Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Domicillo said:
    Kwat is gonna turn him into a beast. I don’t expect a ton from him his first year, but hopefully he flashes by the end of the year and is ready to take over for Tryon, who I think could be playing his last year at UW next year.
    Tyron, Tupuola-Fetui, Trice, Latu and Smalls is one hell of a group. Coach K has a lot of talent to work with and he deserves credit for stepping his game up in recruiting.
    I hope they move tupuola inside. Tryon looks like will be ready next year
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

So we have different sects of dawg fans fighting... like the bloods and the crips.

I supper the bloods
    Any idea which side puppy is on?
    I just died. YVBFE
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

Domicillo said:
    Kwat is gonna turn him into a beast. I don’t expect a ton from him his first year, but hopefully he flashes by the end of the year and is ready to take over for Tryon, who I think could be playing his last year at UW next year.
    Tyron, Tupuola-Fetui, Trice, Latu and Smalls is one hell of a group. Coach K has a lot of talent to work with and he deserves credit for stepping his game up in recruiting.
    You're confusing Tupuola and Tuputala, Zion is 270
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Domicillo said:
    You're confusing Tupuola and Tuputala, Zion is 270
    @FireCohen is naive and borderline racist
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:
    This is why I’m confused about recruiting tho. Kwat gets credit for Smalls and Latu, but Gregory doesn’t get credit for Heimuli, Calvert, etc?

Latu and Smalls didn’t come to UW because of Kwat. I love Kwat but Latu came because the poly movement and Smalls came mainly because he’s a hometown kid and his family wanted him at UW.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Domicillo said:
    This is why I’m confused about recruiting tho. Kwat gets credit for Smalls and Latu, but Gregory doesn’t get credit for Heimuli, Calvert, etc?

Latu and Smalls didn’t come to UW because of Kwat. I love Kwat but Latu came because the poly movement and Smalls came mainly because he’s a hometown kid and his family wanted him at UW.
    And UW Twitter, don't forget them.
    And DESPITE @dawg206
    FTG
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Domicillo said:

Yeah but he got Trice and Zion.

Last years LBer class has proven to be the anomaly with Gregory and it’s not like he’s done a good job at developing...
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

That really has to hurt the Cuogs, coming from a guy they thought was probably, maybe, definitely going to possibly go there.
    If it wasn't for the Tyee Air Corpse in the 2018 Apple Cup, he would have.
  • Options

Domicillo said:

Kawasaki’s players don’t play like shit. Even psalm was serviceable. So if Gregory’s players were not such a fucking liability he cAn stay. Also there are more LB sized players than edge guys
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Domicillo said:

Kawasaki’s players don’t play like shit. Even psalm was serviceable. So if Gregory’s players were not such a fucking liability he cAn stay. Also there are more LB sized players than edge guys
    Our pass rush, specifically our Bucks and Sams were worse than our ILB’s most years since these coaches have been here.

It is what it is. Many play mental gymnastics to give credit and blame where they want. We all know it too.
  • Options

FireCohen said:

Domicillo said:

Our pass rush, specifically our Bucks and Sams were worse than our ILB’s most years since these coaches have been here.

It is what it is. Many play mental gymnastics to give credit and blame where they want. We all know it too.
    Dude they did not generate a pass rush, but they knew their assignments in terms of the run
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Domicillo said:

Dude they did not generate a pass rush, but they knew their assignments in terms of the run
    That’s the coaching aspect. The no pass rush shit was a recruiting issue. We have dudes now. Look at what Tryon has done this year.