Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Just touched base with a source.

Turner still considering both options, nothing has been determined behind closed doors yet, but he has told both staffs that he wants to have a decision done by today.

So, essentially nothing new, but that's the latest around 5:45 pm.

Fuck Turner. Talent matters but he’s a pussy. Taylor Rapp, Tommie Smith. Tony Parrish et. All he’s not.

Pull the offer and double down on McCoy, Ford, Martinez, Hemuli, To’oto’o in January. I’d rather have the extra scholarship than some fag who can’t make up his mind, the kind of fag that hesitates on a bang bang play and costs us? a game.
    Fuck off all of you who disagreed. He's a pussy!
    Gotta admit I gave you a lot of shit and right now you’re looking pretty good. I still hope he figures it out but my confidence is lacking.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jdawg1991 said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Turner still considering both options, nothing has been determined behind closed doors yet, but he has told both staffs that he wants to have a decision done by today.

Fuck Turner. Talent matters but he’s a pussy. Taylor Rapp, Tommie Smith. Tony Parrish et. All he’s not.

Pull the offer and double down on McCoy, Ford, Martinez, Hemuli, To’oto’o in January. I’d rather have the extra scholarship than some fag who can’t make up his mind, the kind of fag that hesitates on a bang bang play and costs us? a game.
    Real classy bashing our players. Oh yeah, you're an Oregon fan. Hiding behind a DB Cooper picture? Real UW fans wouldn't act this way and if you do, you aren't a true fan and in reality couldn't get into to UW
    Get an avatar you savage. Then, LEAVE.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

You were right on with that one. Your prediction is exactly what he is.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He’ll be good this year even if he’s a pussy (good in coverage, run game NOGAF it can’t hurt you like the pass game can). Least of my worries.

He sucks.
    Ok!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Jdawg1991 said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Real classy bashing our players. Oh yeah, you're an Oregon fan. Hiding behind a DB Cooper picture? Real UW fans wouldn't act this way and if you do, you aren't a true fan and in reality couldn't get into to UW
    My Ducks! LFG!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What I noticed from @Baseman 's post is that he said Turner would not be another Taylor Rapp (among others)

Disagree
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Baseman said:

What I noticed from @Baseman 's post is that he said Turner would not be another Taylor Rapp (among others)

Disagree

Rapp was a boss in coverage and run support, then he fucked the team and those of us that went to the Rosebowl.

Turner ain't getting UW to no Rosebowl
    Why do you hate Rhino Cum
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Who the fuck are you?
    A bored former fan.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Who the fuck are you?
    A bored former fan.
    #metoo
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

He’ll be good this year even if he’s a pussy (good in coverage, run game NOGAF it can’t hurt you like the pass game can). Least of my worries.

Everyone on the defense has to tackle, especially in the 2-4-5. Good running teams -- Stanford-- have bullied UW in the Pete era, except for '16 when Azeem was healthy.

I hate Taylor Rapp but he excelled in run support.

There's a difference between recruiting and bullying a kid to sign. Jimmy shamed Turner into signing. Turner admitted when Jimmy told him to "man up" he finally signed.

Jimmy Clifford told me he ran stairs more than he practiced because everyday in practice the defense would knock the shit out of the offense. Punches were thrown.

Outside of Eddie, Washington's defense is Charmin soft.
    It’s a strange thing because it shouldn’t matter once they are here, but guys that are hard to sign or waffle normally do seem to suck.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Baseman said:

Everyone on the defense has to tackle, especially in the 2-4-5. Good running teams -- Stanford-- have bullied UW in the Pete era, except for '16 when Azeem was healthy.

There's a difference between recruiting and bullying a kid to sign. Jimmy shamed Turner into signing. Turner admitted when Jimmy told him to "man up" he finally signed.

Jimmy Clifford told me he ran stairs more than he practiced because everyday in practice the defense would knock the shit out of the offense. Punches were thrown.

It’s a strange thing because it shouldn’t matter once they are here, but guys that are hard to sign or waffle normally do seem to suck.
    Kentrell Love
    Asa Turner
    Kaho
    Weddington (he was ok, but nothing great)
    Ty Jones

Hopefully this doesn't hold true for Jacob Covington
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Baseman said:

Kentrell Love
    Asa Turner
    Kaho
    Ty Jones

OTOH, Byron Murphy.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Baseman said:

Kentrell Love
    Asa Turner
    Kaho
    Ty Jones

OTOH, Byron Murphy.
    Marlon tuipolotu
    Toot toot
    Cyler miles
    Puka nacua

You could dig up people on both sides of the story. Just like any recruit. Most will not be a good starter level player.