Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

The Husky coaches were a little upset about that because they said they didn’t even know I was looking at anyone else and asked me to give them one more chance. They said they didn't think they still needed to sell me since I was already committed so they asked for another shot and I thought that was fair so I agreed I wouldn't sign early."

There was a lot of backlash against Pete by the media and message boards about how hypocritical he was being over the Asa thing because he flipped guys late like Tuli and Tryon.

But this statement right here was the key. The coaches didn't have any clue he was meeting with ND.

Here is something from Caple's mailbag that I found super interesing:

Has Chris Petersen ever explained why he expects his committed players to shut down visits if they want their spot guaranteed but he’s OK hosting committed players from other schools? Puka Nacua’s upcoming visit got me thinking. — Erik G.

Four years ago, when I was working on a story about Petersen’s commitment policy, I did ask if he thought it was OK to then continue recruiting prospects who were committed to other schools. His response, generally, was that he had no problem continuing to recruit “committed” prospects so long as the coaches at the school to which the prospect had committed were aware he was speaking with other schools.

So everyone who said shit about Pete for being hypocritical can go fuck themselves.

Pete high key looks like Mr. Rogers.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Can we burn this thread now?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Turner will look great in crimson and cream. #Bama

Crimson and cream is Oklahoma, Methuselah.
    Crimson Tide. You might have heard of them kid
  • AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Start taking bets on how long before he is moved to LB... LOL

National analyst answered yesterday (after he sent out his commit tweet) what kind of Safety he will be at UW? “He will be playing LB by his sophomore year...at the latest.”

Clark Lea (ND LB coach) met with Asa & told him there was no scenario he would play Safety at ND. Asa told him he wanted to play Safety. So Lea said he understood & wished him well. Told him that Brian Kelly would not be doing an in-home because he isn’t going to come lie to the kid about playing Safety. Asa said he appreciated the honesty & both parties moved on.
    I’m personally happy (if you go back & look) because I wanted ND to concentrate on Foskey and not waste a scholarship on a kid at LB who wants to be a Safety.
    ND has both starting Safeties back (both with two years eligibility), & last years’ class had a top 50 & top 75 national players (both top 5 Safties) & this years’ class has a top 100 national & the #1 (5 Star ) Safety in the country. Turner would not see the field...
    At LB ND is also good (5 guys at Rover).

I just can’t wait to see Lake explaining to him why he is moving to LB in a year or so..,LOL
  • AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

AF9705 said:

Start taking bets on how long before he is moved to LB... LOL

National analyst answered yesterday (after he sent out his commit tweet) what kind of Safety he will be at UW? “He will be playing LB by his sophomore year...at the latest.”

Clark Lea (ND LB coach) met with Asa & told him there was no scenario he would play Safety at ND. Asa told him he wanted to play Safety. So Lea said he understood & wished him well. Told him that Brian Kelly would not be doing an in-home because he isn’t going to come lie to the kid about playing Safety. Asa said he appreciated the honesty & both parties moved on.
    I’m personally happy (if you go back & look) because I wanted ND to concentrate on Foskey and not waste a scholarship on a kid at LB who wants to be a Safety.
    ND has both starting Safeties back (both with two years eligibility), & last years’ class had a top 50 & top 75 national players (both top 5 Safties) & this years’ class has a top 100 national & the #1 (5 Star ) Safety in the country. Turner would not see the field...
    At LB ND is also good (5 guys at Rover).

I just can’t wait to see Lake explaining to him why he is moving to LB in a year or so..,LOL

He’ll be moved to LB just as soon as he cancels on the Poly Bowl for having already played in one all star game
    After he got a waiver.
    Go look it up.
    All players who play in multiple postseason
    games have to be waiveted.

I know it’s hard for people from a school not even ranked in the top 50 nationally to understand...LOL

Keep playing the 100th ranked OOC schedule & crappy PAC12 Conference nobody respects or watches...LOL
    Seriously...nobody outside the Pacific Northwest watches UW. LOL

Sniffle