Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIALNFL Draft thread

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I don't like Tampa Bay because of Koetter and Winston just isn't disciplined enough, although he seems like a leader.

I would be surprised if Winston doesn't play in a Super Bowl ... I agree though that it probably doesn't happen under Cookie Cutter
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Engram is a great option for Eli ... they've probably got about 2-4 years left with Eli before they have to basically go in another direction.

That offense is stacked right now if they can get anything out of RB.

But yeah Eli doesn't have a ton left.
    Eli is the same as ever though. Not a top tier QB, but he's always had the ability to reach that level for 3-4 games in the playoffs.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Engram is a great option for Eli ... they've probably got about 2-4 years left with Eli before they have to basically go in another direction.

That offense is stacked right now if they can get anything out of RB.

But yeah Eli doesn't have a ton left.
    Eli is the same as ever though. Not a top tier QB, but he's always had the ability to reach that level for 3-4 games in the playoffs.
    Agree. Eli DGAF which hurts him week in week out during the season but helps him during the playoffs.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Hawks have the ability to go after Lamp or King ... this is good news ... perhaps even room to trade down and get another pick
    Tequilla said:

Hawks have the ability to go after Lamp or King ... this is good news ... perhaps even room to trade down and get another pick

Or Reuben Foster gets to fish our? rivers after all!
    But I hope they trade down. King, Lamp, Bolles and Melifonwu were the four I wanted to pick from and three of them are still there, as are Ramczyk and Robinson. If the rumors of ATL wanting to trade up are true I'm all over that.
    Peppers to da Browns.
    dnc said:

But I hope they trade down. King, Lamp, Bolles and Melifonwu were the four I wanted to pick from and three of them are still there, as are Ramczyk and Robinson. If the rumors of ATL wanting to trade up are true I'm all over that.

I love King, but if we can trade down we should. There are a lot of good CB's available. I think Witherspoon would be a stud for us. I didn't realize until today he only allowed 26% completions this year. They shut down UW's passing in the championship game. Those guys are good too.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    dnc said:

Peppers to da Browns.

i don't really get why people high on him. He sux at coverage.
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Or Reuben Foster gets to fish our? rivers after all!
    Would not mind him at all. Impact guy. We have a LB spot open and Wright is getting older. I know we need OL, but the last thing I want is an average OL. We need core guys for the next run.

dnc said:

Peppers to da Browns.

He's okay, but overhyped. Similar to Shaq. Pretty good all around, but nothing special overall.
    Hawks trade down!
    Foster, Lamp, King, Obi on the bored, would be thrilled with any of them after trading down 5 spots. Would be happy with Watt too.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

dnc said:

Peppers to da Browns.

He's okay, but overhyped. Similar to Shaq. Pretty good all around, but nothing special overall.
    Would you waste a first round pick on project?

dnc said:

Peppers to da Browns.

Flatbed.gif
    Hawks pick up ATL's third rounder (they have four now) and seventh rounder.

I'd expect the Hawks to trade up in round 2.

dnc said:

Peppers to da Browns.

Would you waste a first round pick on project?
    He's not really a project. Solid SS imo. I just hate the bullshit hype like he's going to help at RB, play CB, or be a big time returner. He can't and even if he does, the impact is minimal.

John Ross or McCaffrey is a potential big time returner. Peppers? No guy 215 that runs a 4.5+ is going to be a big time threat returning kicks.

Good call on the Falcons trade Tequilla. I'm taking the credit for you becoming a smarter fan. I've pushed you out of idiocy and into a solid arm chair GM.

I called that. Teq called trading them Sherman.

Takk McKinley with the F bomb on live Draft TV!