Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm not worried. I just don't think he would betray the UW coaches at the last minute like this. He seems too nice to do that. There's a huge difference between wavering between two great schools and programs and actually picking up the phone to tell the UW coaches you're signing with Notre Dame. If he's too nice of a kid to do that then this recruitment has been over since he committed to UW. At some point today I would bet he gets fed up with the stress and the pressure of the situation he's in and just says "I'm over this, I'm just gonna stick with UW and be done with this shit."

Worst case scenario I think is he and his parents decide he needs more time to make a final decision so he won't sign early. If that happens UW still has an advantage with him playing in the Poly bowl with a million UW commits there with him making him feel wanted at the player level and peer recruiting the shit out of him.

Let’s get something straight ...

You do what you think is best for you and those closest to you ... you don’t make a decision based on not wanting to piss others off
    Shut the fuck up. Some stupid as generalization "you do what's best for you bro and don't worry about others" der der der. There is no wrong answer between these two schools bro and not everybody is the same or thinks like you bro. If you're the type of person who cares about the people you've made a commitment to, who cares about loyalty, who cares about honor, and keeping your word, you stay committed.

There are plenty of instances in life in which people honor their commitment. Some don't cheat on a girlfriend they've committed themselves to when the hot chick at work makes it clear she wants to fuck. Some stay committed to their job when another job offer presents itself because they enjoy the people they work with and love their boss.

In a dead even decision between two colleges that both present great opportunities, a good person with loyalty and honor is going to stay committed to the school and coaches he already committed to. That's what I would do and that's what I consider the right thing to do.

If you're a piece of shit like you, then yeah, you only look out for #1 and don't care who you fuck over in the process.
    Totally missing my point and absolutely mischaractherizing the decisions that I’d make and my value system

Get fucked
    Not at all. What you said was pretty clear.
    You have to make the best decisions for yourself ... few will do that for you

There is a huge difference between being a verbal and committed. There’s a big difference between dating and married.

Just because you are employed one place doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t keep your eyes and ears open for other and better opportunities.

Commitment is being all in when present ... and you should be. Commitment doesn’t equate to being blind.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited December 2018
    @Tequilla That was so deep and profound. I'll have what he's having.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    No news is good news at this point, and there's been no new news.
  • Options
    ZoneUW said:

I just realized how weird the word news looks... what...
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ZoneUW said:

It’s not yet 10PM in Dutch Harbor...
  • Options

ZoneUW said:

Only 7:05 PM in Husky Harbor...
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

I just realized how weird the word news looks... what...
    Fake news!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

Only 7:05 PM in Husky Harbor...
    You agree with me.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,735
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ZoneUW said:

What time is it on Orcas Island?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

ZoneUW said:

The move to Orcas Mean Time really improved the content.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

ZoneUW said:

The move to Orcas Mean Time really improved the content.
    Eastsound Barnacle or die.

• Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

If by almost 10pm she means almost 9pm then yes she’s correct.

Do our journalists ever get details correct?
    Another Ruthian effort.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm not worried. I just don't think he would betray the UW coaches at the last minute like this. He seems too nice to do that. There's a huge difference between wavering between two great schools and programs and actually picking up the phone to tell the UW coaches you're signing with Notre Dame. If he's too nice of a kid to do that then this recruitment has been over since he committed to UW. At some point today I would bet he gets fed up with the stress and the pressure of the situation he's in and just says "I'm over this, I'm just gonna stick with UW and be done with this shit."

Worst case scenario I think is he and his parents decide he needs more time to make a final decision so he won't sign early. If that happens UW still has an advantage with him playing in the Poly bowl with a million UW commits there with him making him feel wanted at the player level and peer recruiting the shit out of him.

Let’s get something straight ...

You do what you think is best for you and those closest to you ... you don’t make a decision based on not wanting to piss others off
    Shut the fuck up. Some stupid as generalization "you do what's best for you bro and don't worry about others" der der der. There is no wrong answer between these two schools bro and not everybody is the same or thinks like you bro. If you're the type of person who cares about the people you've made a commitment to, who cares about loyalty, who cares about honor, and keeping your word, you stay committed.

There are plenty of instances in life in which people honor their commitment. Some don't cheat on a girlfriend they've committed themselves to when the hot chick at work makes it clear she wants to fuck. Some stay committed to their job when another job offer presents itself because they enjoy the people they work with and love their boss.

In a dead even decision between two colleges that both present great opportunities, a good person with loyalty and honor is going to stay committed to the school and coaches he already committed to. That's what I would do and that's what I consider the right thing to do.

If you're a piece of shit like you, then yeah, you only look out for #1 and don't care who you fuck over in the process.
    Totally missing my point and absolutely mischaractherizing the decisions that I’d make and my value system

Get fucked
    Not at all. What you said was pretty clear.
    You have to make the best decisions for yourself ... few will do that for you

There is a huge difference between being a verbal and committed. There’s a big difference between dating and married.

Just because you are employed one place doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t keep your eyes and ears open for other and better opportunities.

Commitment is being all in when present ... and you should be. Commitment doesn’t equate to being blind.
    Get outta here with that pseudo-intellectual bullshit.
    If thats what you think pseudo intellectual bullshit looks like never major in a social science
    TCU speak, but still
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Profile pic shows Asa no longer a Husky?
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He gone.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Still says "UW commit" in his bio
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

When it change?
  • Options

When it change?
    yesterday