Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

But I thought that the firing of the old coach was a perfect example of the PC world gone amok and how modern college students couldn't put up with good old school male discipline!?!

What happened?!?????!!

Discipline is important and all but what is one trait that Pete prizes above all else in coaches: the ability to relate well to the players. This is just a hunch, but I'm guessing Coach Yaz related to a 21 year old women just a bit better than the previous coach.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    edited May 2017
    Swaye said:

This thread is useless without pics.

And it doesn't even matter whose - as long as they have shapely hooters and pooters
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    Discipline hole is important and all but what is one trait that Pete prizes above all else in coaches: the ability to relate well to the players. This is just a hunch, but I'm guessing Coach Yaz related to a 21 year old women just a bit better than the previous coach.

Crisped
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited May 2017

But I thought that the firing of the old coach was a perfect example of the PC world gone amok and how modern college students couldn't put up with good old school male discipline!?!

What happened?!?????!!

Firing the HOF coach midseason because he hurt some feelings was PC bullshit.

Hiring the kickass replacement was kickass.

Abundance.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    dnc said:

What happened?!?????!!

Firing the HOF coach midseason because he hurt some feelings was PC bullshit.

Hiring the kickass replacement was kickass.

Abundance.
    So the new head coach actually kicked the coxswain off the team that had previously led the mid season, hurt feelings revolt against the old head coach. If that's no abundance I don't know what is. Alas, we are no longer sexist and now a school that cares about BOTH men's and women's rowing.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Ernst sucked ever since he came out of retirement.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Did Pay-N-Save reopen, too?
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter

Maybe I am dense but when did he retire?

http://www.usrowing.org/news/2017/02/03/new-high-performance-committee-will-focus-podium-success/
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    whlinder said:

Maybe I am dense but when did he retire?

http://www.usrowing.org/news/2017/02/03/new-high-performance-committee-will-focus-podium-success/
    I should have said since he came back to the women's program. My bad.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    So glad it was rowing and not some fag sport like football or basketball.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    I scrolled to the bottom and all I've seen is text.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

Because those brave young women from Yale ran naked into the administration office, women's crew is an NCAA sport. Since no male rowers wanted to streak, men's crew is not an NCAA sport.

Seriously.

Wow I searched for some pics or something and stumbled upon the lamest article I've ever read.

I skimmed through the thing to see if she ever actually wrote about the naked part and stumbled upon this gem

“This is our equipment. Not for girls.” The voice was closer now, as the men’s crew captain stalked toward our lifting station, hands balling into fists.

“Oh,” Chris stared him down, standing taller than him even though she was a foot shorter. “I see, boys. So you must pay more tuition than we do, right?”

No one moved for a long moment. Veins protruded from the captain’s neck.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    edited May 2017

Because those brave young women from Yale ran naked into the administration office, women's crew is an NCAA sport. Since no male rowers wanted to streak, men's crew is not an NCAA sport.

Seriously.

Wow I searched for some pics or something and stumbled upon the lamest article I've ever read.

I skimmed through the thing to see if she ever actually wrote about the naked part and stumbled upon this gem

“This is our equipment. Not for girls.” The voice was closer now, as the men’s crew captain stalked toward our lifting station, hands balling into fists.

“Oh,” Chris stared him down, standing taller than him even though she was a foot shorter. “I see, boys. So you must pay more tuition than we do, right?”

No one moved for a long moment. Veins protruded from the captain’s neck purple throbber.