Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #32: Texas, Tequila, and Regional Recruiting Data...

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Since last week I have probably updated my podcast feed 381 times waiting for this. I have no life. Thanks guys.

Yup ... these are our listeners
    Stop plagiarism Simmons' shit, fucko!
    That's the joke

Whooooosh
    That data is last 5 classes ... 2013 - 2017
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Since last week I have probably updated my podcast feed 381 times waiting for this. I have no life. Thanks guys.

Yup ... these are our listeners
    Stop plagiarism Simmons' shit, fucko!
    That's the joke

Whooooosh
    You realize "stop plagiarism" is only used when someone's intentionally homaging something, right?

You got the whooooooosh backwards.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    "Please don't, but make it brief." @Dennis_DeYoung knew the futility as the words left his mouth.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

I had to stop listening to these at work because I couldn't get anything done while tuning in. So now I just smoke a lot of weed, turn my lights off, and lie on my bed in the dark while I listen. It's pretty weird. I'll probably come back with some interesting thoughts later, or I'll just fall asleep. LIPO!

Sounds like you like teen boys like I do! #TBS4Lyfe
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,085

I want to give a shoutout to @biak1 for having the most retarded name possible, but also being a solid poaster.

Fucking FREE PUB! Thanks Dennis.

Been looking forward to this pod for a while.
    godawgst said:

Glad to see a new Podcast.

Here's a question for you boys: As of today from strictly a recruiting standpoint, would we have been better to have just ripped the band aid off w/ Jimmy Lake leaving to be the DC at Cal, as there can't be any top level DB who thinks Lake will be here after this season?

So this is a great question and one that we started diving into during this pod ... and honestly, I fully expect that we'll be revisiting this question a few times between now and the end of the year.

It's the definition of a LIPO to me because regardless of which side of the argument you fall on, there are great opinions that are completely logical.

On one hand, Jimmy Lake is a fantastic DB coach and a tremendous recruiter. While it seems inevitable that he'll move on at some point given that he has some long term career ambitions, why you'd ever want to move on from him seems really stupid. Assuming he lands a really strong class this year leading into the early Signing Day this argument seems fucktarded.

On the other hand, the evidence is pretty clear so far that we have exactly ZERO DB recruits whereas last year we had 2 in place at this time. Moreover, for many of the top kids on the West Coast, we're not really in the discussion for them ... which is fairly strange when your program just put 3 kids out in the top 45 of the draft and to varying degrees each of the 3 could have very easily been a 1st round pick (Sidney if he didn't tear his Achilles was likely a sure thing, Kevin fell due to DBs being an abundance position in the draft so teams were able to trade back, and Budda was right there in the mid 30's). The longer we look to be in trouble at DB, the more this becomes an issue. As we hypothesized in setting the stage for the 2018 class, one area we expected to struggle was at DB and it is playing out.

Me personally, I probably lean a bit to the argument that we may have been better off for Jimmy to be elsewhere assuming that we miss on most of our 2018 targets. If the class turns out really good, we get them locked by the early Signing Day, and Lake leaves after the fact, it's really hard to complain then.

But unquestionably at this point, we're walking a really tight line on DB recruiting this year. The great news is that while we are breaking in some new players this year the position group on the whole is young and very talented. But if we miss this year, and assuming Lake leaves, it will put pressure on whoever Lake's replacement is (likely Gerald Alexander) to come in and hit the ground running.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

I had to stop listening to these at work because I couldn't get anything done while tuning in. So now I just smoke a lot of weed, turn my lights off, and lie on my bed in the dark while I listen. It's pretty weird. I'll probably come back with some interesting thoughts later, or I'll just fall asleep. LIPO!

Sounds like you like teen boys like I do! #TBS4Lyfe
    Yea listening to Dennis while high before bed has made for some weird dreams. Still keep doing it for some reason though.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,010
    FUCK YOU.

could have told me this shit was three hours before i clicked on it
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,010
    I aint got enough liquor for 3 hours of this shit and the stores closed.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Did I get a shout out?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    Have I ever gotten one?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

godawgst said:

Glad to see a new Podcast.

Here's a question for you boys: As of today from strictly a recruiting standpoint, would we have been better to have just ripped the band aid off w/ Jimmy Lake leaving to be the DC at Cal, as there can't be any top level DB who thinks Lake will be here after this season?

So this is a great question and one that we started diving into during this pod ... and honestly, I fully expect that we'll be revisiting this question a few times between now and the end of the year.

It's the definition of a LIPO to me because regardless of which side of the argument you fall on, there are great opinions that are completely logical.

On one hand, Jimmy Lake is a fantastic DB coach and a tremendous recruiter. While it seems inevitable that he'll move on at some point given that he has some long term career ambitions, why you'd ever want to move on from him seems really stupid. Assuming he lands a really strong class this year leading into the early Signing Day this argument seems fucktarded.

On the other hand, the evidence is pretty clear so far that we have exactly ZERO DB recruits whereas last year we had 2 in place at this time. Moreover, for many of the top kids on the West Coast, we're not really in the discussion for them ... which is fairly strange when your program just put 3 kids out in the top 45 of the draft and to varying degrees each of the 3 could have very easily been a 1st round pick (Sidney if he didn't tear his Achilles was likely a sure thing, Kevin fell due to DBs being an abundance position in the draft so teams were able to trade back, and Budda was right there in the mid 30's). The longer we look to be in trouble at DB, the more this becomes an issue. As we hypothesized in setting the stage for the 2018 class, one area we expected to struggle was at DB and it is playing out.

Me personally, I probably lean a bit to the argument that we may have been better off for Jimmy to be elsewhere assuming that we miss on most of our 2018 targets. If the class turns out really good, we get them locked by the early Signing Day, and Lake leaves after the fact, it's really hard to complain then.

But unquestionably at this point, we're walking a really tight line on DB recruiting this year. The great news is that while we are breaking in some new players this year the position group on the whole is young and very talented. But if we miss this year, and assuming Lake leaves, it will put pressure on whoever Lake's replacement is (likely Gerald Alexander) to come in and hit the ground running.
    Disagree
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Have I ever gotten one?

I believe you've gotten a few actually!
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,299
    If malloe is as described, Peterman is racist against Polys for thinking he could actually connect to them.