Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #32: Texas, Tequila, and Regional Recruiting Data...

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Lots of assumptions there DNC

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    Sounds like you guys really need to have Andrew Percival on the pod

To replace Pepsi?
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    edited July 2017
    Tequilla said:

To replace Pepsi?
    I would say more as a reliever to come in during the second half of the pood to explain stats when you and Dennis get too tipsy.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

Took me three days to get to the last half hour... lol absolutely spectacular drunk poding from Teq trying to sound smart arguing about Texas.

1. from week 13 on no Texas teams were ranked in the top 25 after A&M spectacularly flamed out. Combine that with Bob Stoops leaving and Texas/North Texas is as open as it's been in 20 years.
    2. Who gives a fuck how big highschools are in Texas? classic Texas fucktard logic equating size to quality (or volume of voice to quality of argument)
    3. After getting cut down a bit by DDY, I agree on going after Tier 2 recruits in Texas to fill in the gaps as Texans are prideful vengeful fucks and they come with large chips on their shoulders.
    4. Bolton and Curne are perfect examples of how we should approach Texas, assuming we can keep them.
    5. Enjoy Peterman holding the Texas commitment announcements off until after you've recorded this pood to make it instantly outdated.

So we are going into a state where if you ask kids what they know about the state here's what they say: Starbucks started there, Russell Wilson plays for the Seahawks, Ted Bundy went to UW (just kidding) and Amazon/Jeff Bezos are here.

Then if you gave them a blank map of Alaska, British Columbia and Washington State, and said which state is ours, 50% of them would pick one of other two.

How can this recruiting philosophy not work out?

Smart ass commentary aside, is it too early in the process to be bagging DDY Tier 2 kids? Does this mean we've already moved on from the top 10 type kids for this years class that we missed on last year?

You guys said it best on the POD. These are the kids you can compete for a NC with, and not need every play/break to go your way in order to get the win.

Tequilla said:

To replace Pepsi?
    I would say more as a reliever to come in during the second half of the pood to explain stats when you and Dennis get too tipsy.
    Dennis and I talking stats when tipsy is gold

Took me three days to get to the last half hour... lol absolutely spectacular drunk poding from Teq trying to sound smart arguing about Texas.

1. from week 13 on no Texas teams were ranked in the top 25 after A&M spectacularly flamed out. Combine that with Bob Stoops leaving and Texas/North Texas is as open as it's been in 20 years.
    2. Who gives a fuck how big highschools are in Texas? classic Texas fucktard logic equating size to quality (or volume of voice to quality of argument)
    3. After getting cut down a bit by DDY, I agree on going after Tier 2 recruits in Texas to fill in the gaps as Texans are prideful vengeful fucks and they come with large chips on their shoulders.
    4. Bolton and Curne are perfect examples of how we should approach Texas, assuming we can keep them.
    5. Enjoy Peterman holding the Texas commitment announcements off until after you've recorded this pood to make it instantly outdated.

1) Bingo - the entire State is largely open right now

2) the point with size is just pointing out how large the talent pool is - particularly compared to Washington

3) tier 2 Texas recruits are our initial in in Texas leading to getting an elite guy down the line

4) I expect that we will keep both Bolton and Curne

5) you are just lucky we pod at all
    In an ideal world your entire 85 man roster is elite ... that's also not reality

But reality is half the roster is that ... rest filled by a combo of rare/special athletes that are raw+ guys that are high DDY 2's ... but leaning towards the rare athletes
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    BaldwinIV said:

There is nothing comparable to this pod for UW out there right now. Every episode speaks to the heart, but they aren't perfect. TCU hick needs to talk way fucking less. Down's syndrome fan often repeats the same points 4+ eps in a row but is always insightful. The gay african is all over the place in a brilliant, homosexual, John Forbes Nash Jr kind of way. Can't wait for conference preview.

HIV kid gets it
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    BaldwinIV said:

There is nothing comparable to this pod for UW out there right now. Every episode speaks to the heart, but they aren't perfect. TCU hick needs to talk way fucking less. Down's syndrome fan often repeats the same points 4+ eps in a row but is always insightful. The gay african is all over the place in a brilliant, homosexual, John Forbes Nash Jr kind of way. Can't wait for conference preview.

The Down's comes and goes, mostly comes. Tee Hee.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    Totally forgot to mention that the whole Amish name bit was some of the funniest shit you guys have done.