Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky women's crew with historic victory

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    Shitlords is fucking AWESOME!
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Swaye said:

Shitlords is fucking AWESOME!

not mine. that's a /b/ thang.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    These guys don't need no stinkin' scholarships.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,896 Founders Club
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I'm going to get untold amounts of shit for this, but I was actually in Windsor and watched it this weekend.

All jokes aside, it was surprisingly enjoyable. The place is absofuckinglutely full of these eastern upper-tier schools and their fans (with a few not-so-upper tier schools - hello Gonzaga, Ohio State, WSU and Central Florida). Cal rowing fans travel like Nebraska classy to an Orange Bowel, outnumbering Washington fans 5 to 1 EASILY. And there's the creep: ostensibly wearing the colors of the small New England DIII college he was technically there to watch (fuck off - no more information for you), yelling like a mother fucker with the other 8 Washington fans who showed up as the Husky women just fucking annihilated the division 1 field.

This is still a major sport back east; trust me on that. And there's some fun to be had watching some old, arrogant Princeton fuck mumble to himself as he watches his beloved Tigers get their asses handed to them by a Washington crew.

But the Cal group was the best. They beat Washington in season, and lost to them at Pac 12s, so they must've thought they had a chance.

They didn't.

It got really fucking quiet when Cal realized they were out of it. Stanford had a great finish but Washington led throughout and were never really in danger of losing.

There is not a school in the country with Washington's rowing tradition. Not one.

@creepycoug I did not know you were so passionate about UW rowing as much as Miami football lol
    edited May 2017

I'm going to get untold amounts of shit for this, but I was actually in Windsor and watched it this weekend.

All jokes aside, it was surprisingly enjoyable. The place is absofuckinglutely full of these eastern upper-tier schools and their fans (with a few not-so-upper tier schools - hello Gonzaga, Ohio State, WSU and Central Florida). Cal rowing fans travel like Nebraska classy to an Orange Bowel, outnumbering Washington fans 5 to 1 EASILY. And there's the creep: ostensibly wearing the colors of the small New England DIII college he was technically there to watch (fuck off - no more information for you), yelling like a mother fucker with the other 8 Washington fans who showed up as the Husky women just fucking annihilated the division 1 field.

This is still a major sport back east; trust me on that. And there's some fun to be had watching some old, arrogant Princeton fuck mumble to himself as he watches his beloved Tigers get their asses handed to them by a Washington crew.

But the Cal group was the best. They beat Washington in season, and lost to them at Pac 12s, so they must've thought they had a chance.

They didn't.

It got really fucking quiet when Cal realized they were out of it. Stanford had a great finish but Washington led throughout and were never really in danger of losing.

There is not a school in the country with Washington's rowing tradition. Not one.

rowing tradition

that is seriously a rowing gif. no implied sex acts.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Where the fuck is @Khaleesi when you need her

Great (image) as always, fuck

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUC_Kt3WKsw

Terrible quality, but these guys were great rowboaters.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUC_Kt3WKsw

Terrible quality, but these guys were great rowboaters.

I prefer moto boto

This would be my new sig if we didn't live in Communist Russia.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942

They didn't.

@creepycoug I did not know you were so passionate about UW rowing as much as Miami football lol
    We? You? have a great tradition. The creep doesn't support looserz. That's why I turned my back in my alma mater, despite my deep sod busting and animal husbandry roots.

As for the rest of the pics: frats. What are you gonna do? They're all ghey.
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805