Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Colson Yankoff, 2018 QB, Coeur d' Alene, ID (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2017
    We legit could land Toiagi (SC yes ik), Hufanga, Hypen corner ( sc or bama yes ik), and Latu all five stars.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sweatpants boner engaged, two five star qb commits.

Curious. What does the number in the gray box represent?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    juhsoon said:

In regards to Sirmon and his leadership, I fully agree that he has it in him. But he really needs to figure it out because the things I saw in games were very concerning (berating players, body language, etc.) and if I/we are seeing those things, there is no doubt Pete and staff see them too. Plus Pete through his process gets as much information as possible from people around these recruits.

Sirmon can be a total alpha dog and a great leader, but you can't be an asshole to your teammates and expect to be a leader, not in Petes system.

These are the big things about Sirmon. Definitely has tons of natural talent, but the locker room will be a bit interesting. TMK, he wasn't well liked during his sophomore year by his teammates. Apparently things got better during his junior year, but even then it was a "respect him as a player, but wouldn't hang out with him off the field" type deal. That he's doing well in helping out recruiting is a good sign.
    you actually have an an opinion on things not on his football videos?

insert creepy guy behind a plant spying on kids.gif
  • Options
    Banjo32Banjo32 Member Posts: 2
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Don't get me wrong, I've been jacking off to this news, but can we please FUCKing land a mother FUCKing lineman...please
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Banjo32 said:

Don't get me wrong, I've been jacking off to this news, but can we please FUCKing land a mother FUCKing lineman...please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ivWVicIVmU
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Banjo32 said:

I like your avatar.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Sirmon has more physical talent ... but his intangibles need to get better to be a great QB ... that's part of being 17 and everybody matures differently ...

Almost all top programs he will go to will find him in a position where he will have to compete ... it is what it is.

There is room in this class for 2 QBs ... whether we will end up with 2 QBs is TBD

Uhh does Sirmon vert 39" inches and run a 4.67 40 yard dash? Sirmon's arm talent is a bit better though.
    The most important physical characteristics for a QB are arm strength and height/weight.

After that, the next set of most important skills for a QB are all in the mental intangible side of the game from reading defenses to leading a team.

If overall physical ability was so important for a QB Then Tom Brady wouldn't be Tom Brady
    you know, some 5'11 guy who holds the record for best single-season passer rating in NCAA history happens to be a top-5 QB. During draft prep, teams were saying said QB was a #1 overall caliber player if he was 2 inches taller. That two inches ended up making him fall to the third round, because teams thought like you and decided he wasn't big enough. Oops.

Peyton Manning was not absurdly gifted. Tom Brady ran about a 15-second 40 yard dash. It's all about the intangibles. Physical talent can only take you so far. Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell are prime examples of this. Incredibly talented quarterbacks, went nowhere because they didn't have the IT factor.

If by "IT" you mean a brain, then yeah. Super examples to make your point. You picked the two dumbest mother fuckers to ever put on a helmet.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whuggy said:

I thought primo qb's wouldn't
    come here for Jonathan Smith?

Coach Pete got smith some 6" lifts for his shoes so he doesn't look so short on recruiting trips.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Hey tequila. Remember this big armed athletic freak? I think he towered over everyone at 6'1" with cleats.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Meek said:

juhsoon said:

In regards to Sirmon and his leadership, I fully agree that he has it in him. But he really needs to figure it out because the things I saw in games were very concerning (berating players, body language, etc.) and if I/we are seeing those things, there is no doubt Pete and staff see them too. Plus Pete through his process gets as much information as possible from people around these recruits.

Sirmon can be a total alpha dog and a great leader, but you can't be an asshole to your teammates and expect to be a leader, not in Petes system.

These are the big things about Sirmon. Definitely has tons of natural talent, but the locker room will be a bit interesting. TMK, he wasn't well liked during his sophomore year by his teammates. Apparently things got better during his junior year, but even then it was a "respect him as a player, but wouldn't hang out with him off the field" type deal. That he's doing well in helping out recruiting is a good sign.
    you actually have an an opinion on things not on his football videos?

insert creepy guy behind a plant spying on kids.gif
    Careful.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Banjo32 said:

Why not yanking off?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

Hey tequila. Remember this big armed athletic freak? I think he towered over everyone at 6'1" with cleats.

Congratulations ...

Why don't you throw out Russell Wilson and Drew Brees while you are at it?

Does throwing Montana out there make you think that you GOT ME???
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Why do doogs obsess over JC recruits in both football and basketball?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Why do doogs obsess over JC recruits in both football and basketball?

because they have nothing else to do