Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

What kind of fucking bone to pick with UW does Tre Watson have?
    Negatively recruiting your own Alma mater with a coach you never played for is really low. High quality characters sark was recruiting.

Probably a telephone kind of thing. We know some of Sark's kids didn't deal with the culture change well. Peters, Troy, Sample to name a few. I'm sure they were calling their friends and former teammates like Tre to complain. So Tre gets only one side of the story.

Similar to the NFL GM parroting the story about McGary in the weight room as a freshman. Considering there is only one member of that team now playing for an AFC team I think that story could easily have been passed through to someone who wasn't actually there but was loyal to Sark like an ASJ.
    Is there more than one Sample? Drew Sample?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Isn’t this the same kid that was going to every husky hoop game, sitting in the student section getting mad love with a huge grin on his face a month of so ago.
    Can’t wait to hear the real story.

Hmm interesting.

Lends credence to the rumor of specific beef with individual players.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

RealRhino said:

Ultimate IDWHA hawt take: not that great, we'll live.

Obviously very good, I don't know what makes DDY say he's the most important recruit in UW history. Is it about the player, or about conferring some light on the program, a symbol of our ascension? A referendum on OKG?

A sad day, and frustrating, particularly if you believe the rumors about negative recruiting. I'll still trust in Pete until the results tell me otherwise. I'll give him a chance to win his way.

For me it's really just timing. It's the combination of being so close to the top already, with two glaring talent weaknesses to this point (QB and edge rush) with the other of those weaknesses apparently addressed in Eason and Huard (and maybe Sirmon).

That leaves edge.

When you combine that with the struggles to get 5 star commits, struggles to get elite black kids, and the plethora of in state studs coming behind Smalls, he just seemed positioned to address damn near every weakness this program has had.

Instead he's going to be the poster child for them.

Super frustrating.
    Instead it’s brought them even further into the light for more and more people to see. The 3rd paragraph issues described will only get worse before they get better.

Dickman is going to strike out with the best local run of talent every seen.

Free pub!!

#dickman
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Isn’t this the same kid that was going to every husky hoop game, sitting in the student section getting mad love with a huge grin on his face a month of so ago.
    Can’t wait to hear the real story.

Hmm interesting.

Lends credence to the rumor of specific beef with individual players.
    I'll wait to hear from @RhythmicSlappingDawg on the deets
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    somebody spill the fucking beans. Who is Savvy beefing with, which current players?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Nobody has mentioned Johnny Nansen as a possibility here. I just did.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Smalls clearly has an issue, but I still doubt it's about OKG being racist. If his problem is with racism at all, I would wager it's a lot more likely he just happened to stumble across this board: a collection of people who clearly think racism is funny, where the ratio of black posters to prominent white posters claiming to be black (with flowing blonde locks in one case) is apparently 0:3, and where you can read several dissertations on the racism inherent in the OKG system.

This forum claims to be the vanguard of high standards and accountability in UW football and football recruiting. Ironically, there's probably no bigger source of negative recruiting material against UW than what can be found here. If somebody wants proof that the Washington fanbase is one big loaf of white bread baked in a tiki torch oven, you can read all about it right here.

Yes. Everything you say about this board is true.

The rest of your post makes far too many assumptions about comments being "provable" or there being a "libel suit." You think oregon is the first program that told a recruit that another program is racist? Come on, dude. It's happened several times before.

Quiet conversations by oregon's staff are easily covered up, and hard to prove. I ABSOLUTELY think cristobal would recruit like this. He is a piece of shit, and would have no trouble denying the awful lies he makes about Petersen and the UW program. And, he probably only says such things to a small number of recruits who are dumb enough to believe him. It's surely not a widespread tactic.

Right now we live in a country where somebody can be quoted on camera saying something, then deny they ever said it...and people fucking believe him. A successful libel suit against cristobal for verbally telling Smalls that OKG disfavors black players? Good luck.
    Are you referring to the "Nazis are Fine People Hoax" again, Passion?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

According to the guy who first started talking about this on dawgman, Smalls apparently has now also taken shots at and insulted current UW players and UW has shut the door on him. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds but something really set this kid off.

I hope he called Jaxson Kirkland ugly and then goes to Oregon. That is my wish.

Fuck this jive ass though. He's apparently just another Thibodeaux. I don't blame Pete one bit on this one. He doesn't give a rat's ass. This program isn't for me guys. No one is above the team and that's just how it's gonna be. Man, I wish I had some eligibility left so I could walk-on and throw a crackback block on special teams.
    Jive ass?

I love that one of the loudest white dudes is like 'fuck this jive ass'.

Hmmm....

I love this thread devolving into racist WDWHA. Saw it coming miles away. Enjoy it you fucking tards.
    I shouldn't have used jive ass and I apologize. It wasn't what I was going for.

Fake and insincere. Prima donna, pompous, Me Man, arrogant, conceited, pretentious, narcissistic, self-aggrandizing. That's what I meant. Call it whatever the fuck you want. I know you'd prefer Pete bend over and take it up the ass for kids who want to be bigger than the team and spoon-fed glory, but it ain't gonna happen. It doesn't matter if they're white, black, Poly, Jewish, or Inuit. This is not a race thing. It's about the individual. Get over it. There's a reason we offer so few guys and there's also a reason we're pumping out guys into the league left and right, winning conference championships, and improving in recruiting every year for SIX YEARS STRAIGHT. If that's "elitist", so be it. Former players don't seem to have any problem with it. Listen, one guy is not going to make or break this program. All you fucking drama queen Chicken Littles are saying this is the end of the program, we've peaked, we should shut it all down, we're going to lose everyone now, yada, yada, yada. Listen to yourselves. If I shook my head any harder it would fall off. It's like it's cool to be a dramatic whiny bitch on here. It's sad. How about looking at all the positive shit around the program? Like the two best classes in history we just signed who haven't even touched the field. Like the ridiculous development we're seeing right before our very eyes. Like the fact that Browning is gone and we're about to see a long stretch of great QB play. Like the fucking defense who looks god-like. Like all the ex-players who rep the program HARD (including black guys! Wow!). Yeah, it's fine to be critical of certain things, and it's great to look for ways to improve, but this shit is over the top. The program is improving every goddamn year and we're still on the Clemson trajectory, with or without Savell. There's still a ton of in-state talent these next two classes and Savell is not going to have the impact on that like you think it will. Yeah, it's a shame this all turned out this way with Savell, but we clearly overlooked the warning signs. I fucking love Pete for sticking to his guns. Go fucking Dawgs.
    So, just the STEREOTYPE of black people who don’t do what white people want. Got it.
    Okay, Dennis. You're Woke. So is your little posse of like-minded black allies. Cool.

You didn't get your way. Darn. Now get a new gig and stop throwing racial tantrums like a little girl. Christ.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Meanwhile, over at doogman... Someone with the screen name GeeScott (went through his posting history, seems likely it's actually him) has jumped in the Smalls thread. Not combative in any way, seems pretty reasonable about everything.

Spoonfeed my guy
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

What kind of fucking bone to pick with UW Oregon does Tre Watson Keanon Lowe have?
    Negatively recruiting your own Alma mater with a coach you never played for is really low. High quality characters sark Chip was recruiting.

yeah I know we benefited in that case but that was bizarre.