Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIALNFL Draft thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Mark my words: Stacey Coley in the 7th round will be the steal of the draft.

Stoopid. Guarantee he'll be as good or better than any WR taken before him.

I have no idea who you are referencing.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    not as upset as Gabe Marks right now!
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Dallas Cowboy vs Philadelphia Eagles fans:

Awuzie fell to #60.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

@creepycoug U finally makes an appearance at pick 29.

It's sad to see how far the Canes have fallen.

Very true. I was however shocked to see they currently have the #1 recruiting class on 24/7. I would never trust Richt, but the right coach could dominate at Miami. I think even a pretty good coach could contend pretty frequently in the ACC.

Swinney is creating a monster and FSU is good, but it's an easy conference to make noise in. It doesn't hurt they are located in one of, if not the best recruiting areas and have the best NFL alumni base of any college program.
    The U has fallen for having one guy in the 1st round? Remind me how many runs the U of the NW has had sans a player in the first round.

Really? Are we going to do this?

FSU has topped out with Jumbo ... they're not going to be better. Oh, sure, he'll put together more good teams, some will be better than others, but we've already seen their upside, and Miami is already catching them.

Dumbo at Clempsun? Same thing. He's finally got over the hump with a one-in-10 year QB. Kinda like Mariotta, they're not going to have a Watson under center every year. Come on. That kid is speshul as all get out, and he's THE reason they won the title ... by the skin of their asses I might add. Axe yourself what happens if they're not playing against a QB who rides the short bus running plays called by an O coordinator who drives it? Answer, they looze.

You would NEVER trust Richt? Based on what? He was a fairly consistent 9, 10, 11 win guy with a couple seasons better ... 9-5 in bowels w/ a cup 'o la shuguz, and, all jokes aside, played in a tuff confrunce at a 1.B-tier program. His 3.4 GPA in the SEC is no less respectable than Peterman's 3.8 GPA in the Retard Conference he played in. It's like comparing a kid who had a B average majoring in physics at MIT with a kid who had an A- average majoring in communicashuns at Wazzoo.

I'm not saying this guy is the second cumming of Jimmy Johnson, but LIPO. He's the very first adult in charge of that progrum since Butch left on his fateful trip to Cleveland. He may just get them back.

Keep in mind Davis wasn't perfect either. Davis was a great coach in two respects: (1) organizationally; and (2) recrooting - that mother fucker can recrute. He was, at best, an average game-day coach. If I'm coaching Miami at Washington in 2000, and I wish I had been, I take the game out of Dorsey's hands and I put it in Clinton Portis'. I do that, and we're undefeated in 2000 and win another title.

Sometimes, you don't need the full package. If Richt can recroot, and he can, and if he can get the right coordinators in place - Manny Diaz was a damn good start - he may well be all they need.
    Nobody but you cares about guys getting drafted in the first round. I like Ross, King, Baker all the same because they won. I didn't give a flying fuck when Locker or Danny Shelton were picked early.

The U has slipped because you haven't won shit in a long time. Not because you only had one first round pick. Last three coaches before Ricky... Coker, Shannon, and Fred Flintstone. Your program sucks until proven otherwise.
    You seem upset. And you're lying.
    How so?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    S/O @creepycoug miami had like fucking 9 players drafted. team still sucked.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Mark my words: Stacey Coley in the 7th round will be the steal of the draft.

Stoopid. Guarantee he'll be as good or better than any WR taken before him.

I have no idea who you are referencing.
    If you don't know you better axe someone.
  • Options

dnc said:

@creepycoug U finally makes an appearance at pick 29.

It's sad to see how far the Canes have fallen.

Very true. I was however shocked to see they currently have the #1 recruiting class on 24/7. I would never trust Richt, but the right coach could dominate at Miami. I think even a pretty good coach could contend pretty frequently in the ACC.

Swinney is creating a monster and FSU is good, but it's an easy conference to make noise in. It doesn't hurt they are located in one of, if not the best recruiting areas and have the best NFL alumni base of any college program.
    The U has fallen for having one guy in the 1st round? Remind me how many runs the U of the NW has had sans a player in the first round.

