Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nathan Kalepo, 2019 4* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    dumpsterchairdumpsterchair Member Posts: 62
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited October 2017

No one is really trying to sell you Kalepo. Most are simply attacking the statement you said you think his offer will get pulled when there is 0 history of Petersen’s recruiting that support the claim he pulls offers because he does not think the kid is good anymore. If you meant to say you think he SHOULD get his offer pulled then that’s completely different because that is just your opinion.

First time for everything and I'd venture to say Pete has never been this close to smelling a Natty and that will trump any sense of loyalty to a kid or concern over optics. I've had the pleasure of briefly speaking with the man twice, once at BSU and once at UW. He's a nice guy, but all business.

I am not saying it will 100% get pulled, I am saying that if his season continues to roll the way it has, I am not sure how they don't pull the offer and I am betting they would. Kid needs to kick it into high gear. All the stars and FSP training in the world cannot save you on Friday nights when the pads come on.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This will surely bring a torrent of hate but I am predicting if this kid has a few more games like he has had the last few weeks he is going to get his offer pulled. That's some trash film, I don't care how big and mobile he is. You cannot really coach effort/ motor and I see none. His film last year was better but to be honest not much better.

Wasn't that the dig on his uncle, Danny Shelton - his HS tape was trash, he took plays/games off, etc.?

Danny turned out ju-u-u-ust fine.
    Hi

LEAVE

fuck off

Danny played Hawaii in high school
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Didn’t the staff have him at their camp where they could evaluate him against rising seniors and other talented juniors? If so, they would have had at least an opportunity to evaluate him under their own conditions. He still has more than a year to grow before he’s close to enrolling at UW (assuming winter quarter’19 at the earliest).

I do think Pete’s trying to win that Natty and is all bidness. No doubt. I don’t think he’ll comprise his values or process to get there though.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Projection and ceiling are nice but with a plethora of kids who have both high ceilings and are wiping floors every Friday night why bother with a kid who is so meh?

WTF are you talking about?

I recommend you leave the recruiting to Pete here
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

Projection and ceiling are nice but with a plethora of kids who have both high ceilings and are wiping floors every Friday night why bother with a kid who is so meh?

Oh well why didn't you say that earlier? I'll just sit down now because you recommended it. I guess at your recommendation this whole board should sit down. Because I've never heard anyone here talk trash about other Peterson recruits like Sirmon. Got it.

Hey guys, let's go ahead and shut the whole board down. Tequila said so.

Still waiting for anyone to tell me why this kid is so great other than "Peterson said so." If that is the mentality of most on this board, what a boring place.
    I agree with most of what you said, we shouldn’t ever say “Pete likes him good enough for me!” I’ve seen that on this bored before and it is annoying as fuck.

What I like about Kalepo, which I am sure has been said in the previous pages on here, is that he has natural power, bends very well for his size, and moves well for his size too.

He plays way too high, that kills him a lot, and he reaches a lot.

I can’t evaluate his mental side of the game, if he doesn’t play hard enough for you I don’t know what is going on to cause him not to play hard enough, I don’t have he ability to judge that from watching film. And since I have no desire to ever talk to a HS kid I can’t pretend to evaluate beyond what I see.
  • Options
    dumpsterchairdumpsterchair Member Posts: 62
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

Oh well why didn't you say that earlier? I'll just sit down now because you recommended it. I guess at your recommendation this whole board should sit down. Because I've never heard anyone here talk trash about other Peterson recruits like Sirmon. Got it.

Still waiting for anyone to tell me why this kid is so great other than "Peterson said so." If that is the mentality of most on this board, what a boring place.
    Also, his name is Petersen you fucktard.
    That was my homo test. You failed miserably.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I agree with most of what you said, we shouldn’t ever say “Pete likes him good enough for me!” I’ve seen that on this bored before and it is annoying as fuck.

What I like about Kalepo, which I am sure has been said in the previous pages on here, is that he has natural power, bends very well for his size, and moves well for his size too.

He plays way too high, that kills him a lot, and he reaches a lot.

I can’t evaluate his mental side of the game, if he doesn’t play hard enough for you I don’t know what is going on to cause him not to play hard enough, I don’t have he ability to judge that from watching film. And since I have no desire to ever talk to a HS kid I can’t pretend to evaluate beyond what I see.
    You don't talk when you masturbate?
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

That's @Tequilla with two L's to you mister!
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Same guys trying to have the end all, be all word. Just ignore them and it's fun
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This will surely bring a torrent of hate but I am predicting if this kid has a few more games like he has had the last few weeks he is going to get his offer pulled. That's some trash film, I don't care how big and mobile he is. You cannot really coach effort/ motor and I see none. His film last year was better but to be honest not much better.

Holy fucking shit. You should consider suicide, but as evidenced by this poast you are probably too stupid to realize it's your best option.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Visiting Eugene this weekend according to Prehm. That's a quick way to get your offer pulled. Maybe dumpster was right.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes