Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sam Huard, 5* 2021 QB, Burien (Kennedy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

The real question is:

Is Huard's brain Jimmy's offense better than Brownsock's brain Pete's offense?

If Huard doesn't run backwards 40 yards and takes a sack or attempts to throw it out of bounds to the sidelines only to have a defender intercept the ball and take it to the house ... then he's already better.

More relevant imo.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    He’s gonna be good for us. I don’t know about the savior talk but this kid can definitely sling it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He’s gonna be good for us. I don’t know about the savior talk but this kid can definitely sling it.

Even if you doubt him as Savior constder your opinion (he’ll be good/can sling it) and conjoined that with the caliber of receivers he’ll have at his disposal (Jalen, Rome, at least one year of Puka, likely at least one of Franklin or Egbuka, a HS teammate or two) and it’s not hard to imagine him running a special offense.

As much as our QB issues post RN have destroyed us our receiver woes have been fairly underreported. We’ve had one season with great receivers (senior Ross/junior Pettis), a couple decent years (Kearse, Kasen) and a bunch of dreck.

The one great receiving year we had made Jake Fucking Browning a Heismaj candidate.

Sam is going to go off.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Even if you doubt him as Savior constder your opinion (he’ll be good/can sling it) and conjoined that with the caliber of receivers he’ll have at his disposal (Jalen, Rome, at least one year of Puka, likely at least one of Franklin or Egbuka, a HS teammate or two) and it’s not hard to imagine him running a special offense.

As much as our QB issues post RN have destroyed us our receiver woes have been fairly underreported. We’ve had one season with great receivers (senior Ross/junior Pettis), a couple decent years (Kearse, Kasen) and a bunch of dreck.

The one great receiving year we had made Jake Fucking Browning a Heismaj candidate.

Sam is going to go off.
    I hope you're right but we still have John Donovan as our OC.

• Options

dnc said:

Sam is going to go off.
    I hope you're right but we still have John Donovan as our OC.

He’ll be Sam’s OC one year at the most
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I think a lot of you don't understand how amazing this kids deep ball is, I haven't seen him play enough to judge his ability to read defenses, create space in the pocket, or fit passes in tight windows across the middle, because highlights don't really allow it, but he definitely has the most difficult part down

When he eventually starts he's going to be a beast given the types of receivers we're bringing/could potentially bring in, so long as his OC allows it
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    bigcc said:

I think a lot of you don't understand how amazing this kids deep ball is, I haven't seen him play enough to judge his ability to read defenses, create space in the pocket, or fit passes in tight windows across the middle, because highlights don't really allow it, but he definitely has the most difficult part down

When he eventually starts he's going to be a beast given the types of receivers we're bringing/could potentially bring in, so long as his OC allows it

The arc he puts on the ball is just unbelievable, such a catchable ball. His deep accuracy is so good he doesn't need a 1% arm like Eason. If he has a dependable 1,000 yard RB he will be very, very good.
  • Options
    His touch is different different
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

bigcc said:

The arc he puts on the ball is just unbelievable, such a catchable ball. His deep accuracy is so good he doesn't need a 1% arm like Eason. If he has a dependable 1,000 yard RB he will be very, very good.
    Pretty sure we will have that RB. I see no reason why Newton can’t be a 1,000 yard back. Cam Davis too. We could always be better, but we have good RB’s that could even potentially be great.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Just got bumped to a 5* (14th overall) in the new Rivals rankings.

QB Sam Huard — Huard is Tua Tagovailoa if that comparison can be made, a smooth lefty with great touch and accuracy. I’m not 100% sold on him being a five-star because I’m not a huge fan of lefty quarterbacks, but as a group we love him
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

QB Sam Huard — Huard is Tua Tagovailoa if that comparison can be made, a smooth lefty with great touch and accuracy. I’m not 100% sold on him being a five-star because I’m not a huge fan of lefty quarterbacks, but as a group we love him

Rivals fucking stupid
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

I remember hearing people on dawgman were saying that he doesn't look that good. Good tims.

He looks like the best QB ever out of the state. One of the best I've seen on film, period.

Let me paint the picture for y’all. In two years you’re gonna see him at Elite 11 with Dilfer slobbering (rightfully) saying that he is one of the best high school QBs he’s ever seen. Tua, coming off his first year in the NFL will be there as one of the vets at the camp for a day, and you’ll get gratuitous shots of both of them dropping back with their left-handed cannons on the practice fields at The Opening. All we can do between now and then is hope he’s wearing a visor with purple W on his head.
    Fuck Covid.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam

Huard's arm has gotten better in the last year. He is certainly a step above Browning at this point. His ball placement and anticipation is almost Tua level.

As far as the Messiah stuff goes, he will still need generational talent at WR and RB in order to win a CFP game. Unless he grows to 6'5" he still wont have the physicality to truly challenge a high elite defense.

I see him as a much better version of Jake Browning, like a supercharged Browning.

Need a couple generational players for sure. We also haven’t had the OL.

What would Huard being 6’5” do? Tua wasn’t big but was a championship caliber QB. Fromm was very close to winning a title too. Burrow wasn’t a physical freak.

Physicality are QB has nothing to do with title chances. It’s easy to see how we hypothetically could be very good if we landed the in state studs this year, but we still would have to beat Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, etc to win a title.

In any case, get the pieces and give yourself a chance. I’m not a natty or bust guy. It’s very likely I will never see a UW natty in my lifetime.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,491
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I agree on the lefty qb thing. They throw weird and generally suck. Maybe Sam breaks the curse.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

He’s Russell Wilson with better top end speed. The question is does he have Russ’ durability which I’d bet against (hard), but if he does he’s a franchise QB rather easily.

Wilson is 5'11", 210 lbs, and has 10" hands. WGAF if Murray is faster if he's 5'9" 190 lbs and probably has 9" hands if not smaller.
    5'10", 207 lbs, 9 1/2 hands.

That's a pretty similar profile.