Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dominique Hampton, 4* 2018 DB, Peoria-Centennial, AZ (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Looking at West Coast Corners, there's a huge drop off from the elite guys to the mid-low 3 stars. Among the 3 star guys, Lake clearly picked Hampton as his favorite. At this point you kinda have to trust Lake's evals, and it looks like he got the developmental DB that he wanted.

As long as we can get at least one of Gordon/Irvin/Addison this DB class is pretty good. And if we get two of them then this DB class is awesome. Hampton's nothing special though, hopefully his Senior tape shows whatever Lake saw in him at camp.

We need Gordon for sure, and one of Irvin/Addison/Croswell at safety. Probably Irvin.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Looking at West Coast Corners, there's a huge drop off from the elite guys to the mid-low 3 stars. Among the 3 star guys, Lake clearly picked Hampton as his favorite. At this point you kinda have to trust Lake's evals, and it looks like he got the developmental DB that he wanted.

As long as we can get at least one of Gordon/Irvin/Addison this DB class is pretty good. And if we get two of them then this DB class is awesome. Hampton's nothing special though, hopefully his Senior tape shows whatever Lake saw in him at camp.

My fingers are crossed for a Byron Murphy type surprise that comes out of nowhere. I think it was mentioned somewhere on the bored that we? were doing better for Taylor-Stuart than most thought. That would be awesome.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Odds that Lake will be coaching him are???
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    And who's to say this kid stays a 3 star. Top corner prospect in Az, has to count for something. Unless Az is a drek this year
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    IRELATED: Top 10 Arizona high school football linebackers
    No. 1 Dominique Hampton, Peoria Centennial, 6-2, 185, Sr.
    Freak athlete who had 30 solo tackles and two forced fumbles last season, playing cornerback. He has a strong lineup of finalists from which to choose: Oregon, Colorado, Washington, Arizona and Arizona State. His length, speed and ability to lock down make one of the top cornerback talents in the West.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708

And who's to say this kid stays a 3 star. Top corner prospect in Az, has to count for something. Unless Az is a drek this year

AZ generally has only a few more 4/5 stars per year than WA.
  • Options

Is it even more? I thought it was about even.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    dnc said:

Yeah you might be right. Similar populations and percentage of black people. I think DDY or Coker have the state by state stats.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

dnc said:

Yeah you might be right. Similar populations and percentage of black people. I think DDY or Coker have the state by state stats.
    How do the Poly totals stack up? I'd guess Washington has more Polys but I don't really know Arizona demographics other than they obviously have more Hispanics than us.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

How do the Poly totals stack up? I'd guess Washington has more Polys but I don't really know Arizona demographics other than they obviously have more Hispanics than us.
    I hear US Quick Facts is a great source
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I hear US Quick Facts is a great source
    gracias
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Chinteresting that he wants to wait until February to sign. My guess is that if he doesn't sign in December, we'll start recruiting other CBs to possibly take his spot.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Chinteresting that he wants to wait until February to sign. My guess is that if he doesn't sign in December, we'll start recruiting other CBs to possibly take his spot.

Red flag alert

Tells me he leaves if Lake leaves
    I agree, but I'm not that worried about Lake leaving. We've priced him out of anything but a non-P5 head coaching position or a P5 DC position. He already declined Cal. Sure Cal sucks, but do you see him getting any offers to be a Head Coach without being a true DC yet? I don't. Do you see him getting offered a DC position at a top-half P5 school? Possibly, but I think that's a long shot.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Red flag alert

I agree, but I'm not that worried about Lake leaving. We've priced him out of anything but a non-P5 head coaching position or a P5 DC position. He already declined Cal. Sure Cal sucks, but do you see him getting any offers to be a Head Coach without being a true DC yet? I don't. Do you see him getting offered a DC position at a top-half P5 school? Possibly, but I think that's a long shot.
    S/O to sloopy tits for getting that check book out
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like this DB PSA
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Red flag alert

Stop dooging

It's only a matter of time before Lake leaves to further his career