Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nathan Kalepo, 2019 4* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This will surely bring a torrent of hate but I am predicting if this kid has a few more games like he has had the last few weeks he is going to get his offer pulled. That's some trash film, I don't care how big and mobile he is. You cannot really coach effort/ motor and I see none. His film last year was better but to be honest not much better.

lol

no
  • Options
    dumpsterchairdumpsterchair Member Posts: 62
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

This will surely bring a torrent of hate but I am predicting if this kid has a few more games like he has had the last few weeks he is going to get his offer pulled. That's some trash film, I don't care how big and mobile he is. You cannot really coach effort/ motor and I see none. His film last year was better but to be honest not much better.

lol

no
    lol

Yes. Watch the kids film. It is absolute trash.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Who gives a fuck about high school films

High school film is for losers
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Is this a serious post? Only way your offer gets pulled is if you pull a Nick Bolton and flirt with other schools after being committed. This staff doesn’t just pull offers because of what a kids YouTube video looks like against some shit Washington high school football program.

I’m sure the coaches are drooling over the high motor high energy unathletic 5’11 200 lb left tackle out of Arlington high school because he looks super good on “film”.

LOL
    Also, remember that Kalepo is playing for perhaps one of the worst and most undisciplined coaching staffs in Washington State HS football. Beach has had terrible coaching for decades and it's not just going to change all of a sudden because they are getting better athletes in their program now. That staff is trash and they have no clue how to coach.
  • Options
    HS film is how kids are evaluated. Period. Kids get offered all the time on film alone, no in-person visit. To believe otherwise reveals ignorance of the process. This kid is marginal at best. Compare his film with other 4 stars around the country. Hell, three stars for that matter. He may project well but the kid plays like an eighth grader right now.

Please, enlighten me on what you have gleaned from your evaluation of the kid.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HS film is how kids are evaluated. Period. Kids get offered all the time on film alone, no in-person visit. To believe otherwise reveals ignorance of the process. This kid is marginal at best. Compare his film with other 4 stars around the country. Hell, three stars for that matter. He may project well but the kid plays like an eighth grader right now.

Please, enlighten me on what you have gleaned from your evaluation of the kid.

You clearly don’t get it.

Name one time Petersen has EVER pulled a scholarship offer other than the kid was talking/visited another school after being committed? You do realize that a part of Petersen’s rules of commits not visiting or talking to anyone else is that his offer has to be 100% guaranteed right?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Is this a serious post? Only way your offer gets pulled is if you pull a Nick Bolton and flirt with other schools after being committed. This staff doesn’t just pull offers because of what a kids YouTube video looks like against some shit Washington high school football program.

I’m sure the coaches are drooling over the high motor high energy unathletic 5’11 200 lb left tackle out of Arlington high school because he looks super good on “film”.

LOL
    Also, remember that Kalepo is playing for perhaps one of the worst and most undisciplined coaching staffs in Washington State HS football. Beach has had terrible coaching for decades and it's not just going to change all of a sudden because they are getting better athletes in their program now. That staff is trash and they have no clue how to coach.
    This
  • Options
    Projection and ceiling are nice but with a plethora of kids who have both high ceilings and are wiping floors every Friday night why bother with a kid who is so meh?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Projection and ceiling are nice but with a plethora of kids who have both high ceilings and are wiping floors every Friday night why bother with a kid who is so meh?

You're on crack if you think there's any other OL in the state with as remotely a high a ceiling as Kalepo
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

You're on crack if you think there's any other OL in the state with as remotely a high a ceiling as Kalepo
    Dude, why would UW stay completely in state anymore? They can recruit nationwide and at the very least west of the Mississippi. That is such a lame reason to recruit a mediocre athlete.

Again, waiting on someones evaluation of this kid. I don't care how many stars he has.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Actually the more I think about it, Kalepo is a lot like Camilo Eifler. Athletically rare, raw and needs coaching, but you know they'll be big time with some patience. Also, both are the self anointed doog alpha's on twitter for their respective recruiting classes
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

Dude, why would UW stay completely in state anymore? They can recruit nationwide and at the very least west of the Mississippi. That is such a lame reason to recruit a mediocre athlete.

Again, waiting on someones evaluation of this kid. I don't care how many stars he has.
    No one here cares about stars, agreed.

What part of his hudl should I watch? The 29 second clip against ECHS? The 43 Seconds vs Madison? another game?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

NEsnake12 said:

What part of his hudl should I watch? The 29 second clip against ECHS? The 43 Seconds vs Madison? another game?
    You have proven my point. The only reason why people are salivating over this kid is because of hype, no substance. Look around on Hudl, there are kids as big/athletic/mobile or more so out there, even in the NW, who would smash this kid. "Well, he's in-state." Who cares?
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

You have proven my point. The only reason why people are salivating over this kid is because of hype, no substance. Look around on Hudl, there are kids as big/athletic/mobile or more so out there, even in the NW, who would smash this kid. "Well, he's in-state." Who cares?
    Wut?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    No one is really trying to sell you Kalepo. Most are simply attacking the statement you said you think his offer will get pulled when there is 0 history of Petersen’s recruiting that support the claim he pulls offers because he does not think the kid is good anymore. If you meant to say you think he SHOULD get his offer pulled then that’s completely different because that is just your opinion.
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wasn't that the dig on his uncle, Danny Shelton - his HS tape was trash, he took plays/games off, etc.?

Danny turned out ju-u-u-ust fine.