Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dominique Hampton, 4* 2018 DB, Peoria-Centennial, AZ (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

I think Sirmon is a good coach and good recruiter. I think it because I can't prove it yet.

People forget the Sark factor. His assistants were extensions of him. He gets the blame for their failures and the credit for successes...if only there were a few of the latter to speak of.

Peteresen gets the blame for Strausser, Malloe, and Bushka and the credit for the rest. Simple stuff.

When assistants are limited, such as Smith, a good HC can cover for them. Guys with talent thrive as Lake and Kawasaki have. I think Sirmon is talented as hell (remember Vols fans being more bummed about him leaving than Wilcox) and would thrive as a Petersen assistant.

I didn't say he was a shitty coach. I just pointed out that there is no evidence from his time at UW to suggest he deserves the title of "ace recruiter". There is this doog mythology that equates every member of Sark Staff 2.0 as recruiting dynamos.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2017

chuck said:

I think Sirmon is a good coach and good recruiter. I think it because I can't prove it yet.

People forget the Sark factor. His assistants were extensions of him. He gets the blame for their failures and the credit for successes...if only there were a few of the latter to speak of.

Peteresen gets the blame for Strausser, Malloe, and Bushka and the credit for the rest. Simple stuff.

When assistants are limited, such as Smith, a good HC can cover for them. Guys with talent thrive as Lake and Kawasaki have. I think Sirmon is talented as hell (remember Vols fans being more bummed about him leaving than Wilcox) and would thrive as a Petersen assistant.

I didn't say he was a shitty coach. I just pointed out that there is no evidence from his time at UW to suggest he deserves the title of "ace recruiter". There is this doog mythology that equates every member of Sark Staff 2.0 as recruiting dynamos.
    Yeah that's not it. I never thought most of Sarks staff could recruit. Obviously Tosh could and Sirmon came in with a lot of recruiting hype, the Vol fans were really tore up that he left. I never thought Wilcox or Cozetto or any of Sarks RB or WR coaches could recruit, and I never really thought Nansen was anything special. I thought both DB coaches could recruit (one could coach) and Tosh and Wilcox.

I don't remember any doogasm over most of those other Sark assistants recruiting prowesses either. It was Sark they beat off for and later Tosh.

I may be wrong about Sirmon and Heyward but it's not because there was any thought that all Sarks assistants could recruit.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Had 2 pick-6's in the first half of his team's game last night.

I get the feeling that he's going to have a Joe Tryon type massive improvement between his Jr and Sr year hudl, and we'll be once again left singing praises of Jimmy Lake
    We'd be better off if Lake left last year
    IDK, I think there is still benefit to having him around this year for Millers and Murphy's development
    no need, I am embarrassed for myself
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Prehm says that Oregon didn't want him because of grades so he ended up committing to UW.

Probably a nice way of saying there aren't any DB couches left for anyone whose name doesn't rhyme with Jewstanga.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,485
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy's a daWg, he ain't goin nowhere
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

Twitchy is just another way of saying a player is black and not a slow white guy.

So Hamptons a natural athlete with exquisite hips but not a coach on the field gym rat and I should not set him up with my daughter?
    Well he IS surpsingly well-spoken
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

Twitchy is just another way of saying a player is black and not a slow white guy.

So Hamptons a natural athlete with exquisite hips but not a coach on the field gym rat and I should not set him up with my daughter?
    Well he IS surpsingly well-spoken
    He speaks so well!
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    BallzDeep said:

Quinton Richardson begs to disagree.