Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    There will come a day when lake takes a HC job somewhere.

We will all be praying that will Harris has been groomed enough to hit the ground running.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

The Lake comment is a bit out of context as presented ... but yes, I did say the partial quote

It's not out of context, it's memeified.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The inside jokes on this board are out of hand. Carry on
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

The Lake comment is a bit out of context as presented ... but yes, I did say the partial quote

We still got love 4 ya tequila, even though you are damaged goods
    A world could exist
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ND landed a 4* LB. Appears that he's willing to join the team as a PWO if a scholarship is not open, then get on scholarship next year.

ND is still pushing for Asa, but I don't see a flip coming. Especially with 2 LB's taken in the last week. Sounds like the new commit will get a scholarship after all.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Last 11 follows?

UW commits. Lake in home today.

I'm feeling good.

So you saying jimmy knows how to recruit
  • Options
    Ektard reported that Jimmy Lake was headed to see Turner on Saturday, but per usuall he was wrong.

Jimmy Lake is headed to see him this week, but Ektard isn’t sure what day that will be. He’s heard possibly on Tuesday.

It sounds like Chris Petersen will visit him next week, but Petersen could be in tow with Lake this week as well.

Notre Dame has been trying and has had an in-home visit with him (last week), but it was unclear whether Brian Kelly made the trip or not.

He’s ours? buttfucks!
  • Options
    edited December 2018

For anyone concerned that he keeps deleting everything from his twitter, this is his only recent retweet, and both Ektard and Fatters are @ which means absolutely nothing but I'm reaching

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Has he left yet?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    His hair is dreamy.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

His hair is dreamy.

WOOD
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ZoneUW said:

Swaye said:

His hair is dreamy.

WOOD
    Asian hair is sideways
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,298
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Last 11 follows?

UW commits. Lake in home today.

I'm feeling good.

Westcoast DBU my ass. Fuck outta here. #GoDucks 🦆

It's starting to get confusing your whole two face act.

• Options
    Oh boy, stretch run has Loy in full on spin mode:

"Based on comments from sources like “I think it’s trending to Notre Dame” and “ND is more in this than anyone realizes” and “People close to him want him at ND”... My gut is that he flips. But we’ll see. It’s so close."

But Tom:

"I have faith in Tom and that he’s hearing it from well placed sources. I however don’t have faith in those sources and they’ve misread their strength repeatedly in these types of situations over recent years. Hope their gut is right this time."

Tom says it's time to StrongBallz doubld down:

Repeatedly? Kyler Gordon is a definite miss. No doubt ND felt better than they should have there, but I do know for a fact that after NSD, he had some regret. That was a case where he wanted ND more than others in his family. My sources have been right A LOT in the past. Way more correct than wrong. There’s a reason, in addition to the grind and hard work, that we are way ahead of the others in recruiting intel and facts. Relationships, connected sources, and effort. It has paid off for longtime subscribers of our site on 247Sports. I know one place just dumps stuff from twitter and calls that work. We actually bring unique info not seen elsewhere.

Last but not least, everyone else says it's over, but everyone else is wrong (ignore that I've always been wrong):

Things continue to be very interesting regarding the recruitment of Carlsbad (Calif.) high school four-star linebacker Asa Turner. Despite committing to Washington back in July, the Fighting Irish coaching staff never gave up and has continued to push hard for his services. An All-American Bowl talent and Top200 recruit per 247Sports, Turner welcomed the Notre Dame coaching staff to his home multiple times throughout this final run toward the Early Signing Period, as he spent a lot of time with special teams coordinator Brian Polian and defensive coordinator Clark Lea. Despite other Notre Dame sites and those covering Washington claiming that the Fighting Irish were out and that Turner had informed both staffs that he had shutdown his recruitment, the fact that Notre Dame remains still in play to this point makes it pretty obvious that neither of those were factual. Turner is set to sign on Wednesday and a final decision on his end is expected to come as early as Monday. Notre Dame remains cautiously optimistic on this one and is hoping that all of the effort on their end results in an eventual commitment from one of California’s most talented prospects. This one remains fluid just days before he is set to put pen to paper.