Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

I have said it for months. Asa is my favorite recruit in this class. I think he was built for this defense. I love him.

Will end up playing indecisive, this place will crown him Jake Browning of the D.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Gwad said:

Swaye said:

I have said it for months. Asa is my favorite recruit in this class. I think he was built for this defense. I love him.

Will end up playing indecisive, this place will crown him Jake Browning of the D.
    No
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm running low on WTFs, so hard hat on, going in:

This whole AIDS outbreak hasn't been a big deal for me, as I haven't really cared one way or another since official measurements were published. When he first committed, I was like, "Well, I don't see it in the film, but at 6'4" and 220 pounds, I understand the freak potential."

Now that it turns out he's pretty much average size for a safety, I just don't get it. Had to go back to the film, and I still don't get it. It's been a while since watching Taylor Rapp's film, but I remember him basically ending two players' lives in like the first three clips. It's a defensive player's highlight reel: you want to see people getting blown the fuck up. Turner gives me the impression of a player who just really doesn't want any part of it. Big kid for a high school safety, but big kid who'd rather be playing 7-on-7 with one of those wrestling helmets on. He makes tackles, but they're all of the "wrap the legs and roll" variety, even against much smaller backs and receivers. There's nothing wrong with fundamentals, and he's usually making these tackles in the open field, which is a big plus to see, but I wonder if he isn't going to move up to D-1, get the shit beaten out of him, and lose interest.

I got through five of his senior season game highlights looking for one--just one--hard, physical hit. Gave up at five games. At 6'4" and born-again-Death-Row-hard, I can see this. At 6'2", 195? Give me Ainius Smith, who at least has elite speed and, well, go to :40 in his hudl.

Summary: We're like 130 pages of AIDS into a guy who intercepts a pass and then pitches it to a teammate before getting tackled.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Ok message received don't call indecisive guy indecisive.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    RDR said:
    It’s time?

I’m old so appreciate some translation by the kids here
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Meek said:

RDR said:
    It’s time?

3:00 announcement? Maybe seeing Jayden Williams visiting got interpreted as shit or get off the pot.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Meek said:

RDR said:
    It’s time?

Gonna be a 1500hrs “WOOF”!!!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    @Swaye close this thread