Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Bread said:

whuggy said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Turner is being viewed by ND coaches Polian, Elston, Lea & Kelly at his game per his own HC.
    He is also attending Navy vs ND in San Diego per his own HC, on his own dime.
    Unofficially he has told ND his recruitment is open to them.

Chinteresting, will see where he signs in dec

AF9705 said:

Turner is being viewed by ND coaches Polian, Elston, Lea & Kelly at his game per his own HC.

I would still guess Washington.

But not a slam dunk like before.
    Turner’s sudden re-interest in ND isn’t surprising. Even though Rutherford committed there two weeks ago, he’s going to visit UW. UWs entire secondary will turn pro, including Myles Bryant from what I’m hearing. Rutherford is especially intrigued about the Marcus Peters comparison, knowing Jimmy Lakes tutelage, though brief, increased Peters’ draft stock.

To’oto is a heavy Washington lean and with Trice already commited, ND is playing the “where do you fit ?” card to Turner. If Turner wants to play safety, UW is the right place for him. Too, Turner will be given a chance to play whatever position he wants so there’s that.

ND is a long ways away. One Turner family member won’t fly. They just won’t. Add in the weather factor. Turner initially grimaced when he tripped to UW but am told the weather wasn’t as big of a deal he just happened to come on the one cloudy day out of 6 months. Turner doesn’t like the cold and if he trips to ND he’ll have a rude awakening in the frigidity of South Bend in the winter.

Should be interesting
    The only thing that will make me feel better about Byron Murphy declaring early would be if Myles Bryant declared early as well. Every time I look up and say “jeez I miss Byron Murphy” will also be a time where I say “at least I don’t have to watch Myles Bryant”

Unless Myles plays like he’s trash talking Steven Montez for the rest of his career. That was awesome but also like a week late....
    Uh he has probably been our best DB behind Rapp and Murphy this year. And he's not much behind Murphy. You must be related to Grandpa Sankey.

Lol at all you dumbasses who said and agreed that Myles Bryant is not far behind Byron Murphy hahahahhahahaha. Elijah Molden and Keith Taylor let alone all three freshman who redshirted, would also probably disagree he’s the third best DB on the team but I let me digress back to searching through AIDS.
    Disagree Bryant would be a first round pick. Best corner in the draft if he declares. Probably would have been the best corner in 2018 if he was eligible. I'm not crazy. The "experts" agree. https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/11/preseason-top-5-pac-12-cornerbacks/
    LOL at Benjamin Solak as an expert.

Also LOL at sharing something based on 2017 as evidence.

Good chit.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

What is the opposite of the Classics bored?

Tug
    Damn. I was hoping to farm Up Votes/Awesomes with that exact comment.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Benjamin Solak is beyond retarded.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

whuggy said:

Baseman said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

I would still guess Washington.

But not a slam dunk like before.
    Turner’s sudden re-interest in ND isn’t surprising. Even though Rutherford committed there two weeks ago, he’s going to visit UW. UWs entire secondary will turn pro, including Myles Bryant from what I’m hearing. Rutherford is especially intrigued about the Marcus Peters comparison, knowing Jimmy Lakes tutelage, though brief, increased Peters’ draft stock.

To’oto is a heavy Washington lean and with Trice already commited, ND is playing the “where do you fit ?” card to Turner. If Turner wants to play safety, UW is the right place for him. Too, Turner will be given a chance to play whatever position he wants so there’s that.

ND is a long ways away. One Turner family member won’t fly. They just won’t. Add in the weather factor. Turner initially grimaced when he tripped to UW but am told the weather wasn’t as big of a deal he just happened to come on the one cloudy day out of 6 months. Turner doesn’t like the cold and if he trips to ND he’ll have a rude awakening in the frigidity of South Bend in the winter.

Should be interesting
    The only thing that will make me feel better about Byron Murphy declaring early would be if Myles Bryant declared early as well. Every time I look up and say “jeez I miss Byron Murphy” will also be a time where I say “at least I don’t have to watch Myles Bryant”

Unless Myles plays like he’s trash talking Steven Montez for the rest of his career. That was awesome but also like a week late....
    Uh he has probably been our best DB behind Rapp and Murphy this year. And he's not much behind Murphy. You must be related to Grandpa Sankey.

Lol at all you dumbasses who said and agreed that Myles Bryant is not far behind Byron Murphy hahahahhahahaha. Elijah Molden and Keith Taylor let alone all three freshman who redshirted, would also probably disagree he’s the third best DB on the team but I let me digress back to searching through AIDS.
    Disagree Bryant would be a first round pick. Best corner in the draft if he declares. Probably would have been the best corner in 2018 if he was eligible. I'm not crazy. The "experts" agree. https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/11/preseason-top-5-pac-12-cornerbacks/
    Well these experts are fucking dumb
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    I think you all are caught up on preconceived notions of Bryant's ability and size. Guess what the "experts" and the NFL don't care about that. They put on the tape and see Bryant's impossible downhill explosiveness, immediate reaction time, and his high ability with essentially every technique. They aren't looking at how he was a walkon or his height and weight. The NFL has moved past measurables to get players. Proof: cody O'Connell didnt even get a combine invite despite being the ideal nfl tackle, Seahawks drafted a 1 handed linebacker and will soon have a blind long snapper. One of the top QBs for 2020 has no legs. NFL doesn't care about measurables anymore, they care about winning.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Back to Asa, two more UW crystal balls have come in from Huffman, and Jason Scheer. Feels like it's a done deal with all the heavy hitters now flipping their balls back to UW but hard to get too excited until his LOI is signed, sealed, and delivered to UW.

this
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Asa Turner is meant for our D.

And if he's added to our D you can call me Hue G. Rection.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

I think you all are caught up on preconceived notions of Bryant's ability and size. Guess what the "experts" and the NFL don't care about that. They put on the tape and see Bryant's impossible downhill explosiveness, immediate reaction time, and his high ability with essentially every technique. They aren't looking at how he was a walkon or his height and weight. The NFL has moved past measurables to get players. Proof: cody O'Connell didnt even get a combine invite despite being the ideal nfl tackle, Seahawks drafted a 1 handed linebacker and will soon have a blind long snapper. One of the top QBs for 2020 has no legs. NFL doesn't care about measurables anymore, they care about winning.

Fuck dude your example is a guy who didn't get drafted precisely because of his measurables. The NFL is ibsessed with measurables,probably more now than ever.

And yes, I finally opened page 1,053 of this thread. I couldn't hold out anymore now that things finally seem to be moving again
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    I expect to hear a #WOOF soon. He just committed.

@Swaye please be to be charge titled book
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2019
    dhdawg said:

Hhhhnm Biggins and Huffman with the cbs to notre shame..... wonder if they know something or if the Carlsbad coach is feeding them information again

They know something, with those two. It's not over but it isn't looking good.
    When a kid is close to deciding it means a lot. That doesn't seem to be the case with Asa. It's not looking great but these guys change their cb's all the time
    let this be a lesson to those who were freaking out over speculative CB's
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,973
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck it I’m going in. I’m at page 66 and still haven’t even gotten to earlier signing day. This is miserable. God strong arm and ND academic superiority guy are so much worse than mosster.

At page 45 I’m just getting to the strong arm weather takes

I hyena laffed
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,973
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

The great Tom Loy was right when he said ND deserves credit for not lying to Turner and telling him he could play safety there.

They signed the #1 safety in this year's class who is a 5 star and three other 4 stars in the last two years.

Turner's ass would be glued to the bench as a safety at ND.

At least that way we know that no one would do sign language with their hand up his ass... @NorwegianHusky amirite?