Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sam Huard, 5* 2021 QB, Burien (Kennedy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    In a football sense, not a rapist sense.

Don't twist.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020

Just got bumped to a 5* (14th overall) in the new Rivals rankings.

QB Sam Huard — Huard is Tua Tagovailoa if that comparison can be made, a smooth lefty with great touch and accuracy. I’m not 100% sold on him being a five-star because I’m not a huge fan of lefty quarterbacks, but as a group we love him

I agree on the human being thing. They throw weird and generally suck. Maybe Sam breaks the curse.
    Lefties is of the devil.
  • Options
    TheGhost206TheGhost206 Member Posts: 97
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    I would say most QBs suck in general and there are fewer southpaws so the ineptitude stands out. But wasn't Brunell a lefty? Anyway, nice to see you Bleached. You have the best name on this thing.

QB Sam Huard — Huard is Tua Tagovailoa if that comparison can be made, a smooth lefty with great touch and accuracy. I’m not 100% sold on him being a five-star because I’m not a huge fan of lefty quarterbacks, but as a group we love him

I agree on the lefty qb thing. They throw weird and generally suck. Maybe Sam breaks the curse.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

bigcc said:

I think a lot of you don't understand how amazing this kids deep ball is, I haven't seen him play enough to judge his ability to read defenses, create space in the pocket, or fit passes in tight windows across the middle, because highlights don't really allow it, but he definitely has the most difficult part down

When he eventually starts he's going to be a beast given the types of receivers we're bringing/could potentially bring in, so long as his OC allows it

The arc he puts on the ball is just unbelievable, such a catchable ball. His deep accuracy is so good he doesn't need a 1% arm like Eason. If he has a dependable 1,000 yard RB he will be very, very good.
    Pretty sure we will have that RB. I see no reason why Newton can’t be a 1,000 yard back. Cam Davis too. We could always be better, but we have good RB’s that could even potentially be better than good.
    I upvoted you but I don't see a potentially great back on the roster. A lot depends on the fellas up front --a really talented bunch.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,825
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I would say most QBs suck in general and there are fewer southpaws so the ineptitude stands out. But wasn't Brunell a lefty? Anyway, nice to see you Bleached. You have the best name on this thing.

I agree on the lefty qb thing. They throw weird and generally suck. Maybe Sam breaks the curse.
    How’d you get the beans above the frank?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Just downgraded to a 4* by Biggins at al.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,150
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hopefully we pull the offer
  • Options

He'll still get a 5th star at that spot but thats complete bullshit
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Word out of Eugene is that the Ducks have completed their eval of Huard and are ready to make their push.

The day we have all feared has arrived.

Turns out he is good enough to walk on at Oregon.

We joke but if the best thing we can do for him this class is a JUCO TE why wouldn’t he look around at other schools?
    We can’t even get the kids he plays with in 7 vs 7 to come play with him and they know how good he is.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

Word out of Eugene is that the Ducks have completed their eval of Huard and are ready to make their push.

We joke but if the best thing we can do for him this class is a JUCO TE why wouldn’t he look around at other schools?
    We can’t even get the kids he plays with in 7 vs 7 to come play with him and they know how good he is.
    I'll lipo but a perfect storm of a mediocre season, Garbers winningbthe starting job, and a terribly flubbed recruiting class could lead Sam to question if maybe he made his decision too hastily and should explore his options.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Just a thought, but maybe he isn't as good as everyone is leading on....If he was the 2nd coming, we would have alot of these guys locked up by now?
  • Options

dnc said:

I'll lipo but a perfect storm of a mediocre season, Garbers winningbthe starting job, and a terribly flubbed recruiting class could lead Sam to question if maybe he made his decision too hastily and should explore his options.
    He's coming here
  • Options
    KevinPAC12KevinPAC12 Member Posts: 62
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Huard w/ 9 offers and 8-5 USC as his big offer

Vs

Thompson w/ 18 offers and the national champions LSU as his big offer

Huard can walk off a fuck plank! Just like the entire UW class as the moment.

HARD PASS ON ALL!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Huard w/ 9 offers and 8-5 USC as his big offer

Vs

Thompson w/ 18 offers and the national champions LSU as his big offer

Huard can walk off a fuck plank! Just like the entire UW class as the moment.

HARD PASS ON ALL!
    Seek help troll!