Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dominique Hampton, 4* 2018 DB, Peoria-Centennial, AZ (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Chinteresting that he wants to wait until February to sign. My guess is that if he doesn't sign in December, we'll start recruiting other CBs to possibly take his spot.

Red flag alert

Tells me he leaves if Lake leaves
    I agree, but I'm not that worried about Lake leaving. We've priced him out of anything but a non-P5 head coaching position or a P5 DC position. He already declined Cal. Sure Cal sucks, but do you see him getting any offers to be a Head Coach without being a true DC yet? I don't. Do you see him getting offered a DC position at a top-half P5 school? Possibly, but I think that's a long shot.
    Stop dooging

It's only a matter of time before Lake leaves to further his career
    There's nothing else for Lake to do at UW, it'd be bad for the program if he didn't move up/on. Best case we have a backup already on the staff, Lake can go do his thing, and come back if it doesn't work out, bob gregory style.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    so does everyone want to demote coach K to promote Lake? or do you think he should just be content and stay in his role?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

so does everyone want to demote coach K to promote Lake? or do you think he should just be content and stay in his role?

The truth is, Lake is gone at some point. I think getting Heyward from Oregon or Alexander from Cal are legit options for us and will both be outstanding coaches for us.

If it happened this year, great.

A little birdie told me we might have a shot at bringing Peter Sirmon back as well and he knows both those guys (don't forget we add a coach this next year).

All I want is Gordon and a good S at this point.
    What would Sirmon coach, OLBs? Getting an ace recruiter like him as the extra coach would be amazing. More than make up for losing Lake, especially if you replace him with Heyward who I still like.

That would be an insane defensive staff.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

The truth is, Lake is gone at some point. I think getting Heyward from Oregon or Alexander from Cal are legit options for us and will both be outstanding coaches for us.

If it happened this year, great.

A little birdie told me we might have a shot at bringing Peter Sirmon back as well and he knows both those guys (don't forget we add a coach this next year).

All I want is Gordon and a good S at this point.
    What would Sirmon coach, OLBs? Getting an ace recruiter like him as the extra coach would be amazing. More than make up for losing Lake, especially if you replace him with Heyward who I still like.

That would be an insane defensive staff.
    I like Simon but I'm not sure I'd describe him as an "ace recruiter" unless you count almost having a hat on Rubens Foster's table as making him an ace. Like with Heyward, theres this doogman mythology that Sark had this recruiting dream team assembled at UW. During his time at UW, I don't think he closed on a single 4-star guy. From a strictly-recruiting standpoint, his most prolific get was Constantine. Gregory has certainly done better.
    Dude foster was being recruited by Tosh
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited August 2017

Not so confident in Sirmon as a recruiter, shit he can't even recruit his own son.

Maybe the plan is to bring him on next year
  • Options

Had 2 pick-6's in the first half of his team's game last night.

Who says high school stats don't matter
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I get the feeling that he's going to have a Joe Tryon type massive improvement between his Jr and Sr year hudl, and we'll be once again left singing praises of Jimmy Lake
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOZbp_NlOWo
    @beavermobile2015 is coaching Arizona HS Football now??
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Great players don't play at Centennial anymore.

Unless it's Hamilton, Chandler, Chapparel, Brophy Prep, Notre Dame, or Scottsdale Saguaro you are scraping the barrel in the Phoenix metro.

Centennial's coach refuses to recruit which destroyed his program once the schools mentioned above hired guys who do.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

I get the feeling that he's going to have a Joe Tryon type massive improvement between his Jr and Sr year hudl, and we'll be once again left singing praises of Jimmy Lake
    We'd be better off if Lake left last year
    IDK, I think there is still benefit to having him around this year for Millers and Murphy's development