Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIALNFL Draft thread

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2017
    Budda to the Cards. That sucks.

Great pick for them. They gave up a shitload for him too.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    priapism said:

dnc said:

Hawks pick up ATL's third rounder (they have four now) and seventh rounder.

I'd expect the Hawks to trade up in round 2.

With Sherman leaving, Hawks will prob take 2-3 CBs from this class.
    Kevin King or Meliflonwu will be their first pick.
    Bump.
  • Options
    This has been a good thread. Except for when you fucktards started talking about Jameis Winston. Dumb fuck Tequilla predicting Super Bowls and no one pointing out the fact that Winston fucking sucks. He makes a couple throws a game that are spectacular and you think oh wow if he ever puts it together...and you forget that the other 30 throws were terrible. The only way he's ever going to a Super Bowl is if he's sitting in the stands.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Budda to the Cards. That sucks.

Great pick for them. They gave up a shitload for him too.

Agreed. Damn.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

This has been a good thread. Except for when you fucktards started talking about Jameis Winston. Dumb fuck Tequilla predicting Super Bowls and no one pointing out the fact that Winston fucking sucks. He makes a couple throws a game that are spectacular and you think oh wow if he ever puts it together...and you forget that the other 30 throws were terrible. The only way he's ever going to a Super Bowl is if he's sitting in the stands.

Rex Grossman made a Super Bowl
  • Options

Rex Grossman made a Super Bowl
    Grossman's better.
  • Options

Put a fork in the Seahawks. Now mesmorized by hype like Greg Biggins and DDY.

McDowell is a good pick on paper, but a lazy player is a lazy player. The draft fags will j.o. over the "value." An average DL isn't a pro bowl CB like King. It's over.

The only reason I'm semi optimistic about the pick is they have a strong culture on the DL. Bennett, Avril and Clark aren't gonna let somebody take plays off. They might be able to get effort out of him. LIPO.

McDowell was only third on my bored there though, behind Obi and Lamp.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jones didn't slip too bad going to the Eagles at the 43rd pick
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2017
    dnc said:

McDowell is a good pick on paper, but a lazy player is a lazy player. The draft fags will j.o. over the "value." An average DL isn't a pro bowl CB like King. It's over.

The only reason I'm semi optimistic about the pick is they have a strong culture on the DL. Bennett, Avril and Clark aren't gonna let somebody take plays off. They might be able to get effort out of him. LIPO.

Dude can go through the motions and play 6-8 years in the league. King will at minimum do the same and has a ceiling of a top 5 CB in the league. It's especially disappoint because of the fit.

I am being over dramatic, but I do think it's over. This was the nail in the coffin.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,184
    Amputee gymnast seemed too sassy
  • Options

dnc said:

Dude can go through the motions and play 6-8 years in the league. King will at minimum do the same and has a ceiling of a top 5 CB in the league. It's especially disappoint because of the fit.

I am being over dramatic, but I do think it's over. This was the nail in the coffin.
    I think they both have very high ceilings. I think King's floor is higher.

The thing about the Hawks braintrust is they still haven't taken a corner higher than the 4th round. I thought this was the year (it probably still is), but they obviously believe in their ability to coach up later round corners. They've done pretty well with that philosophy so far.

I'm a little bummed too, but I don't think this closes their window by any means.
  • Options
    Hawks pick ten spots away, Obi still on the board. Really hope he falls. Chidobe too.
  • Options
    Bengals knocking this draft out.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bengals knocking this draft out.

Mixon is the best RB in the draft. That's a scary offense.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

doogie said:

Agreed. He's here for this year Until he throws a tirade and they Percy Harvin him at least.

Highly unlikely. Unlike Harvin Sherman is never hurt and incredible on the field.

If Sherman acts like a cunt on the field again toward his coaches, he gone. No warning.
  • Options
    Shut up and announce the pick Willie Brown.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fournette and McCaffrey did not get dinged for sitting out their Bowl games for fear of injury. Both went in the top 8. Great for a RB.

Peppers didn't appear to be hurt either by sitting out his Bowl Game.

I think most of the College Bowl games are worthless and unwatchable--but will become even worse because you will now see waves of top players sitting out Bowl Games as they know the NFL will not penalize them come draft time for doing so.

The College game is already diluted and will become even worse. Next thing you know the top guys will be sitting out some regular season games too.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    For a shit organization i got give browns credit. they had decent draft. Chicago seems to finding ways to sabotage their future. They got 2 white players and did not address any of their fucking needs.
  • Options
    Drew Pearson just won the draft.