Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIALNFL Draft thread

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Hawks pick up ATL's third rounder (they have four now) and seventh rounder.

I'd expect the Hawks to trade up in round 2.

With Sherman leaving, Hawks will prob take 2-3 CBs from this class.
    Kevin King or Meliflonwu will be their first pick.

I could also see them trading up from 56 to the high 40s to get a WR like Zay Jones.

One of these: Witherspoon, Sidney Jones, Douglas Rasul, Tankersley Cordrea, Moreau Fabian, will get their first 3rd round pick.

Hawks want OG Isaac Asiata eventually:
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/isaac-asiata?id=2557998

Cal QB Webb too.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2017
    Imagine being not drafted over alleged rapist, Gareon Conley, who didn't even go to the NFL draft event. Man Kevin King took the biggest fucking L right now.

Why didn't they show the green screen of the people left during the green room? I remember enjoying Geno Smith take the L when he was at the green room.

Where's the camera pans of DeShone Kizer too?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    priapism said:

dnc said:

I could also see them trading up from 56 to the high 40s to get a WR like Zay Jones.

One of these: Witherspoon, Sidney Jones, Douglas Rasul, Tankersley Cordrea, Moreau Fabian, will get their first 3rd round pick.

Cal QB Webb too.
    Sherman isn't leaving. That window has passed.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

priapism said:

dnc said:

Cal QB Webb too.
    Agreed. He's here for this year at least.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2017
    dnc said:

doogie said:

priapism said:

dnc said:

Cal QB Webb too.
    Agreed. He's here for this year Until he throws a tirade and they Percy Harvin him at least.
  • Options
    doogie said:

Agreed. He's here for this year Until he throws a tirade and they Percy Harvin him at least.

Highly unlikely. Unlike Harvin Sherman is never hurt and incredible on the field.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Good call on the Falcons trade Tequilla. I'm taking the credit for you becoming a smarter fan. I've pushed you out of idiocy and into a solid arm chair GM.

I appreciate the props ... but taking credit for it?

C'mon ... I may say some billions of things from time to time that seem out of left field but there's always some kind of logic behind my thinking
    fixed
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,356
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    phineas said:

Imagine being one of these kids right now, how much their life just changed. Especially with social media. I can't imagine all the eyes suddenly being put on you. Knowing there are people probably digging through every tweet you've ever sent, checking out your MySpace, facebook, asianavenue and blackpeoplemeet pages.. I definitely wouldn't be able to handle that. What if it was found out I posted on hardcorehusky by the name of phineas? My life would be ruined if the whole world read these posts. Christ

Jonathan Allen will be very chinteresting here, since he was just drafted by his hometown team, and more than that, he is from the place where Redskins park is located and where most of the players live. So he's about to come home from college with all of his high school buddies, but he's coming home as a multi-millionaire first rounder Washington Redskin, and his HS friends are coming home broke, unemployed millenials moving into the basement with their two dads. (Except for Ryan Burns who is going to impersonate a statue at the QB position for Stanford for another year)

Most Skins around here are pretty low key, they do their thing but people don't care, and can get to DC to party but come back to the protection of the burbs. But Allen is the local kid who everyone already knew from HS, kept knowing him cause he went to SABAN and played lights out on some great teams, and now he's coming back as a Redskin. Gotta be careful now which basements he passes out drunk in.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

phineas said:

Imagine being one of these kids right now, how much their life just changed. Especially with social media. I can't imagine all the eyes suddenly being put on you. Knowing there are people probably digging through every tweet you've ever sent, checking out your MySpace, facebook, asianavenue and blackpeoplemeet pages.. I definitely wouldn't be able to handle that. What if it was found out I posted on hardcorehusky by the name of phineas? My life would be ruined if the whole world read these posts. Christ

Jonathan Allen will be very chinteresting here, since he was just drafted by his hometown team, and more than that, he is from the place where Redskins park is located and where most of the players live. So he's about to come home from college with all of his high school buddies, but he's coming home as a multi-millionaire first rounder Washington Redskin, and his HS friends are coming home broke, unemployed millenials moving into the basement with their two dads. (Except for Ryan Burns who is going to impersonate a statue at the QB position for Stanford for another year)

Most Skins around here are pretty low key, they do their thing but people don't care, and can get to DC to party but come back to the protection of the burbs. But Allen is the local kid who everyone already knew from HS, kept knowing him cause he went to SABAN and played lights out on some great teams, and now he's coming back as a Redskin. Gotta be careful now which basements he passes out drunk in.
    Allen was a good pick. I would be shocked if he's not a solid starter and will not be surprised if he's a pro bowler. He was the best player in college football last year.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,356
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2017
    Don't disagree with any of that. It was a pick that had to be made.

