Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Also from Sonics 1993:

"The sad part is I’ve heard one of the main people nega-recruiting UW is Tre Watson a former Dawg who also went to Kennedy.”

I've now taken the dog on four walks since the Savvy news after backing off the ledge...and just spent the last hour revisiting reality on this board and Doogman (subscription ends in July, thank god). My dumb-ass finally realized that Mario Cristobal played under Jimmy Johnson at Miami and was an assistant in the SEC. Why should we be surprised by his strategy? It's a tag-team effort between him and Taggart, with former Taggart holdovers in Cristobal's ear.

What I am surprised by, based on everything I've devoured about Savvy, is that he is buying it.

I'd kill to get the truth from Tracy Ford. Maybe he's Sonics1993?

Fuck it. OKG elitism perception aside, I'm not sure how Malloe, Lake, and Pete are supposed to respond to this shit, especially if Savvy is throwing shade at current UW players. I really have a hard time believing that Malloe and Lake fucked this up based on their track records.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Beno4Life said:

Also from Sonics 1993:

"The sad part is I’ve heard one of the main people nega-recruiting UW is Tre Watson a former Dawg who also went to Kennedy.”

I've now taken the dog on four walks since the Savvy news after backing off the ledge...and just spent the last hour revisiting reality on this board and Doogman (subscription ends in July, thank god). My dumb-ass finally realized that Mario Cristobal played under Jimmy Johnson at Miami and was an assistant in the SEC. Why should we be surprised by his strategy? It's a tag-team effort between him and Taggart, with former Taggart holdovers in Cristobal's ear.

What I am surprised by, based on everything I've devoured about Savvy, is that he is buying it.

Fuck it. OKG elitism perception aside, I'm not sure how Malloe, Lake, and Pete are supposed to respond to this shit, especially if Savvy is throwing shade at current UW players. I really have a hard time believing that Malloe and Lake fucked this up based on their track records.

Tre Watson never played for Pete. What the shit? Fuckin' Benedict Arnold.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I

Beno4Life said:

Also from Sonics 1993:

Tre Watson never played for Pete. What the shit? Fuckin' Benedict Arnold.
    And he was shitty at football s/o Sark
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I rarely play the part of the glass half full guy, but here goes... This is far from over. It's May, and awfully warm for December.

Putting out an article with the sole purpose of saying Fuck You to UW reads like an emotional overreaction to something. "Sounds like you care," in recruit form, basically. UW's definitely in a shitty spot right now, but it's not the worst spot. I'd rather be here than given a pity spot in a top 6 (s/o Cuog) when in reality the kid is apathetic and never seriously considering coming here.

It's like a girl saying she fucking hates you and never wants to talk to you ever again after a fight ... in reality you're going to beat again in a week or two once the dust settles. It sucks in the moment, but you jerk off in the interim and let her get over it. Compare that to going on a couple dates, it's okay but you never click, maybe get a courtesy kiss, but it's obviously not going anywhere.

You can flip an emotional reaction because there's something to work with; you're dead in the water once apathy sets in.

Well, if the Sonics1993 rumor is true, Pete slammed the door in Savell's face. Something pretty serious must have went down.
    Well yeah, Pete's going to stick to his guns. He's not the type to let a bitch go buck wild and break shit in his living room then let her stay the night. You tell her to get the fuck out. She'll stew about it, tell all her friends how shitty of a guy you are, text her ex, play games, etc... but she's just being her emotional self. She'll come back around and if what she's throwing down is good enough, you'll let her.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So many goodies to parse through here.

* Whoever said libel suit has no idea how big the burden of proof is in any defamation case. They also don't know about discovery, and there isn't a single P-5 or even D1 school who wants you snooping around their recruiting. That's before you get to the point that no one in the university administration would approve this type of lawsuit, let alone one against a conference member. It would be the worst publicity, a public school suing another public school for alleging they are racist? I've said this like five fucking times, but plant the seed that someone or something is racist and watch it grow.

* If you don't think that there's a significant portion of black people who think white people only like or tolerate them for singing/playing sports/dancing/etc your one black friend must not have shared that with you. And if you don't understand how that could make someone bitter, then I don't know what to tell you.

* If that is the problem, and you think that problem can be solved with a phone call like "Hey Savvy, it's Coach Pete. Just wanted to make sure you know we're not really systemically racist here, so we're all good?" I don't think that can happen.

