Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

whuggy said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Turner is being viewed by ND coaches Polian, Elston, Lea & Kelly at his game per his own HC.
    He is also attending Navy vs ND in San Diego per his own HC, on his own dime.
    Unofficially he has told ND his recruitment is open to them.

Chinteresting, will see where he signs in dec

AF9705 said:

Turner is being viewed by ND coaches Polian, Elston, Lea & Kelly at his game per his own HC.

I would still guess Washington.

But not a slam dunk like before.
    Turner’s sudden re-interest in ND isn’t surprising. Even though Rutherford committed there two weeks ago, he’s going to visit UW. UWs entire secondary will turn pro, including Myles Bryant from what I’m hearing. Rutherford is especially intrigued about the Marcus Peters comparison, knowing Jimmy Lakes tutelage, though brief, increased Peters’ draft stock.

To’oto is a heavy Washington lean and with Trice already commited, ND is playing the “where do you fit ?” card to Turner. If Turner wants to play safety, UW is the right place for him. Too, Turner will be given a chance to play whatever position he wants so there’s that.

ND is a long ways away. One Turner family member won’t fly. They just won’t. Add in the weather factor. Turner initially grimaced when he tripped to UW but am told the weather wasn’t as big of a deal he just happened to come on the one cloudy day out of 6 months. Turner doesn’t like the cold and if he trips to ND he’ll have a rude awakening in the frigidity of South Bend in the winter.

Should be interesting
    The only thing that will make me feel better about Byron Murphy declaring early would be if Myles Bryant declared early as well. Every time I look up and say “jeez I miss Byron Murphy” will also be a time where I say “at least I don’t have to watch Myles Bryant”

Unless Myles plays like he’s trash talking Steven Montez for the rest of his career. That was awesome but also like a week late....
    Uh he has probably been our best DB behind Rapp and Murphy this year. And he's not much behind Murphy. You must be related to Grandpa Sankey.

Why can’t you guys just laugh? I know he’s good against the run and is good in coverage until his ball skills come into play. I stand up a lot for him. He hasn’t been better than JM or Keith. And with molden wanting to transfer, I want to see him play cuz I think he’s elite in coverage and the only reason he doesn’t play over Myles is because of how good Myles is against the run.

You guys gotta understand I’m always here for the joke.

(He’s a long way behind Byron....)
    It’s almost like teams sometimes run the ball and DB’s need to tackle in the open field.

Edit: read the rest of the posts and now feel like an idiot.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whuggy said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Turner’s sudden re-interest in ND isn’t surprising. Even though Rutherford committed there two weeks ago, he’s going to visit UW. UWs entire secondary will turn pro, including Myles Bryant from what I’m hearing. Rutherford is especially intrigued about the Marcus Peters comparison, knowing Jimmy Lakes tutelage, though brief, increased Peters’ draft stock.

To’oto is a heavy Washington lean and with Trice already commited, ND is playing the “where do you fit ?” card to Turner. If Turner wants to play safety, UW is the right place for him. Too, Turner will be given a chance to play whatever position he wants so there’s that.

ND is a long ways away. One Turner family member won’t fly. They just won’t. Add in the weather factor. Turner initially grimaced when he tripped to UW but am told the weather wasn’t as big of a deal he just happened to come on the one cloudy day out of 6 months. Turner doesn’t like the cold and if he trips to ND he’ll have a rude awakening in the frigidity of South Bend in the winter.

Should be interesting
    The only thing that will make me feel better about Byron Murphy declaring early would be if Myles Bryant declared early as well. Every time I look up and say “jeez I miss Byron Murphy” will also be a time where I say “at least I don’t have to watch Myles Bryant”

Unless Myles plays like he’s trash talking Steven Montez for the rest of his career. That was awesome but also like a week late....
    Uh he has probably been our best DB behind Rapp and Murphy this year. And he's not much behind Murphy. You must be related to Grandpa Sankey.

