Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIALNFL Draft thread

Comments

• Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    When do the Patriots get Cooper Kupp?
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Put a fork in the Seahawks. Now mesmorized by hype like Greg Biggins and DDY.

McDowell is a good pick on paper, but a lazy player is a lazy player. The draft fags will j.o. over the "value." An average DL isn't a pro bowl CB like King. It's over.

The only reason I'm semi optimistic about the pick is they have a strong culture on the DL. Bennett, Avril and Clark aren't gonna let somebody take plays off. They might be able to get effort out of him. LIPO.

McDowell was only third on my bored there though, behind Obi and Lamp.
    Dude can go through the motions and play 6-8 years in the league. King will at minimum do the same and has a ceiling of a top 5 CB in the league. It's especially disappoint because of the fit.

I am being over dramatic, but I do think it's over. This was the nail in the coffin.
    Very disappointing. I hate to question anything pete does considering he won a god damn super bowl, but every year it seems more and more like him and Schneider just want to go against conventional wisdom so they can say they're the smartest guys in the room. Fuck this draft.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,356
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    What the fuxk god damn it I said fuck a ucla player fuck this shit he sicks sucks he's a weak push ass butch lussy push pussy butch bitch god typing is hard
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Half of Fabian Moreau's highlights were against Cyler Miles and those whiteFS helmets lol
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

Fournette and McCaffrey did not get dinged for sitting out their Bowl games for fear of injury. Both went in the top 8. Great for a RB.

Peppers didn't appear to be hurt either by sitting out his Bowl Game.

I think most of the College Bowl games are worthless and unwatchable--but will become even worse because you will now see waves of top players sitting out Bowl Games as they know the NFL will not penalize them come draft time for doing so.

The College game is already diluted and will become even worse. Next thing you know the top guys will be sitting out some regular season games too.

You don't say?

If only there were a way to incentivize people to play in bowl games.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Will Qualls go in the 3rd, or 4th?
    Thinking Mathis goes in the late 3rd.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Will Qualls go in the 3rd, or 4th?
    Thinking Mathis goes in the late 3rd.

To what are you basing this Mathis 3rd round optimism on?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

Fournette and McCaffrey did not get dinged for sitting out their Bowl games for fear of injury. Both went in the top 8. Great for a RB.

I think most of the College Bowl games are worthless and unwatchable--but will become even worse because you will now see waves of top players sitting out Bowl Games as they know the NFL will not penalize them come draft time for doing so.

The College game is already diluted and will become even worse. Next thing you know the top guys will be sitting out some regular season games too.

You don't say?

If only there were a way to chincentivize people to play in bowl games.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

You don't say?

If only there were a way to incentivize people to play in bowl games.
    Every time a pro prospect sits out of a meaningless, triple-sponsored, cash-grab scrimmage, we inch closer to truth. The truth being that these individuals do not belong in the semi-pro league of the NCAA under the hilarious guise of "amateur" competition.

If I were an agent, I'd advise every client to sit out. And I'd tell every self-righteous, rah-rah college coach who waxes on about "brotherhood" to go shit in a hat. My client, aka your underpaid employee, came to work for you because it was the only viable path towards his desired profession. He's done more for you than you've done for him and now he's finished. It makes no economic sense for him to risk everything he's worked for so that you and the school that profits off of his work gets to add a chunk of wood and polished metal to their #40MM Athletic Monolith and update their resumes with new accomplishments. You chose to engage in this farce. Face the consequences now.
    Your very best effort
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    why the fuck did Qualls enter? should have stayed
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Four years out of high school, teams don't love taking 23 year olds unless they're rare humans, wasn't likely improve his stock if he came back.
  • Options
    IckyBengalIckyBengal Member Posts: 14
    First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2017
    How bout my Bengals takin your boy John Ross!! Really excited about this. Speed!!!!!
  • Options

How bout my Bengals takin your boy John Ross!! Really excited about this. Speed!!!!!

Think it's a great fit for him and you. Can't double both Green and Ross. Ross gonna burn a lot of one on one coverage or Mixon gonna see a lot of empty boxes. Maybe both.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Think it's a great fit for him and you. Can't double both Green and Ross. Ross gonna burn a lot of one on one coverage or Mixon gonna see a lot of empty boxes. Maybe both.
    how about Daryl Daniels? Speed and NFL body. Can he help us?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Four years out of high school, teams don't love taking 23 year olds unless they're rare humans, wasn't likely improve his stock if he came back.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

I feel that if he was little bit more consistent he probably been gone by now.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lol Hawks are shit. What a fucking gay draft.
  • Options

FUCK THIS DRAFT!
  • Options
    dnc said:

FUCK THIS DRAFT!
    Your Hawks make weird picks but somehow they turn into good players