* Willie Taggart is a little bitch who is doing everything possible to show he deserved the FSU job and is not a shit coach who rode Quinton Flowers and Royce Freeman into better jobs. His strength is recruiting, and FSU is recruiting lower than they did with Jumbo Contract Fisher. Getting a 5-star from the NW as part of a good recruiting class will make his impending 5-7 season look better. Taggart is a damn fine recruiter. If Smalls isn't into racism he should see what happens at FSU if and when Taggart has another shit season. I'll take the over on nooses seen on their campus, a safe bet since they've already had issues there with that.

* I don't know what Dan Mullen is doing, but he's an actual football coach who is good at coaching football. Mississippi State has had a lot of NFL players he brought in, and not just because he lucked on proximity to talent. Having said that, fuck Florida.

* I was 99% sure he was going to Washington, although Oregon people were pretty confident. It will be interesting to see how long his recruitment plays out, but if Oregon is having a great year and KT is playing up to hype then they'll continue to throw the kitchen sink.

* Strongest WDWHA I've ever seen. Last week Smalls was a renaissance man, a smart kid that's a generational pass rushing talent for the region. Now he's a gullible dumbass that Petersman pulled an offer from.

Willy rode dick. Other than that, agree.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ultimate IDWHA hawt take: not that great, we'll live.

Obviously very good, I don't know what makes DDY say he's the most important recruit in UW history. Is it about the player, or about conferring some light on the program, a symbol of our ascension? A referendum on OKG?

A sad day, and frustrating, particularly if you believe the rumors about negative recruiting. I'll still trust in Pete until the results tell me otherwise. I'll give him a chance to win his way.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

* If you don't think that there's a significant portion of black people who think white people only like or tolerate them for singing/playing sports/dancing/etc your one black friend must not have shared that with you. And if you don't understand how that could make someone bitter, then I don't know what to tell you.

* If that is the problem, and you think that problem can be solved with a phone call like "Hey Savvy, it's Coach Pete. Just wanted to make sure you know we're not really systemically racist here, so we're all good?" I don't think that can happen.

Truthfully, I don’t know how someone can change that perception if held

Most differences in life require open mindedness to find middle ground ... society in general right now suggests that that openness isn’t existing from multiple sides
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

RealRhino said:

Ultimate IDWHA hawt take: not that great, we'll live.

Obviously very good, I don't know what makes DDY say he's the most important recruit in UW history. Is it about the player, or about conferring some light on the program, a symbol of our ascension? A referendum on OKG?

A sad day, and frustrating, particularly if you believe the rumors about negative recruiting. I'll still trust in Pete until the results tell me otherwise. I'll give him a chance to win his way.

For me it's really just timing. It's the combination of being so close to the top already, with two glaring talent weaknesses to this point (QB and edge rush) with the other of those weaknesses apparently addressed in Eason and Huard (and maybe Sirmon).

That leaves edge.

When you combine that with the struggles to get 5 star commits, struggles to get elite black kids, and the plethora of in state studs coming behind Smalls, he just seemed positioned to address damn near every weakness this program has had.

Instead he's going to be the poster child for them.

Super frustrating.
    Instead it’s brought them even further into the light for more and more people to see. The 3rd paragraph issues described will only get worse before they get better.

Dickman is going to strike out with the best local run of talent every seen.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

What kind of fucking bone to pick with UW Oregon does Tre Watson Keanon Lowe have?
    Negatively recruiting your own Alma mater with a coach you never played for is really low. High quality characters sark Chip was recruiting.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    You fucking idiots are way off base on this one. It doesn’t have to do with Oregon. Sav’ell’s mom definitely does not trust the Oregon staff. It’s something behind the scenes to get a reaction like this.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

What kind of fucking bone to pick with UW does Tre Watson have?
    Negatively recruiting your own Alma mater with a coach you never played for is really low. High quality characters sark was recruiting.

Probably a telephone kind of thing. We know some of Sark's kids didn't deal with the culture change well. Peters, Troy, Sample to name a few. I'm sure they were calling their friends and former teammates like Tre to complain. So Tre gets only one side of the story.

Similar to the NFL GM parroting the story about McGary in the weight room as a freshman. Considering there is only one member of that team now playing for an AFC team I think that story could easily have been passed through to someone who wasn't actually there but was loyal to Sark like an ASJ.