Just saying it's a bit different for probably all of the other first rounders. They're going to a new City and don't have any of that old baggage. They can be immersed in football or go party but either way they are new to the scene.

Allen has this shit

Edit- what the fuck happened to embedded twats, or am I stoopid?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    whlinder said:

Just saying it's a bit different for probably all of the other first rounders. They're going to a new City and don't have any of that old baggage. They can be immersed in football or go party but either way they are new to the scene.

Allen has this shit

Can't get it to embed either.

Devs?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

whlinder said:

Allen has this shit

Devs?
    This has legs.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

whlinder said:

Allen has this shit

Devs?
    Embed codes are your friend.

From watching @jonallen93 play with my nephew at Stonebridge HS to sharing a locker room with him. Time flies. Congrats bro lets get to it

— Trent Williams (@TrentW71) April 28, 2017
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

whlinder said:

Allen has this shit

Devs?
    Embed codes are your friend.

From watching @jonallen93 play with my nephew at Stonebridge HS to sharing a locker room with him. Time flies. Congrats bro lets get to it

— Trent Williams (@TrentW71) April 28, 2017
    Buts its not a REAL embed that you can retweet
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2017

dnc said:

@creepycoug U finally makes an appearance at pick 29.

It's sad to see how far the Canes have fallen.

Very true. I was however shocked to see they currently have the #1 recruiting class on 24/7. I would never trust Richt, but the right coach could dominate at Miami. I think even a pretty good coach could contend pretty frequently in the ACC.

Swinney is creating a monster and FSU is good, but it's an easy conference to make noise in. It doesn't hurt they are located in one of, if not the best recruiting areas and have the best NFL alumni base of any college program.
    The U has fallen for having one guy in the 1st round? Remind me how many runs the U of the NW has had sans a player in the first round.

Really? Are we going to do this?

FSU has topped out with Jumbo ... they're not going to be better. Oh, sure, he'll put together more good teams, some will be better than others, but we've already seen their upside, and Miami is already catching them.

Dumbo at Clempsun? Same thing. He's finally got over the hump with a one-in-10 year QB. Kinda like Mariotta, they're not going to have a Watson under center every year. Come on. That kid is speshul as all get out, and he's THE reason they won the title ... by the skin of their asses I might add. Axe yourself what happens if they're not playing against a QB who rides the short bus running plays called by an O coordinator who drives it? Answer, they looze.

You would NEVER trust Richt? Based on what? He was a fairly consistent 9, 10, 11 win guy with a couple seasons better ... 9-5 in bowels w/ a cup 'o la shuguz, and, all jokes aside, played in a tuff confrunce at a 1.B-tier program. His 3.4 GPA in the SEC is no less respectable than Peterman's 3.8 GPA in the Retard Conference he played in. It's like comparing a kid who had a B average majoring in physics at MIT with a kid who had an A- average majoring in communicashuns at Wazzoo.

I'm not saying this guy is the second cumming of Jimmy Johnson, but LIPO. He's the very first adult in charge of that progrum since Butch left on his fateful trip to Cleveland. He may just get them back.

Keep in mind Davis wasn't perfect either. Davis was a great coach in two respects: (1) organizationally; and (2) recrooting - that mother fucker can recrute. He was, at best, an average game-day coach. If I'm coaching Miami at Washington in 2000, and I wish I had been, I take the game out of Dorsey's hands and I put it in Clinton Portis'. I do that, and we're undefeated in 2000 and win another title.

Sometimes, you don't need the full package. If Richt can recroot, and he can, and if he can get the right coordinators in place - Manny Diaz was a damn good start - he may well be all they need.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

@creepycoug U finally makes an appearance at pick 29.

It's sad to see how far the Canes have fallen.

Tight End U Baby!

[Snickering thinking about when you doogy fucks actually thought Warshington was TE U ... puhleeze].
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Props to @salemcoog on the King call