Really? Are we going to do this?

FSU has topped out with Jumbo ... they're not going to be better. Oh, sure, he'll put together more good teams, some will be better than others, but we've already seen their upside, and Miami is already catching them.

Dumbo at Clempsun? Same thing. He's finally got over the hump with a one-in-10 year QB. Kinda like Mariotta, they're not going to have a Watson under center every year. Come on. That kid is speshul as all get out, and he's THE reason they won the title ... by the skin of their asses I might add. Axe yourself what happens if they're not playing against a QB who rides the short bus running plays called by an O coordinator who drives it? Answer, they looze.

You would NEVER trust Richt? Based on what? He was a fairly consistent 9, 10, 11 win guy with a couple seasons better ... 9-5 in bowels w/ a cup 'o la shuguz, and, all jokes aside, played in a tuff confrunce at a 1.B-tier program. His 3.4 GPA in the SEC is no less respectable than Peterman's 3.8 GPA in the Retard Conference he played in. It's like comparing a kid who had a B average majoring in physics at MIT with a kid who had an A- average majoring in communicashuns at Wazzoo.

I'm not saying this guy is the second cumming of Jimmy Johnson, but LIPO. He's the very first adult in charge of that progrum since Butch left on his fateful trip to Cleveland. He may just get them back.

Keep in mind Davis wasn't perfect either. Davis was a great coach in two respects: (1) organizationally; and (2) recrooting - that mother fucker can recrute. He was, at best, an average game-day coach. If I'm coaching Miami at Washington in 2000, and I wish I had been, I take the game out of Dorsey's hands and I put it in Clinton Portis'. I do that, and we're undefeated in 2000 and win another title.

Sometimes, you don't need the full package. If Richt can recroot, and he can, and if he can get the right coordinators in place - Manny Diaz was a damn good start - he may well be all they need.
    Nobody but you cares about guys getting drafted in the first round. I like Ross, King, Baker all the same because they won. I didn't give a flying fuck when Locker or Danny Shelton were picked early.

The U has slipped because you haven't won shit in a long time. Not because you only had one first round pick. Last three coaches before Ricky... Coker, Shannon, and Fred Flintstone. Your program sucks until proven otherwise.
    You seem upset. And you're lying.
    How so?
    You know!
  • Options

Fuck you! 7-11 time.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Fuck you! 7-11 time.
    sure
  • Options

Fuck you! 7-11 time.
    sure
    That's ghey.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Just a garbage draft by the Seahawks so far.

I really like what the Hawks did in this draft. Finally got some players on the interior of that D-Line who can rush the passer (although they are both pretty raw still).

I wish they would have addressed the O-Line a little more but this O-line class is just bad. No point in drafting for need. Take BPA and I think in many cases they did that.
    Taking three safeties and one OL is terrible.
    I doubt the safeties will all stay as safeties. Some will be turned into corners (as this staff has done a couple of times already). As the NFL gets more and more pass happy the Nickle defense will be even more common. Thus we will need to carry more and more DB's. If there is one thing this staff has shown it can evaluate it is defensive backs.

This is also probably the worst NFL draft for offensive lineman in a long time. Our O-Line is going to be bad and unless we would have drafted Bolles (the only OL I really wanted) not much would change if we would have picked Robinson or Lamp (the two prospects most 12's wanted).
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,630
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Losers lose. Just like they would have lost in 1991.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fuck you! 7-11 time.
    sure
    That's ghey.
    Only because you ignore the blonde in blue sporting a lovely camel toe
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

Losers lose. Just like they would have lost in 1991.
    We don't deal in hypotheticals here.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Mathis would be a pretty solid pick up for a 7th round pick.

UDFA for #MyTexans
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Props to @salemcoog on the King call

Thanks. The Pack needed him. I was about ready to shoot Ted Thompson for trading the first rd pick but it worked out well.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fuck you! 7-11 time.
    sure
    Thats a good pair of titties