Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nicholas Bolton, 3* 2018 ILB, Frisco (Lone Star), TX (HE GONE)

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

pat_hm said:

Kwiatkowski working Texas as well.

Lubick is done with his position group so I'd expect him to be working to fill our 10 other spots, with a few of them coming from Texas. It's pretty clear UW is investing their some of their best resources in the lone star state.
    How about instead we have Lubick talk to motherfucking Harrison at Garfield. Bizarro world.
    Yeah I'm not sure how valid is, but one of the national guys crystal balled him to Oregon the last few days. I have no idea why'd he'd do the unless they miss on Cota and he's dead set on being a WR.

But yet again, it seems like coach Heyward is his head recruiter, so if he wants to be their 3rd safety commit, I don't understand. Only way I'd be okay with that is if we can get Hufanga but that's unlikely. It's still early, who knows with either guy.
  • Options
    BabushkaBabushka Member Posts: 211
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

whlinder said:
    We are in the 'throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks' phase of grieving our DL recruiting.

We? did this with Strausser as well.

"ALL IT TAKES IS ONE KID TO BUY IT!!"

Lulz.
    On the bright side, we did culled out Strausser hopefully Malloe and @Babushka are next.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm always surprised guys like Bolton are so lowly rated. He's short, I get that, but this guy has a high floor.

At worst you get a special teams killer that can really fucking hit. He's not elite because of his size and questionable speed, but hitting ability and instincts are so ignored in TBS ratings.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm always surprised guys like Bolton are so lowly rated. He's short, I get that, but this guy has a high floor.

At worst you get a special teams killer that can really fucking hit. He's not elite because of his size and questionable speed, but hitting ability and instincts are so ignored in TBS ratings.

Fotu 2.0?

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/17601/what-im-hearing-re-fotu/p1
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fotu 2.0?

That's a good counterpoint, but this guy is bigger.

Fotu did have that highlight film though. I was a fan. We still should have taken him over Manu from Idaho.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Fotu 2.0?

Fotu did have that highlight film though. I was a fan. We still should have taken him over Manu from Idaho.
    That was great run for Coleman, help to shake off fumbling away the Arizona game 2 years ago.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

So fucking clueless ...

Your last comment is the single dumbest thing I've ever read from you ...

You are advocating that we should take a guy who isn't tall, long, big, or fast. In other words, instead of having unique physical attributes (the kind of recruit we should be looking for in each and every recruit), we should take a guy that in 2-3 years you will say is a JAG and will want to LEAVE because his only contribution is on special teams.

Given your description, this is a great player for Oregon St. At Washington, we have the ability to pursue guys that offer rare athletic ability often combined with a kid that has brains ... best of both worlds. 5-10 years ago getting an Oregon St caliber player was what we were recruiting and at times an upgrade ... but this isn't 5-10 years ago.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

So fucking clueless ...

You are advocating that we should take a guy who isn't tall, long, big, or fast. In other words, instead of having unique physical attributes (the kind of recruit we should be looking for in each and every recruit), we should take a guy that in 2-3 years you will say is a JAG and will want to LEAVE because his only contribution is on special teams.

Given your description, this is a great player for Oregon St. At Washington, we have the ability to pursue guys that offer rare athletic ability often combined with a kid that has brains ... best of both worlds. 5-10 years ago getting an Oregon St caliber player was what we were recruiting and at times an upgrade ... but this isn't 5-10 years ago.
    Yeah that's not what he's saying at all
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

So fucking clueless ...

Yeah that's not what he's saying at all
    I haven't watched this kid's film and I'm sure he's a nice player otherwise we wouldn't be at least talking to him ...

And while I'm not all about the stars what a 3 star means to me is that he is a good to very good player that can be a solid starter for a mid-tier to slightly above Top 25 caliber team. There's nothing wrong with that.

But when you are putting your hat in the ring as a national championship contender, these aren't guys you want anywhere in the program near the front of your depth chart. If they are playing you are often left thinking that that player is a half step slow or just not big enough to shed a block or tip a pass or whatever.

BBK is a nice player and I have nothing against him but he's the definition of that 3 star player to me. We can win the P12 with him playing a lot of snaps. But when you play a USC or Alabama or school like that he's just not quite good enough.

So whether Dead Dog was talking about this kid for UW or just the star process in general, given the description he gave of him he sounds EXACTLY like what a good 3 star player is to me. And you don't need many (if any) of those guys in a top tier program.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fotu 2.0?

Sure, in hindsight it looks like that is the case so far. But you also wanted him over BBK and that looks wrong thus far.

I'd also like to point out @chuck went against the grain and called both Beavers and BBK players. One of the best at stocking teen boy film IMO.
    I'm a fan of Ben Hurr.

There is also this thing going on at UW called player development. Players coached up under Pete and this defensive staff are going to be better than guys coached by Helfrich, Pellum, and Brady Hoke.

Pepsi is right in that we have no need to Fotu whatever the fuck from Steilacoom, but we all know this same guy would be a lot better player at UW.