Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sam Huard, 5* 2021 QB, Burien (Kennedy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    Gladstone said:

Sweet Mercy. If we do this right (we won't), we'll field a great team with an elite QB. That's been our formula. We don't deserve him. As always, #ISHIT

Bingo. It will never work at UW without a truly elite QB. We will always cap out at pretty good without one.

That’s not really saying anything because there are maybe 3-4 schools that have such elite talent that they can get by without a great QB. A team like this year’s LSU would be impossible to beat without a world beater at QB.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    RDR said:
    Does this video include the 93-yard pick 6 against Woodinville?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    The ball pops out of five-star quarterback Sam Huard’s hand as the Washington bound signal-caller threw 11 touchdowns to seven different receivers through three games. He was the 247Sports Alpha Dog and Pylon MVP of last year’s tournament, making Mesquite a home away from home. The nation’s No. 1 pro-style passer and No. 12 prospect overall anticipates, is accurate with velocity and several times threaded the needle with picture perfect throws. The Burien (Wash.) Kennedy Catholic signal-caller led FSP Blue Chip to a 3-0 mark in pool play.
  • Options

Eason was the tits with no pass rush too

Yeah, I'm a bitter old man. Sue me

Understand what you mean, and I wouldn’t say you’re wrong in most cases.

But even in 2 hand touch with no one rushing the QB, none of the other underwear QBs can place the ball perfectly with touch again and again the way our lil Sam can. It’s just different.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched Luke Huard and Todd Elstrom. Puyallupvwas a QB factory with Papa Huard.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    animate said:

I'll say it again.

We are so fucking lucky to have Huard. So lucky.

These boreds would be so much more irritable and agitated if we didn't feel so comfortable about the QB future and huards place as a recruiting anchor for the '21class.

It's hard (not impossible) to think that Troy Franklin is going to another school when he's catching beautiful balls from Huard in 7vs7 play.

If only Emeka played FSP and not heir. ...

In

Sam

Huard

I

Trust
  • Options
    Washington five-star quarterback commit Sam Huard continued to show why he's one of the top-ranked passers in the country over the weekend with another strong showing at the Pylon 7-on-7 National Tournament played about an hour outside of Las Vegas.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound lefty out of Burien (Wash.) Kennedy Catholic was named to the 247Sports All-Tournament Dream Team in lead his FSP squad.

"Huard was last year's MVP after helping lead FSP Blue Chip to the tourney title," 247Sports Brandon Huffman wrote. "This year, they came up short in the quarterfinals, but Huard was the best quarterback there through two days- he was just plagued by drops all weekend. The No. 1 pro-style passer nationally, he's committed to Washington."

For those of you brave enough:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/video/cd6b5825-6e08-401f-8d74-ac396130b0d7
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Washington five-star quarterback commit Sam Huard continued to show why he's one of the top-ranked passers in the country over the weekend with another strong showing at the Pylon 7-on-7 National Tournament played about an hour outside of Las Vegas.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound lefty out of Burien (Wash.) Kennedy Catholic was named to the 247Sports All-Tournament Dream Team in lead his FSP squad.

"Huard was last year's MVP after helping lead FSP Blue Chip to the tourney title," 247Sports Brandon Huffman wrote. "This year, they came up short in the quarterfinals, but Huard was the best quarterback there through two days- he was just plagued by drops all weekend. The No. 1 pro-style passer nationally, he's committed to Washington."

Makes it look easy, as always.

Concern is who is making all these drops?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,916
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Jr and Alexander.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Jr and Alexander.
    So...Junior Alexa Derek made all the drops?

Or did you mean Tinae and Alexander. That would be too bad since they're the ones UW is going to get.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Jr and Alexander.

Or did you mean Tinae and Alexander. That would be too bad since they're the ones UW is going to get.
    Junior Alexander*

Those are some fucked up typos right there. Sorry.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

Jr and Alexander.

Those guys scare me because while they might be good, Huard would make a lot of high school WR’s look good.

The chemistry aspect might be important or it might not be. I would prefer we got maybe one to go with Egbuka and Franklin. Those guys as our top WR’s would be disappointing.
    I think the familiarity/chemistry is worth something. I'm not sure how much.

Egbuka is the best HS receiver I can recall UW having a legit shot at. I'm going to puke if he doesnt go to UW. I'd be good with him and the two Kennedy guys. I'd be fine with taking all four. Franklin plus the two kennedy guys would be a great class, but there's no mitigating for missing a guy like Egbuka when he's in state.