Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Yeah, Biggins said they do one after the all america games. I think he said Garbers, Murao, and Redman will likely see the biggest rise. He also said he likes Smalls where hes at but I bet he goes down to a 4 star

I bet he stays a 5 star but drops in the numerical rankings.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,304
    dnc said:

Yeah, Biggins said they do one after the all america games. I think he said Garbers, Murao, and Redman will likely see the biggest rise. He also said he likes Smalls where hes at but I bet he goes down to a 4 star

Yeah they don't like dropping stars, would have to admit they were wrong

dnc said:

Also it's based on pro potential and Smalls has as much potential as he ever did.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

dnc said:

Disrespect is unreal
  • TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    Doesn’t seem super explosive in the game but it’s a small sample size
  • OneNippleOneNipple Member Posts: 179

Doesn’t seem super explosive in the game but it’s a small sample size

Asking for a Fren, but can you give me examples of being explosive vs super explosive?
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,444 Standard Supporter
    He got trucked a couple times. Also his senior year stats are really weird for a 5 star.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,304
    Savell had a sack to basically end the game, was mostly a coverage sack but he had a really nice pass rush move the play before
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,740 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Of course you’d say this.

Savell had a sack to basically end the game, was mostly a coverage sack but he had a really nice pass rush move the play before

Yeah that was a cleanup sack. Coverage was good and someone else collapsed the pocket and he stuck with it to finish the play.

dtd said:

He got trucked a couple times. Also his senior year stats are really weird for a 5 star.

He’s got a ways to go. He has potential but he’s not a real 5 star that you would expect. I know they say the ratings are for NFL potential, but most fans expect a 5 star to be immediate contributors. He could have a role this year, but it won’t be much. We are fucked if he’s a key player year one. I’ve been saying it for months. It’s going to be a year or two until he does anything.

Nobody has been impressed by his play in awhile. I like him, but the hype has always been overblown. That’s not bashing him, it’s just what it is right now.
    He didn't even have 30 tackles as a senior. I wish Oregon had landed him, but yeah, he's overrated until he isn't.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dtd said:

dtd said:

He’s got a ways to go. He has potential but he’s not a real 5 star that you would expect. I know they say the ratings are for NFL potential, but most fans expect a 5 star to be immediate contributors. He could have a role this year, but it won’t be much. We are fucked if he’s a key player year one. I’ve been saying it for months. It’s going to be a year or two until he does anything.

Nobody has been impressed by his play in awhile. I like him, but the hype has always been overblown. That’s not bashing him, it’s just what it is right now.
    He didn't even have 30 tackles as a senior. I wish Oregon had landed him, but yeah, he's overrated until he isn't.
    Not sure how reliable those stats are. I know he at least had a few tackles against Woodinville, but they aren’t listed on MaxPreps.

He coasted after getting tons of offers his sophomore year.

The concerning part is that he wasn’t mentioned in the UA practices report and when he went to the local camp at PLU, he lost his battles against a Puyallup OT. A 5 star DL should be enough in Washington high school football to at least be respectable against the run. Woodinville ran all over them all night. It’s a team game but I’ve seen 3 star guys from Washington single handily keep their team in the game. I used to play against a few of them.

If you can’t currently get it done in those type of settings, it’s not magically going to happen initially at UW.

He needs to be developed. I’m not sure if it’s a motivation issue or if he’s just not that good. EWIWBI.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    wow bunch a mean and racist post up in here. Can't believe this place, might considerer going and hurting myself now.
    Rivals National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell (who sucks) wasn't impressed:

Sav’ell Smalls, a five-star as well, will also be debated. He had a solid game but didn’t stand out much this week and I don’t see him as a freaky hybrid athlete. I expected more.

I would guess he drops to a 4 star on Rivals but stays as a 5 star on 247. ESPN stopped paying attention months ago so I doubt he moves there. So he should stay as a 5 star on Composite unless he drops bigly on Rivals, which I doubt.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I think Smalls has been talked up a bit too much by certain Twitter pros. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it into 4 games in 2020. The base is there though, if he works hard he could be special