Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trey Lowe, 4* 2018 RB/DB, Portland (Jesuit), OR (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Lowe is a junior in high school ... he almost certainly will redshirt ... that means he likely won't meaningfully see a football field for UW until Sept 2019 and even then he is likely a backup to Ahmed at best ...

My point being we don't know in 2-3 year time what he will look like and if he can play RB or eventually moves to either receiving RB or slot ... anything more than that at this point is assuming too much

• Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I think Tyner probably fits in pretty well at the gas station.
    I really hate people that needlessly hunt animals. In any half decent dictatorship it would be grounds for castration and ostracization.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Lowe is a junior in high school ... he almost certainly will redshirt ... that means he likely won't meaningfully see a football field for UW until Sept 2019 and even then he is likely a backup to Ahmed at best ...

My point being we don't know in 2-3 year time what he will look like and if he can play RB or eventually moves to either receiving RB or slot ... anything more than that at this point is assuming too much

TBSing is the dark art of taking educated guesses. It's a pretty safe guess that a 5'9" 175 lb (which probably means 5'8" 160 lb) high school kid is going to need some serious roids to end up PAC-12 running back size.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

TBSing is the dark art of taking educated guesses. It's a pretty safe guess that a 5'9" 175 lb (which probably means 5'8" 160 lb) high school kid is going to need some serious roids to end up PAC-12 running back size.

Tim Socha say "Hi!"
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Really like this kid. Great 'deceptive' speed changing and initial burst.

LOL! Deceptive speed. The most over-used words in all of college football discussion.

He's not fast; he's not slow. Lol.

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Really like this kid. Great 'deceptive' speed changing and initial burst.

LOL! Deceptive speed. The most over-used words in all of college football discussion.

He's not fast; he's not slow. Lol.

He's sneaky fast. The most overused words in sports are "Southeastern" and "Conference."
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Like I said ... LIPO

We don't know where he'll end up in terms of both height and weight ...

It's probably a wise idea for our staff to be flexible with him in the thought that while maybe we want him to be a RB it's very possible that he could end up as a slot WR ...

But what is likely true is that we'll have time to figure out where he fits ... and he's not going to be brought in with the expectation of anything other than developing, improving, and producing when eventually given the opportunity. That's a positive for a program.

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Am I the only one who thinks he's going to do UW dirty like his brother? I'll yankoff when he signs his NLI to UW.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Am I the only one who thinks he's going to do UW dirty like his brother? I'll yankoff when he signs his NLI to UW.

yes
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dhdawg said:
    His line is amazing, didn't have to even make anyone miss on the middle three runs. The first one he made a great cut and fooled everybody, the second one he made a couple nice moves.

Looks like the last one was a walkoff.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey @CokeGreaterThanPepsi , can you tell me the difference between Trey and his brother Keanon? K looked great in high school and was a decent player at UO. I'm hoping T is superior and will play better as a college player than his brother. I'm sick of decent (Chico) and want to trend elite.

If the answer is in the five pages of text, well......... four is too many form me.

Thank you for your service.
  • Options

Hey @CokeGreaterThanPepsi , can you tell me the difference between Trey and his brother Keanon? K looked great in high school and was a decent player at UO. I'm hoping T is superior and will play better as a college player than his brother. I'm sick of decent (Chico) and want to trend elite.

If the answer is in the five pages of text, well......... four is too many form me.

Trey is going to be coached by Chris Petersen.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Pretty much this, and I really hope we use him as a RB in our offense.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Pretty much this, and I really hope we use him as a RB in our offense.
    Good enough for me. Thank you gentlemen.