Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018

Someone should let him know that ND is using their one good season every 10 years this year so if he goes there they will be dog shit.

I laffed at the "global network" and "setting you up for life" bits. These are the same people that think Chicago is a "world class city".
    I'm sure there are a lot of "sociology" connections for the kid at Notre Dame. Let's be real, how many of these kids actually take serious courses while playing football?
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Someone should let him know that ND is using their one good season every 10 years this year so if he goes there they will be dog shit.

I laffed at the "global network" and "setting you up for life" bits. These are the same people that think Chicago is a "world class city".
    I'm sure there are a lot of "sociology" connections for the kid at Notre Dame. Let's be real, how many of these kids actually take serious courses while playing football?
    Zero. It’s only trying to take the minimal to stay eligible. I was a Biology pre-med and im still retaking classes after graduating and I didn’t finish playing or play at a school that was anywhere near that level.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

At Oregon? None.

At UW? A lot of the guys that aren't automatically headed to the NFL. Especially under Petermen's current regime of OKG-ness or whatever.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

There is only one conclusion to be made.

I think it's time we consider the possibility Jimmy Lake may be damaged goods.

Tom Loy's Jimmy Lake voodoo doll is finally paying dividends!
  • Options
    AF9705 said:

I will post only facts I know, not gossip.

1) ND has not recruited another Rover the last month or so.
    2) ND Coach Elston requested a visit & the Turner’s were very open to the visit.
    3) ND & UW are actually recruiting him at the same position. UW is calling it “Safety” & ND calls in “Rover” which is an OLB with Safety responsibilities. It’s the same thing. Coach Elston explained this to Asa when they met.
    4) Asa is having a tough time leaving the West.

I honestly have no clue what will happen. But if I had to make a decision now, I would say he stays UW. If he is waivering still tonight I expect him to stick with his commit.

This is mostly a good post but it's not the same position and arguing that it is is bullshit.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

So IF Turner signs with ND (not convinced he will but feels likely) what’s the play here? My hope is we don’t immediately offer anyone way down the list but wait and see who doesn’t sign and poach the hell out of somebody between signing periods.

I would punt on the position and take 5 guys next year. Next years class is loaded at that spot.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

All CBs pointing towards the purple and gold for Ika.

God I swear LSU's recruiting philosophy for DTs is just going into their scouting database and clicking 'sort by weight'.

Apu Ika may be three fiddy, but Tyler Shelvin is 362 and used to be 376. Dom Livingston is 350 as well. Ed Alexander is 331.

LSU has all the thiccest nose tackles man.
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179

ND is one of the very few schools that make their football players take calculus.

They have self reported players cheating on assignmemts. Makes them probably the only ncaa school to ever self report that. Most schools help the kids cheat.

They may be dusty has beens in the shittiest state in the country, but the academic thing for the football players is legit.
  • Options

So IF Turner signs with ND (not convinced he will but feels likely) what’s the play here? My hope is we don’t immediately offer anyone way down the list but wait and see who doesn’t sign and poach the hell out of somebody between signing periods.

I would punt on the position and take 5 guys next year. Next years class is loaded at that spot.
    We've been told it's Ranson and nobody else at safety next year.

I don't know if this is true but what makes you say it's so stacked?

I'm not real comfortable losing 5 DB's this year and only taking 3, I think we have to take at least 4 and I'd be open to 5.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm not worried. I just don't think he would betray the UW coaches at the last minute like this. He seems too nice to do that. There's a huge difference between wavering between two great schools and programs and actually picking up the phone to tell the UW coaches you're signing with Notre Dame. If he's too nice of a kid to do that then this recruitment has been over since he committed to UW. At some point today I would bet he gets fed up with the stress and the pressure of the situation he's in and just says "I'm over this, I'm just gonna stick with UW and be done with this shit."

Worst case scenario I think is he and his parents decide he needs more time to make a final decision so he won't sign early. If that happens UW still has an advantage with him playing in the Poly bowl with a million UW commits there with him making him feel wanted at the player level and peer recruiting the shit out of him.
  • Options

I'm not worried. I just don't think he would betray the UW coaches at the last minute like this. He seems too nice to do that. There's a huge difference between wavering between two great schools and programs and actually picking up the phone to tell the UW coaches you're signing with Notre Dame. If he's too nice of a kid to do that then this recruitment has been over since he committed to UW. At some point today I would bet he gets fed up with the stress and the pressure of the situation he's in and just says "I'm over this, I'm just gonna stick with UW and be done with this shit."

Worst case scenario I think is he and his parents decide he needs more time to make a final decision so he won't sign early. If that happens UW still has an advantage with him playing in the Poly bowl with a million UW commits there with him making him feel wanted at the player level and peer recruiting the shit out of him.

Him not signing in the early period is great for us. No way we lose him then.

If he signs tomorrow, who knows?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm not worried. I just don't think he would betray the UW coaches at the last minute like this. He seems too nice to do that. .

Wow so you know him personally?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

ND is one of the very few schools that make their football players take calculus.

They have self reported players cheating on assignmemts. Makes them probably the only ncaa school to ever self report that. Most schools help the kids cheat.

They may be dusty has beens in the shittiest state in the country, but the academic thing for the football players is legit.
    #MyIrish
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AF9705 said:

Tom Loy referencing Foskey and Turner, "I expect, based on the Intel I continue to hear, both will be in Notre Dame’s class."

What was the handle of that hack Notre Dame poster? Why isn't he over here rubbing it in?
    Hack?
    LOL

You should read your own site. So much misinformation & meltdowns on here it’s comical.

And I don’t spread rumors like a 13 year old girl, so nothing to “rub in.”
    The truth is nobody knows & if they say they do they are lying. I’ve talked to two different people who both said the same thing, which is Asa hasn’t decided yet, so everybody is just talking out their rear with “flip” talk.

Agree.

None of the writers know anything. They all have sources who are giving their best guesses but reading all accounts from both UW and ND sources, the kid is torn.

He likes ND and what they have to offer and was blown away by his visit. He loves Jimmy Lake and seems to have the closest bond with him.

He wants to play Safety and has seen what Jimmy Lake has done with his DBs over the last 5 years and how he gets them to the league. He's got the size of Zeke and JoJo, but is a better player than both.

How hard would it be to feel like you belong one place, but you have a close bond with a coach somewhere else and are trying to also make a business decision about getting to the NFL.

He'd be a fucking monster in our? defense and he knows it. He's just struggling, which is why he keeps deleting his twatter and likes twats from both fan bases.

I honestly feel for the kid.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited December 2018

I'm not worried. I just don't think he would betray the UW coaches at the last minute like this. He seems too nice to do that. .

Wow so you know him personally?
    No, which is why I used words such as "I think" and "he seems too nice". I don't know for sure but that's what my intuition is telling me about this kid.