Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Turner is being viewed by ND coaches Polian, Elston, Lea & Kelly at his game per his own HC.
    He is also attending Navy vs ND in San Diego per his own HC, on his own dime.
    Unofficially he has told ND his recruitment is open to them.

Chinteresting, will see where he signs in dec

AF9705 said:

Turner is being viewed by ND coaches Polian, Elston, Lea & Kelly at his game per his own HC.

I would still guess Washington.

But not a slam dunk like before.
    Turner’s sudden re-interest in ND isn’t surprising. Even though Rutherford committed there two weeks ago, he’s going to visit UW. UWs entire secondary will turn pro, including Myles Bryant from what I’m hearing. Rutherford is especially intrigued about the Marcus Peters comparison, knowing Jimmy Lakes tutelage, though brief, increased Peters’ draft stock.

To’oto is a heavy Washington lean and with Trice already commited, ND is playing the “where do you fit ?” card to Turner. If Turner wants to play safety, UW is the right place for him. Too, Turner will be given a chance to play whatever position he wants so there’s that.

ND is a long ways away. One Turner family member won’t fly. They just won’t. Add in the weather factor. Turner initially grimaced when he tripped to UW but am told the weather wasn’t as big of a deal he just happened to come on the one cloudy day out of 6 months. Turner doesn’t like the cold and if he trips to ND he’ll have a rude awakening in the frigidity of South Bend in the winter.

Should be interesting
    Rutherford is 100% ND currently.
    There is a strong reason for that. It would take the reason to change for him to flip.

Turner was not 100% UW. He chose it for others, not himself. ND is asking him what HE wants. He is open. So currently ND is trying to get him to look at what he wants to do, not what others want him to do.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AF9705 said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Turner’s sudden re-interest in ND isn’t surprising. Even though Rutherford committed there two weeks ago, he’s going to visit UW. UWs entire secondary will turn pro, including Myles Bryant from what I’m hearing. Rutherford is especially intrigued about the Marcus Peters comparison, knowing Jimmy Lakes tutelage, though brief, increased Peters’ draft stock.

To’oto is a heavy Washington lean and with Trice already commited, ND is playing the “where do you fit ?” card to Turner. If Turner wants to play safety, UW is the right place for him. Too, Turner will be given a chance to play whatever position he wants so there’s that.

ND is a long ways away. One Turner family member won’t fly. They just won’t. Add in the weather factor. Turner initially grimaced when he tripped to UW but am told the weather wasn’t as big of a deal he just happened to come on the one cloudy day out of 6 months. Turner doesn’t like the cold and if he trips to ND he’ll have a rude awakening in the frigidity of South Bend in the winter.

Should be interesting
    There is a strong reason for that. It would take the reason to change for him to flip.

Turner was not 100% UW. He chose it for others, not himself. ND is asking him what HE wants. He is open. So currently ND is trying to get him to look at what he wants to do, not what others want him to do.
    are we going to go through this entire back and forth again?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited October 2018
    All Dawg baby. Jimmy's undefeated against Notre Dame. Mom's are undefeated. UW has the mom in their corner. Notre Dame can talk to him all they want. This one is over.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting
    2 questions - Where did you here this about Bryant and where did you here To'oto'o is a "heavy lean" to UW?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting
    2 questions - Where did you here this about Bryant and where did you here To'oto'o is a "heavy lean" to UW?
    Proprietary info my friend. It will cost you $10.99 per month for a subscription. Lucky for you I'm running a special so 10.99 a month with 42 months free.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    AF9705 said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting

Re. Rutherford: Sounds like your source hasn’t talked to my SOURCES or understand the greater impact is as it relates to Turner and the the bigger picture, etc

But, what do I know?
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting
    The only thing that will make me feel better about Byron Murphy declaring early would be if Myles Bryant declared early as well. Every time I look up and say “jeez I miss Byron Murphy” will also be a time where I say “at least I don’t have to watch Myles Bryant”

Unless Myles plays like he’s trash talking Steven Montez for the rest of his career. That was awesome but also like a week late....
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting
    The only thing that will make me feel better about Byron Murphy declaring early would be if Myles Bryant declared early as well. Every time I look up and say “jeez I miss Byron Murphy” will also be a time where I say “at least I don’t have to watch Myles Bryant”

Unless Myles plays like he’s trash talking Steven Montez for the rest of his career. That was awesome but also like a week late....
    Uh he has probably been our best DB behind Rapp and Murphy this year. And he's not much behind Murphy. You must be related to Grandpa Sankey.

Why can’t you guys just laugh? I know he’s good against the run and is good in coverage until his ball skills come into play. I stand up a lot for him. He hasn’t been better than JM or Keith. And with molden wanting to transfer, I want to see him play cuz I think he’s elite in coverage and the only reason he doesn’t play over Myles is because of how good Myles is against the run.

You guys gotta understand I’m always here for the joke.

(He’s a long way behind Byron....)
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Ektard says nothing to worry about.

He gone.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting

We can’t afford to lose our best corner and best LB in the same year
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Offered DB’s

Are you serious about getting to the NFL? UW offfers a clear and proven path under Petersen.

The coaching staff is committed to you and your personal as well as educational endeavors.

Take the plunge commit to UW now.

Or

Take the ND plunge where student camera opporators filming practice fall 50 feet, off of unsafe scaffolding to their death. Who told the kid to get up there? You guessed it Brian Kelly.

Say who, say what?

• Options

whuggy said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting

Uh he has probably been our best DB behind Rapp and Murphy this year. And he's not much behind Murphy. You must be related to Grandpa Sankey.

Why can’t you guys just laugh? I know he’s good against the run and is good in coverage until his ball skills come into play. I stand up a lot for him. He hasn’t been better than JM or Keith. And with molden wanting to transfer, I want to see him play cuz I think he’s elite in coverage and the only reason he doesn’t play over Myles is because of how good Myles is against the run.

I'm not wrong, it was just a joke.

Unless of course, I'm right, in which case it's not a joke.

But it's just a joke.

But I'm right, so it's not a joke.

It's just a joke, calm down.
    SOMEONE GETS IT!! FUCCIN NAILED IT MY DOOD!
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    DawgFader said:

Offered DB’s

Are you serious about getting to the NFL? UW offfers a clear and proven path under Petersen.

The coaching staff is committed to you and your personal as well as educational endeavors.

Take the plunge commit to UW now.

Or

Take the ND plunge where student camera opporators filming practice fall 50 feet, off of unsafe scaffolding to their death. Who told the kid to get up there? You guessed it Brian Kelly.

Say who, say what?

As fucked up as that situation was, I don't see what it has to do with this. I have no problem with being edgy if there's a point behind it, but I'm not sure what your point is.

Presenting it as a choice between making it to the NFL or falling 50 feet to your death seems like a slight reach.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

whuggy said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting

Where is this coming from? Why would Molden want to go redshirt somewhere else when we’re likely losing 4 DBs to the draft.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

whuggy said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Should be interesting

Where is this coming from? Why would Molden want to go redshirt somewhere else when we’re likely losing 4 DBs to the draft.
    I dont think there's any "news" out there about Molden wanting to leave. I speculated a few weeks ago that if he doesn't end up as one of the starting dbs next year, he might consider heading elsewhere where he still would have 2 years to play rather than playing as a backup in 2019.

With Joyner retiring, this is very unlikely. Essentially a freshman would need to beat Molden out for him to not be a starter next year.