Why can’t you guys just laugh? I know he’s good against the run and is good in coverage until his ball skills come into play. I stand up a lot for him. He hasn’t been better than JM or Keith. And with molden wanting to transfer, I want to see him play cuz I think he’s elite in coverage and the only reason he doesn’t play over Myles is because of how good Myles is against the run.

Where is this coming from? Why would Molden want to go redshirt somewhere else when we’re likely losing 4 DBs to the draft.
    I dont think there's any "news" out there about Molden wanting to leave. I speculated a few weeks ago that if he doesn't end up as one of the starting dbs next year, he might consider heading elsewhere where he still would have 2 years to play rather than playing as a backup in 2019.

With Joyner retiring, this is very unlikely. Essentially a freshman would need to beat Molden out for him to not be a starter next year.
    That I could see. It depends on how they see him. I’m curious how they project him outside if Bryant has slot locked up for sure next year. Maybe he gets a look at safety? Gotta think one of him or Irvin ends up there unless they want Gilchrist or a true freshman to start
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Nice seeing him in that W hoodie.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Don’t be ridiculous, this was just optics. ND probably paid him to wear the UW shirt just so they can keep up the guise before signing day.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

Don’t be ridiculous, this was just optics. ND probably paid him to wear the UW shirt just so they can keep up the guise before signing day.
    Dude ND bagman got nothing on our bagman
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

whuggy said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting

It’s almost like teams sometimes run the ball and DB’s need to tackle in the open field.

Edit: read the rest of the posts and now feel like an idiot.
    Than why didn’t cal run at Elijah molden was in from the 2nd quarter on? It’s almost like Elijah molden and kyler Gordon know how to tackle in the open field.

Edit: Now remember that Myles got benched tonight and got outplayed by Elijah molden who was all over the field and feel like an idiot
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    I’m fully torqued on those ads turner videos. It’s the only thing I’m watching on my way to the golden date bridge I may or may not be jumping off of
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Domicillo said:

Mead is dead. Kenyon out. Heckman, outcast, and mostly broke.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

HE GONE

the losses piling up sure don't help....... especially with ND looking like a potential playoff team.
  • Options
    Loy is acting like a little bitch who's been scorned one too many times by UW. But our recruiting class wouldn't be any good if nobody was trying to flip our guys. It's just extremely rare that it happens and it never happens to Lake. He's All Dawg.
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

To alll our Irish friends that are visiting. First, get fucked and bow down, second I got my $$$ on our bagman

It’s been confirmed by his HS coach that ND staff was at his game & he then traveled to see ND in San Diego.

• Options
    AF9705 said:

To alll our Irish friends that are visiting. First, get fucked and bow down, second I got my $$$ on our bagman

It’s been confirmed by his HS coach that ND staff was at his game & he then traveled to see ND in San Diego.

All dawg baby!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Domicillo said:

Mead is dead. Kenyon out. Heckman, outcast, and mostly broke.
    Whoooshed
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    AF9705 said:

While I'm not as confident as strongarm.... I look forward to seeing how strong Lake and asa's relationship is as ND tries to flip him. Will show how good of a recruiter Lake is if we can keep him committed through your guys' run this season. Can't wait to see more of these UW-ND recruiting battles
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AF9705 said:

While I'm not as confident as strongarm.... I look forward to seeing how strong Lake and asa's relationship is as ND tries to flip him. Will show how good of a recruiter Lake is if we can keep him committed through your guys' run this season. Can't wait to see more of these UW-ND recruiting battles
    I may be thinking of the wrong guy but I think Lubick was the primary recruiter for Turner for some reason
  • Options

AF9705 said:

I may be thinking of the wrong guy but I think Lubick was the primary recruiter for Turner for some reason
    99.9% sure it's Lake that is recruiting him. In the article that was run on 247 when he committed to us he mentioned his relationship with Lake and the opportunity to play safety as reasons why he chose UW. Let's hope Lake can hold onto him