Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

* If you don't think that there's a significant portion of black people who think white people only like or tolerate them for singing/playing sports/dancing/etc your one black friend must not have shared that with you. And if you don't understand how that could make someone bitter, then I don't know what to tell you.

* If that is the problem, and you think that problem can be solved with a phone call like "Hey Savvy, it's Coach Pete. Just wanted to make sure you know we're not really systemically racist here, so we're all good?" I don't think that can happen.

Truthfully, I don’t know how someone can change that perception if held

Most differences in life require open mindedness to find middle ground ... society in general right now suggests that that openness isn’t existing from multiple sides
    I'm loving the hypocrisy of the most wokey dudes on these boreds as they drive home the point of the supposed OKG racism angle while blasting far and wide every historical stereotype they can think of about black people, to wit, "singing/playing sports/dancing/etc."

Christ. Since I know this is headed down the "professional sports are modern day slavery and owners are like the plantation owners of the past" road, I will tune this thread out right now, before it gets even more pathetic and predictable.
    If that was your takeaway from my comments then you missed the mark
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

* If you don't think that there's a significant portion of black people who think white people only like or tolerate them for singing/playing sports/dancing/etc your one black friend must not have shared that with you. And if you don't understand how that could make someone bitter, then I don't know what to tell you.

* If that is the problem, and you think that problem can be solved with a phone call like "Hey Savvy, it's Coach Pete. Just wanted to make sure you know we're not really systemically racist here, so we're all good?" I don't think that can happen.

Truthfully, I don’t know how someone can change that perception if held

Most differences in life require open mindedness to find middle ground ... society in general right now suggests that that openness isn’t existing from multiple sides
    I'm loving the hypocrisy of the most wokey dudes on these boreds as they drive home the point of the supposed OKG racism angle while blasting far and wide every historical stereotype they can think of about black people, to wit, "singing/playing sports/dancing/etc."

Christ. Since I know this is headed down the "professional sports are modern day slavery and owners are like the plantation owners of the past" road, I will tune this thread out right now, before it gets even more pathetic and predictable.
    If that was your takeaway from my comments then you missed the mark
    Wasn't responding to your comment, nor taking issue with it. Mainly taking issue with the comment you were responding to, but too lazy to scroll backwards on a 105 page thread. So sue me.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Will be the ultimate troll recruiting move come 2020. Cook it.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    edited May 2019
    Saracen said:

If we lose this kid, I will kill everyone.
    bump

*edited to add ...from way back on page 3.

Is there a You're killing me JT gif somewhere that we can use to for our next swing and miss?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Meanwhile, over at doogman... Someone with the screen name GeeScott (went through his posting history, seems likely it's actually him) has jumped in the Smalls thread. Not combative in any way, seems pretty reasonable about everything.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,989
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

This thread has me in the mood to do some shopping online

DDY has this shit! When we did that snuff film I made him take it off.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

What kind of fucking bone to pick with UW does Tre Watson have?
    Negatively recruiting your own Alma mater with a coach you never played for is really low. High quality characters sark was recruiting.

Probably a telephone kind of thing. We know some of Sark's kids didn't deal with the culture change well. Peters, Troy, Sample to name a few. I'm sure they were calling their friends and former teammates like Tre to complain. So Tre gets only one side of the story.

Similar to the NFL GM parroting the story about McGary in the weight room as a freshman. Considering there is only one member of that team now playing for an AFC team I think that story could easily have been passed through to someone who wasn't actually there but was loyal to Sark like an ASJ.
    Is there more than one Sample? Drew Sample?
    James
    James Sample was run by Sark well before Pete got there.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    And people wonder why Oregon can make OKG out to be racist...
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    haven't really been following ruth's board lately, mostly out of self preservation and trying to avoid recruiting shit as much as possible. Finally took a look tonight and found this tidbit.

not gonna pretend like ruth is gospel but this would definitely explain the rumors about him feuding with current players.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Is Feuding is the OKG way of saying Beefin?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:

haven't really been following ruth's board lately, mostly out of self preservation and trying to avoid recruiting shit as much as possible. Finally took a look tonight and found this tidbit.

not gonna pretend like ruth is gospel but this would definitely explain the rumors about him feuding with current players.

I could be misremembering, but hasn't Smalls grown up fairly well off? I mean, he goes to and has previously attended a private Catholic high school.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dhdawg said:

I could be misremembering, but hasn't Smalls grown up fairly well off? I mean, he goes to and has previously attended a private Catholic high school.
    yep, seems weird
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

At least on the surface this is true.