Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dominique Hampton, 4* 2018 DB, Peoria-Centennial, AZ (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Eklund says Hampton was planning on sneaking off to Oregon for a pre-signing day visit before WT left.

Now he's 100% UW...but will not sign in December.

Lake could need to put in some babysitting hours.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    Standard Supporter

Eklund says Hampton was planning on sneaking off to Oregon for a pre-signing day visit before WT left.

Just read it. Yeah - it's a weird one. It seems like it's all about Lake rumors.

However - I will say this, shit can change a lot after an official visit. So, I'll wait to go into panic mode about this until after his official.

Still, I'm preparing to go into panic mode.
    I love this kid's potential but he has also seemed to be a gut who is waiting on a "bigger" offer. I know that Pete's general policy will be "if you're committed, you sign in December." If Hampton remains firm that he will sign in February, I'd be ok with Pete saying "we'll take that as you still looking around and your spot won't necessarily be guaranteed"
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Just read it. Yeah - it's a weird one. It seems like it's all about Lake rumors.

However - I will say this, shit can change a lot after an official visit. So, I'll wait to go into panic mode about this until after his official.

Still, I'm preparing to go into panic mode.
    I love this kid's potential but he has also seemed to be a gut who is waiting on a "bigger" offer. I know that Pete's general policy will be "if you're committed, you sign in December." If Hampton remains firm that he will sign in February, I'd be ok with Pete saying "we'll take that as you still looking around and your spot won't necessarily be guaranteed"
    Just get them to sign on the line that is dotted. I don't get into the 'oh gee he's looking around'. IDGAF.

At the end of the night if you're banging a 9 who was hoping for the rich dude to take her home, you're still banging the 9.

Recruiting is about outcomes on NLOI day, not process.
    What if she is a 6? Askin for a fren.
    Only if it's not for her personality.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can't lose this recruit. Fucking love this kid.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    BallzDeep said:

These Jimmy Lake rumors are so fucking annoying. It's like even if Jimmy were to take another job why would that cause you to decommit and then commit to another school where your position coach and/or head coach could still be gone in a year or two. Your best bet is to tie your hitch to a head coach who's elite who you know isn't leaving.

That’s rational thinking ... how often does that happen with recruits?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'm moving this guy off the commit list because he's said he doesn't plan to sign on D20 and is still 'seeing what else is out there'.

If he reaffirms on D15, then he'll go back on. But right now he's not a commit in the sense we are used to.

Jesus fucking Christ. He is the only moderately elite DB we have committed, or were likely to get (based on Gordon reporting). I recall last summer you and Coker thinking this could be an epic class - Gordon, Harrison, Irvin, etc. Talk about a thud finish. WTF Lake?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    His latest tweet is an in-home with Lake, he's liking UW stuff, he has an OV on the 15th, and hasn't removed committed from his bio or background. I'd say it's probably NBD.
  • Options

His latest tweet is an in-home with Lake, he's liking UW stuff, he has an OV on the 15th, and hasn't removed committed from his bio or background. I'd say it's probably NBD.

Wrong. He's said publicly, multiple times he's not signing on D20.

If this kid doesn't sign on D20 he's going to get offered by Bama, Notre Dame, Georgia (who I'm really worried about here because he's originally from GA), Auburn, etc.

The issue is not that he likes us—I think he does—the issue is that once he shows he's not committed, every school in the country that needs a DB will be up his ass.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Wrong. He's said publicly, multiple times he's not signing on D20.

If this kid doesn't sign on D20 he's going to get offered by Bama, Notre Dame, Georgia (who I'm really worried about here because he's originally from GA), Auburn, etc.

The issue is not that he likes us—I think he does—the issue is that once he shows he's not committed, every school in the country that needs a DB will be up his ass.
    He gone. FYFMFE.
  • Options
    Also - I wanted to add, right now I guarantee you no one is trying very hard with him. It wouldn't make sense to.

Because if you try hard with him now, you're wasting your time if he's going to sign with UW. And 10 days of missed recruiting won't mean shit, ultimately.

However, if you see he doesn't sign, you KNOW he's not committed and you can really start your effort.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Hampton doesn't have to worry about Lake going to UCLA.

• Options

Lake isn't going anywhere.

Reality is different from perception, though.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

Lake isn't going anywhere.

Reality is different from perception, though.
    Middle aged white guy who was last at Iowa State versus Lake. I like this hire.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I'm moving this guy off the commit list because he's said he doesn't plan to sign on D20 and is still 'seeing what else is out there'.

If he reaffirms on D15, then he'll go back on. But right now he's not a commit in the sense we are used to.

From what I’m seeing and reading tea leaves, it looks like we are making a strong push to be materially done with recruiting by the early signing period and getting a leg up on 2019 and maybe even 2020 recruiting.

Dennis and I were talking yesterday and it’s almost impossible to conclude that if Hampton backs out and Gordon doesn’t come that that’s as much proof as you need to conclude that Lake is essentially damaged goods for UW because EVERYBODY knows he has greater ambitions. Who would have ever thought this 24 months ago, but it’s quite possible that we may be better off without Lake sooner than later