Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Javon McKinley. FML.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,120
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Biggins just said he likes where UW is right now with Ford and would CB him to UW but wants to wait until after his SC visit.

So Ford and Latu are in diametrically opposite positions right now. Latu leaning SC but still has UW visit. Ford leaning UW but still has SC visit.

Also worth noting, Eklund has been saying for the last week that Ford is showing little interest in UW

I think we close Latu but not Ford.
    I take that, edge play is more of a need, given how the roster is structured right now
    No trades!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,188
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ford is really excited about USC and @KkkliffKkklingsbury and talked a lot about how explosive his offense is for WR. His final official with them is the 15th so that’s TOUGH for UW.

He made mention about how much he enjoys the Oregon coaches but didn’t go too in depth or seem too excited.

Here is his mention of UW, and it sounds like Bush has completely taken over and is trying to babysit him and get him on board ala Ty Jones a few years ago. Really impressed that they went to his physical therapy; it’s a nice touch to show you care about his recovery and comfort:

“Bush Hamdan (UW OC) came in twice and coach Lubick (WR coach) came in with him on one of the visits. They came to my physical therapy session this week and it’s always good to see those guys. I really like Washington a lot, they have everything I’m looking for.

“They have a strong coaching staff, a great group of players, I like the offense and they have good quarterbacks in the system. Jacob Eason will be there next year and he’s an NFL guy with a big arm. The coaches told me they don’t really have a receiver like me and there is a lot of opportunity for playing time. They like my size and ability to stretch the field and want to move me around and feature me in the offense.”

THIS. As an adult (kinda) we can see that his comments about udub mean he gets it. Should be a no brainer But he’s a teenager and lord only knows what’s actually important in his decision.

I think he’s gone but my point is it sounds like the coaches are saying and doing the right things.

But yes DD, close or GTFO.

CIFC
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Ford is really excited about USC and @KkkliffKkklingsbury and talked a lot about how explosive his offense is for WR. His final official with them is the 15th so that’s TOUGH for UW.

He made mention about how much he enjoys the Oregon coaches but didn’t go too in depth or seem too excited.

Here is his mention of UW, and it sounds like Bush has completely taken over and is trying to babysit him and get him on board ala Ty Jones a few years ago.

Bush has always been Ford's lead recruiter
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Here is his mention of UW, and it sounds like Bush has completely taken over and is trying to babysit him and get him on board ala Ty Jones a few years ago.

Bush has always been Ford's lead recruiter
    One of our only saving graces.

Remember when Ty told Bush he wanted to go to Utah.... well too fucking bad cuz USC ain’t Utah Fuck all of you. Back to my purgatory. Watching Aaron fuller film.
  • Options
    Woof said:

The Athletic did a big piece on Ford and his recruitment. This was my favorite part:

Ever since I was a kid, honestly. No matter what it was — video games, in the backyard with my dad — I’d be talking smack. My cousins, to this day, will say, ‘You were talking smack to me in a video game when you were 5 years old.’ So that’s basically what it was. It started there,” he said on this late November day with a large brace on his right leg — the result of a season-ending ACL tear he suffered two months prior — and a Washington Huskies hat on his head.

Basically says he is down to two west coast schools. Tea leaves suggest UW and SC.

You know you just ruined my day and maybe even the rest of my life right?
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018
    When talking about what’s important in his decision, playing time and the relationships with people are important, as those are the people he will be spending the next 3 years with.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

When talking about what’s important in his decision, playing time and the relationships with people are important, as those are the people he will be spending the next 3 years with.

We? are fucked. It’ll take him three year just to learn the offense.
  • Options

We are and have always been and will always be fucked. Fucked. Fucked. Fucked. BUT he said the coaches for the next 3 years are basically your parents. I could say that’s a good thing for us but instead let’s play a game of good parent bad parent.

Peterman vs Clay “Looks like a Penis” Helton

Bush vs KKKliff

Lubick the Vegan vs A nonexistent coach

And the hardest ones because they look like his actual parents (if you don’t believe me look it up)

Lynn Swann vs Jenn Sarkisian-Cohen
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

That’s my biggest gripe with Petersen. You’re a college coach, so there are limitations as to how long you can get these players. It takes time for them to fully understand your offense and play at full speed comfortably within it. I forget if it was Harris or someone else that said the offensive gameplay was too complicated against Cal which led to confusion and inability to play without second guessing everything. You can’t count on having 4 year starters in your offense all the time, and need to develop the players physically while also providing them tools to step in be successful when they are called upon to see play time, and part of that is simplifying the offense!
    This sounds like the Mike Leach playbook