Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #32: Texas, Tequila, and Regional Recruiting Data...

Comments

• rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    For the love of god DDY if I ever heard a voice suited for writing, it was yours. Teq u are marginally more listenable. Pepsi u da man.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I'd love your opinion @89ute as to why USC is being successful getting that inroad into the Poly world ...

But your overall point, this idea that UW is going to go into Utah and be successful? Not going to happen. The only chance we have is with the random kid like Ty Jones that for whatever reason is stuck living in the greater SLC area (and in Jones' case Provo) and can't wait to find a way to get the hell out of there.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I'd love your opinion @89ute as to why USC is being successful getting that inroad into the Poly world ...

But your overall point, this idea that UW is going to go into Utah and be successful? Not going to happen. The only chance we have is with the random kid like Ty Jones that for whatever reason is stuck living in the greater SLC area (and in Jones' case Provo) and can't wait to find a way to get the hell out of there.

Also with Ty Jones, hard to pick Utah with shit QBs and shit offense. There was a TE who left Salt Lake a couple of years ago to go to Stanford. He's there now and getting PT. Another case of a top notch offensive player staying the hell away from Utah. But interestingly, I think kids are liking what Troy Taylor is selling. We've pulled in a couple of nice offensive recruits since he's come aboard. I thought It was Jack Tuttle, who has been actively recruiting for us, and i'm sure that's part of it but that doesn't explain Carrington.

As far as Polys to SC, I think its just SC being SC and nothing more. As far a Tufele, I was shocked we lost him and it was a hard kick in the nuts as far as recruiting profile, but we later learned Jay's dad got himself a nice little job with SC. I don't think they're building any kind of pipeline, but it's still concerning.
    Shocking ... shady recruiting by SC???
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Marlons brother... Tufele's dad? So USC is going to "out recruit" schools by loading up payroll with relatives? Yea that seems like a really sustainable approach. Nansen the Ponzi scheme buttfuck.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Tequilla said:

Ahem
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    89ute said:

Tequilla said:

Also with Ty Jones, hard to pick Utah with shit QBs and shit offense. There was a TE who left Salt Lake a couple of years ago to go to Stanford. He's there now and getting PT. Another case of a top notch offensive player staying the hell away from Utah. But interestingly, I think kids are liking what Troy Taylor is selling. We've pulled in a couple of nice offensive recruits since he's come aboard. I thought It was Jack Tuttle, who has been actively recruiting for us, and i'm sure that's part of it but that doesn't explain Carrington.

As far as Polys to SC, I think its just SC being SC and nothing more. As far a Tufele, I was shocked we lost him and it was a hard kick in the nuts as far as recruiting profile, but we later learned Jay's dad got himself a nice little job with SC. I don't think they're building any kind of pipeline, but it's still concerning.
    Keep an OC for more than a single year (+ dont suck) and you'll start seeing an uptick. The amount of OCs Whittingham has burned through is insanity.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited August 2017
    FREE PUB from doogpound

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2017/8/1/16076416/dots-washington-huskies-football-markelle-fultz-fall-camp-recruiting-secondary-azeem-victor

S/O @jhfstyle24 - hopefully ur grades are good enough to be a doog one day unlike @backthepack

Baabz flag me caz you a fag
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Here's what I got from the podcast. Teq has an automated ice maker. Stop fucking around with your alcoholism and do it right. Get some of these. image
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

FREE PUB from doogpound

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2017/8/1/16076416/dots-washington-huskies-football-markelle-fultz-fall-camp-recruiting-secondary-azeem-victor

S/O @jhfstyle24 - hopefully ur grades are good enough to be a doog one day unlike @backthepack

Baabz flag me caz you a fag

Grades shit + SAT score elite
    Don't listen if easily offended ...

LOL
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    That podcast is one of the most horrifying, disturbing, profane, brilliant, insightful, and hilarious UW-related things I’ve ever heard. How have I not heard of these guys before?
    It's a really fun listen.

Sounds like my usual drunken conversations with friends after games.
    I don't if I'd say "horrifying", but the other descriptions are appropriate

Their podcast is available on iTunes. Go back and listen to some of their podcasts from earlier this year. (Those descriptions apply to the earlier podcasts that I’ve listened to as well, so expect more of the same.)