Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trey Lowe, 4* 2018 RB/DB, Portland (Jesuit), OR (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Competition almost never matters. When a guy is good you just know. Rapp played against a bunch of small unathletic white dudes but you could tell he was a baller.

That's not true with QB, RB, and MLB. The speed of the game is critical in developing those positions.

Burmeister for instance was the most accomplished QB in the history of the San Diego area, but he played small schools with shit players and a year he looks like a fucking combine in coming at him at 75mph on every step.

The state of Oregon hasn't produced a good ball carrier in my lifetime outside of Tyner and it took him three years for the reasons listed before. Nall isn't good.

You play a certain way your whole life and it's what you know and the next year it isn't even close to what you need to be good. That doesn't cure itself overnight.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

Competition almost never matters. When a guy is good you just know. Rapp played against a bunch of small unathletic white dudes but you could tell he was a baller.

That's not true with QB, RB, and MLB. The speed of the game is critical in developing those positions.

Burmeister for instance was the most accomplished QB in the history of the San Diego area, but he played small schools with shit players and a year he looks like a fucking combine in coming at him at 75mph on every step.

The state of Oregon hasn't produced a good ball carrier in my lifetime outside of Tyner and it took him three years for the reasons listed before. Nall isn't good.

You play a certain way your whole life and it's what you know and the next year it isn't even close to what you need to be good. That doesn't cure itself overnight.
    Or Burmeister looked good because he played against shit competition. Taylor Rapp played in probably one of the worst leagues in America in hs.
  • Options
    Think about that. One good, but not great ball carrier from Oregon in the past 35 years.

Lowe isn't even close to the athlete Tyner is. They were comparing him to Herschel Walker.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    whuggy said:

Mosster47 said:

Here is the reality of Oregon running backs; The level of high school football in the state is awful. Thomas Tyner for instance would make one cut and just run. That would net him 400+ yards and anywhere from 5 to 10 TD's every Friday.

It makes them two or three years out from being good. They have to learn how to be ball carriers in college and that takes time. His older brother was a very underwhelming athlete, but he blocked his ass off. This kid doesn't look all that much more gifted, but he will play hard.

Like I told every Duck fan about Tyner I will say about this kid; give him a few years to learn how to play at a high level.

It's all relative. Look at the film of all the other kids coming
    out of Oregon this year. They all play in the same state.
    Who's film out of Oregon looks better than this kid other
    than Tufanga?
    Lenzy
  • Options

whuggy said:

Mosster47 said:

Here is the reality of Oregon running backs; The level of high school football in the state is awful. Thomas Tyner for instance would make one cut and just run. That would net him 400+ yards and anywhere from 5 to 10 TD's every Friday.

It makes them two or three years out from being good. They have to learn how to be ball carriers in college and that takes time. His older brother was a very underwhelming athlete, but he blocked his ass off. This kid doesn't look all that much more gifted, but he will play hard.

Like I told every Duck fan about Tyner I will say about this kid; give him a few years to learn how to play at a high level.

than Tufanga?
    Lenzy
    Lol no.
  • Options
    I was friends with Troy Polamalu growing up. We played baseball together and went to rival high schools and played football, basketball, and baseball against each other. He was the all-time rusher in Oregon history when he graduated and he missed all but two games his senior year with a ruptured kidney.

When he went home to play at USC he set their vert record at 43" on his first day testing. He wanted to try running back and even with all that high school success and freak athleticism they moved him to defense for good after two practices at running back because he just didn't know how to be a ball carrier and you'll never get that kind of development playing in Oregon. If you're a good athlete EVERYTHING works there as a running back. You don't get to the line at the right time, you make moves to the wrong places, you don't trust your speed, you don't grind out yards, etc. Great backs learn that doing everything right can result in big plays. Backs from no talent areas only look for big plays. It doesn't translate to D-1 football.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

whuggy said:

Mosster47 said:

than Tufanga?
    Lenzy
    Lol no.
    Lol, yes.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2153991/59ac292d9a91a209e4e8d9cc

First play is the only one that matters because it's hot Lenzy on Lowe action.
  • Options
    Sources said:

Mosster47 said:

I was friends with Troy Polamalu growing up. We played baseball together and went to rival high schools and played football, basketball, and baseball against each other. He was the all-time rusher in Oregon history when he graduated and he missed all but two games his senior year with a ruptured kidney.

When he went home to play at USC he set their vert record at 43" on his first day testing. He wanted to try running back and even with all that high school success and freak athleticism they moved him to defense for good after two practices at running back because he just didn't know how to be a ball carrier and you'll never get that kind of development playing in Oregon. If you're a good athlete EVERYTHING works there as a running back. You don't get to the line at the right time, you make moves to the wrong places, you don't trust your speed, you don't grind out yards, etc. Great backs learn that doing everything right can result in big plays. Backs from no talent areas only look for big plays. It doesn't translate to D-1 football.

A riveting story of two friends. One went on to a great NFL career. Another went on to ceaselessly try to convince people on a Husky website that his Ducks are GOOD.
    They aren't good.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    15 carries, two receptions, 321 yards, 5 touchdowns this weekend.
    Playmaker.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Playmaker.

It's Oregon. See zero black people.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Mosster47 said:

whuggy said:

Playmaker.

It's Oregon. See zero black people.
    You seem to care. Good sign for Lowe.
  • Options
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Completely agree. Reminds me of Chico with better lateral quickness. Great, great feet!
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    tvoie said:

Completely agree. Reminds me of Chico with better lateral quickness. Great, great feet!

Does he have nice hips?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2017
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6362281/5a1fb27df31cc42640afd95b

Senior film. This kid is not a fucking WR, he's a RB. He looks like Myles Gaskin.

The number one thing I look for in running backs is the ability to keep everyone around them off balance. It's what makes RBs get extra yards, etc. He is a genius at that.

Reminds me a lot of Myles. I don't see anything like Chico - Chico was more a Sonic The Hedgehog kind of buzzsaw runner, this guy is more stop/start than Chico.

I really like this film.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Maybe the coaches see Trey as the future Myles type and Fig Newton as a poor mans Lavon type thing. All I know is I watch Trey and my sweats suffer blowouts.