let us down
    It's not daste that's letting us down
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I asked him to whisper the name of JT's college choice...

... And he said “I don’t fucking know, probably Ohio State.”

It seems like a year ago that I said JTT will be in Columbus on 9/11 for when Oregon comes to town, and that he will be on the Ohio State sideline. I had no idea it would be for his official visit and not as a participant.

I get wanting to see the place you’ll be living in for a few years, and wanting to meet coaches face to face - he’s never been to Columbus. What does he expect to see or not see there that could influence his decision? And another visit to Tuscaloosa although they’ve visited before? I’m sure there’s an UberEats version for bag men as well, you don’t have to physically be there as well. Is his family unable to take a flight out there? There are recruits from the Southeast who are coming to Eugene and taking the self guided tours coaches made, some 4-star from Alabama is on campus today. Are Oregon and Washington so pour that they can’t match and add an extra surcharge for forcing him to play in the Pac-12?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

FRANNY BITCHES!!!!

Rare Pumpyquadrupleshitpost.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

FRANNY BITCHES!!!!

*******y Quad Poast
    Fuck your... three and a half hours...
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

It seems like a year ago that I said JTT will be in Columbus on 9/11 for when Oregon comes to town, and that he will be on the Ohio State sideline. I had no idea it would be for his official visit and not as a participant.

I get wanting to see the place you’ll be living in for a few years, and wanting to meet coaches face to face - he’s never been to Columbus. What does he expect to see or not see there that could influence his decision? And another visit to Tuscaloosa although they’ve visited before? I’m sure there’s an UberEats version for bag men as well, you don’t have to physically be there as well. Is his family unable to take a flight out there? There are recruits from the Southeast who are coming to Eugene and taking the self guided tours coaches made, some 4-star from Alabama is on campus today. Are Oregon and Washington so pour that they can’t match and add an extra surcharge for forcing him to play in the Pac-12?

This guy is okay taking his time. I wouldn’t be able to stand it. I picked my school, my major and career when I was 19.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    lawsandl said:

This guy is okay taking his time. I wouldn’t be able to stand it. I picked my school, my major and career when I was 19.
    Of course he’s okay taking his time, he’s good enough to make the big fish wait. Not a lot of people can hold Nick Saban hostage, so do it. From a scarcity standpoint it’s actually pretty smart. A 5-star DE is always valuable, but when there are no other 5 or even 4-star DEs In inventory and the team that you’ve met in the playoffs several times can also get him the relative value has increased.

To use a real life example, let’s say you kidnap the children of Russian oligarchs and hold them for ransom. Oligarch A has two children, and you have both of them. Then an accident happens. Like Vadik the idiot leaving a car running in an enclosed space. You now have only one child; that child becomes worth four times the original ransom. The product, children of Oligarch A, were valuable to begin with and have now become even more so due to the scarcity.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Seems to me the longer it takes the better for UW

But....WTFDI