Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Meek said:

Gladstone said:

I still can’t believe he dropped us. It pains me in the deepest recesses of my heart, a nightmare crafted upon the darkest darkness. Go Dawgs!

yep.

and if he's hyping WSU on twitter then he still has us on blast and that's downright troubling that he is so pissed off with UW that he just continues to fire away publicly (albeit passive aggressively).

who woulda thunk that when we climbed almost to the top of the mountain of college football that we'd fucking trip on our own laces and fall off a cliff instead of planting a flag at the summit.
    Disagree

Tells me he still cares ... there’s always a chance when someone cares
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Meek said:

Gladstone said:

I still can’t believe he dropped us. It pains me in the deepest recesses of my heart, a nightmare crafted upon the darkest darkness. Go Dawgs!

yep.

and if he's hyping WSU on twitter then he still has us on blast and that's downright troubling that he is so pissed off with UW that he just continues to fire away publicly (albeit passive aggressively).

who woulda thunk that when we climbed almost to the top of the mountain of college football that we'd fucking trip on our own laces and fall off a cliff instead of planting a flag at the summit.
    Disagree

Tells me he still cares ... there’s always a chance when someone cares
    No chance with Smalls.

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

What player? What beef? Why is this a national secret?

Van Soderberg. This has been covered extensively. PM @bearcats6969 for more details.
    why is this turd on the team in the first place?
  • Options
    Avatarsare4fagsAvatarsare4fags Member Posts: 125
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Smalls is a smart kid that views himself as a 1st rounder. Hey smart kid here is a lesson on Probability and Statistics. I looked at every 1st rounder from our state since 86. I'm not sure who was from WA before there abouts. If I missed anyone then type

2019 Andre Dillard-Wsu
    Kaleb McGary-UW
    2015 Danny Shelton -UW
    2013 Desmond Trufant -UW
    2012 David Decastro- Stan
    2011 Jake Locker-UW
    2008 Jonathon Stewart-Ore
    2004 Reggie Williams-UW
    2003 Marcus Trufant-WSU
    Tyler Brayton-Colo
    1995 Mark Bruener-UW
    1993 Drew Bledsoe-WSU
    1992 Steve Emtman-UW

Notice leaving the state drastically hurts your chances. And leaving the west....good luck being a non-statistic. Maybe you want to hurt your chances to be a first rounder and have your parents go to more of your games. That's on you but realize UW is changing their ways because of you, and if you change yours you will increase the the chance to add your name to this list.

Sincerely,
    Probabability and Statistics

• Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Smalls is a smart kid that views himself as a 1st rounder. Hey smart kid here is a lesson on Probability and Statistics. I looked at every 1st rounder from our state since 86. I'm not sure who was from WA before there abouts. If I missed anyone then type

2019 Andre Dillard-Wsu
    Kaleb McGary-UW
    2015 Danny Shelton -UW
    2013 Desmond Trufant -UW
    2012 David Decastro- Stan
    2011 Jake Locker-UW
    2008 Jonathon Stewart-Ore
    2004 Reggie Williams-UW
    2003 Marcus Trufant-WSU
    Tyler Brayton-Colo
    1995 Mark Bruener-UW
    1993 Drew Bledsoe-WSU
    1992 Steve Emtman-UW

Notice leaving the state drastically hurts your chances. And leaving the west....good luck being a non-statistic. Maybe you want to hurt your chances to be a first rounder and have your parents go to more of your games. That's on you but realize UW is changing their ways because of you, and if you change yours you will increase the the chance to add your name to this list.

Sincerely,
    Probabability and Statistics

If only somebody with connects and some training in statistics would start a recruiting website.....

Think this is an interesting comment, but I'd probably approach it differently. I noticed when I was looking at how well Clemson has recently recruited S. Carolina compared to the UW & Washington, and the more recent trend of top prospects leaving the West altogether, that over the past handful of years for which we have NFL data, most of those top prospects that left the West didn't do jack shit. Now, I know that most prospects don't make the NFL or even college all-star teams, but their "hit rate" seemed even lower than normal.

Instead of looking at 1st-rounders, somebody with skills and time on their hands (Andrew Percival? RedmondLonghorn?) should incorporate that into the "should be NFL vs. were NFL" data. IOW, use 247's composite rating to see where a given recruit "should" have been drafted (with that being the bottom cutoff), and instead of just looking at which *schools* helped them reach that draft position, see if there was a difference between outcomes (vs. expected) for region/conference. Those that left vs. those that stayed behind. Could also consider transfer/dropout rate while they're at it.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,906
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
    People in that thread so fucking ignorant.

Smalls going to love the Souwf!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2019

I’ve always said there’s only one place for him outside of UDUB and that’s Clemson.

Would not blame him. Dabo is a real winner
  • Options

FirePete said:

I’ve always said there’s only one place for him outside of UDUB and that’s Clemson.

And publicly against Kaepernick, has some weird quotes about players rights, etc. but here we are, a kid thinking we’re racist while singing the praises of Mike Leach, Eugene Oregon, Sark, and South Carolina.

Amazing messaging, effort, & persistence from Pete to allow this to happen.
    @Dennis_DeYoung like to say we can be like Clemson, I high disagree with that. Pete won’t get there because he does not get after it on the recruiting trail like dabo does.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

And publicly against Kaepernick, has some weird quotes about players rights, etc. but here we are, a kid thinking we’re racist while singing the praises of Mike Leach, Eugene Oregon, Sark, and South Carolina.

@Dennis_DeYoung like to say we can be like Clemson, I high disagree with that. Pete won’t get there because he does not get after it on the recruiting trail like dabo does.
    Can = / = will

hth
  • Options

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Can = / = will

hth
    My engrish comprehension has never that <
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    As dumb as this may sound, Smalls will be watching Mcdaniels’ one year at UW. Different sport or not, if UW basketball makes a run and McDaniels is treated like a hometown hero (he will be), it’ll impact Smalls. He knows that can be him if he takes us to the same stage in football.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

dawgs206 said:

As dumb as this may sound, Smalls will be watching Mcdaniels’ one year at UW. Different sport or not, if UW basketball makes a run and McDaniels is treated like a hometown hero (he will be), it’ll impact Smalls. He knows that can be him if he takes us to the same stage in football.

He’ll have signed somewhere before that takes place

Nice wishful dooging
    yes.

smalls proactively going to brendan hoffman to write a story that publicly blows a fuck you kiss at UW means the ship has sailed.

as we say, he gone.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019
    Tequilla said:

dawgs206 said:

He’ll have signed somewhere before that takes place

Nice wishful dooging

We have all of November and beginning of December to raise up McDaniels, if he isn't already a hero before the season starts.

Out of conference games and summer ball is where hometown heros are born.

Obviously dawg206 was talking about the Dawgs making a run in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational tournament.