Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trey Lowe, 4* 2018 RB/DB, Portland (Jesuit), OR (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Will he play DB or RB? What would happen with him and Harrison?

I think he'll definitely end up on offense. Don' think he's the type of DB that Lake would covet, especially this early.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

NEsnake12 said:

HUDL: hudl.com/video/3/6362281/5855ee49ff0d1a12409b472a

I actually like him as a RB. He is about as similar to Myles Gaskin as you can get. He has that weird speed where guys are going to tackle him and they end up not even touching him. Really, really good lateral quickness and explosion.

Does this mean we'll start looking at Tre'Shaun Harrison at DB?
    Tre'Shaun can play almost anywhere he wants. I love him at RB, I like him at WR, and I love him at S.
    Prototypical S build ... put him back there, have him spend some time with Lawyer Milloy ... enjoy the carnage for opposing offensive players
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

Well we know it's not Trey Lowe.

Edit: oh shit it is
    Nice ass is dialed in.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

NEsnake12 said:

I actually like him as a RB. He is about as similar to Myles Gaskin as you can get. He has that weird speed where guys are going to tackle him and they end up not even touching him. Really, really good lateral quickness and explosion.

Does this mean we'll start looking at Tre'Shaun Harrison at DB?
    Tre'Shaun can play almost anywhere he wants. I love him at RB, I like him at WR, and I love him at S.
    Prototypical S build ... put him back there, have him spend some time with Lawyer Milloy ... enjoy the carnage for opposing offensive players
    Kind of curious if he could have a role similar to Jabrill Peppers at Michigan. Safety who gets some reps on offense and in the return game.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon fans have got to be thrilled to death about this.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Lowe as the only RB was my nightmare for Oregon's recruiting class because late 4.5-ish/early 4.6-ish speed and 170 lb running backs usually flame out. I have him as a solid 2 Quook boner guy as a slot receiver though.

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Oregon fans have got to be thrilled to death about this.

Not when they land Jaramillow
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I like 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Really like this kid. Great 'deceptive' speed changing and initial burst.

Here's the thing about tailbacks - what you're looking for is ability to not get hit while running and weaving through people. That's what this kid has, it's vision and the ability to set up tacklers so they can't get a clean shot and they underestimate how fast he can stop/start. That's what being a RB is about.

40 times for running backs are only interesting if they can do all of the above. The reason why I loved Sankey was he was superior at those things in HS. A lot of people on doogman fought me because they thought he was too slow 40-wise. Fuck that. That shit doesn't really matter so much.

This kid really sets up tacklers and they can never quite get to him.

That said, I hate him as a slot. Just would be a waste.

Reminds me a lot of Myles... as Pepsi said.

DDY 2, but the good kind.

I'm predicting he will flip to Stanford on Dec 3.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Here's the thing about tailbacks - what you're looking for is ability to not get hit while running and weaving through people. That's what this kid has, it's vision and the ability to set up tacklers so they can't get a clean shot and they underestimate how fast he can stop/start. That's what being a RB is about.

40 times for running backs are only interesting if they can do all of the above. The reason why I loved Sankey was he was superior at those things in HS. A lot of people on doogman fought me because they thought he was too slow 40-wise. Fuck that. That shit doesn't really matter so much.

Wait, he has 2 dads too?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Wait, he has 2 dads too?
    We all do.
  • Options

Wait, he has 2 dads too?
    We all do.
    I got 2 moms
  • Options

Okay - here's the fucking thing -

THIS KID IS NOT A WR.
    -This kid is a running back. I'm sure we'll tell him he's a 'Chico' because kids fucking love the idea of 'they are going to use me as a WEAPON in multiple ways'. The truth is none of that shit makes any fucking sense. He's a running back.

-He committed to Lubick because Coach Lube has ties in Oregon and got this kid. It bodes well for us.

HE IS NOT THE REASON WE PULLED BACK ON CHASE WILLY.
    -If you think the reason we pulled back on Chase Williams is Trey Lowe, shoot yourself. We pulled back on Chase Willy because we are in on a ton of top WRs and he's 'okay' but down our list a bit. We didn't pull back on Michael Wilson (who both Coker and I love) and I think we are targeting him as our 3rd WR.

TRE'SHAUN IS NOT A WR.
    -Tre'Shaun is a RB or a S. You don't put a physical beast like him at WR unless he's dying to play there. I'd say the commitment of Lowe makes it more likely that he's a S, but he's not a WR!

-In this class, where there are literally 23 4-star WRs on the west coast, you don't turn an ATH in your back yard into a WR. If you think that's how it works you are a fucking moron and should be castrated.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Another point about this... there is a pile of shit on the west coast this year at RB, and a plethora of WRs on the west coast. We won't get a RB this good on the west coast this year.

Giggity.
  • Options

Another point about this... there is a pile of shit on the west coast this year at RB, and a plethora of WRs on the west coast. We won't get a RB this good on the west coast this year.

I'm a bit worried that our entire RB group will be sub-200, even if I do think we have depth in general. If we somehow have a chance with Demetrious Flowers, I'd be down to get 2.
  • Options

I'm a bit worried that our entire RB group will be sub-200, even if I do think we have depth in general. If we somehow have a chance with Demetrious Flowers, I'd be down to get 2.
    There we go again with a big back bullshit.