Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

MJ Ale, 3* 2018 OL, Fife HS, WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

After reading Ale's background I can see one reason why coaches may consider him on defense. He is a golden gloves boxing champion.

An incredibly important (but seldom talked about) skill for a defensive lineman is hand fighting. Defensive linemen can have a great deal of success if they can keep the offensive linemen from getting their hands on them. It requires lightning quickness and the ability to deflect the other person's hands and arms.

NFL Hall of Famer Howie Long has talked about this, and so did another great defensive lineman from that era, Pierce Holt of the San Francisco 49ers.

Several defensive linemen take martial arts in the off-season just to learn hand fighting techniques and to increase their hand quickness.

Anyway, I have no idea what they will do with Ale, but his experience as a boxing champion is chintriguing.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He's going to play G. Cook it.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,090
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Kinda seems like Vakalahi to me. Since Malloe won't get Vakalahi, we might as well get Breasteffort and make Ale a strong as hell NT who's slow but immovable.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Kinda seems like Vakalahi to me. Since Malloe won't get Vakalahi, we might as well get Breasteffort and make Ale a strong as hell NT who's slow but immovable.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

After reading Ale's background I can see one reason why coaches may consider him on defense. He is a golden gloves boxing champion.

An incredibly important (but seldom talked about) skill for a defensive lineman is hand fighting. Defensive linemen can have a great deal of success if they can keep the offensive linemen from getting their hands on them. It requires lightning quickness and the ability to deflect the other person's hands and arms.

NFL Hall of Famer Howie Long has talked about this, and so did another great defensive lineman from that era, Pierce Holt of the San Francisco 49ers.

Several defensive linemen take martial arts in the off-season just to learn hand fighting techniques and to increase their hand quickness.

Anyway, I have no idea what they will do with Ale, but his experience as a boxing champion is intriguing.

So you're saying boxing skills are good for push up the middle?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

That's one of the acronyms I don't know. It always makes me think of lisfranc, the injury that cratered Ty's one almost mediocre season.
    I specifically asked for no racist crap
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,090
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

That's one of the acronyms I don't know. It always makes me think of lisfranc, the injury that cratered Ty's one almost mediocre season.
    I specifically asked for no racist crap
    Good lookin' out.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2017

Passion said:

Anyway, I have no idea what they will do with Ale, but his experience as a boxing champion is intriguing.

So you're saying boxing skills are good for push up the middle?
    Pretty much. And having a giant ass doesn't hurt.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Passion said:

So you are suggesting he may have violent hands?
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

Are we supposed to pretend this dude doesn't still suck because he's a Dawg?

yeah, not looking good. hopefully he grey shirts
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

BallzDeep said:

Enlighten us with your game film critique
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

BallzDeep said:

this should be good
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

From the 30 seconds I saw this year. I thought he would be blowing away the smaller guys he was going against. hopefully he puts up more film from this year. But he looked about the same as he was last year. So he still raw, giving him extra year to develop would not be bad. IMO
  • Options

We got him because he is an athletic 6’7 323 genetic freak. It doesn’t matter how good he is the day he shows up on campus you stupid fucks.

I am not against taking him, just saying that grey shirting him would give us more time to develop him
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BaldwinIV said:

BallzDeep said:

this should be good
    I like when he comments on other threads after he gets called out to analyze the film but avoids this one
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We got him because he is an athletic 6’7 323 genetic freak. It doesn’t matter how good he is the day he shows up on campus you stupid fucks.

Bingo. This kid is massive and powerful. That's why we offered him.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

BaldwinIV said:

BallzDeep said:

this should be good
    I like when he comments on other threads after he gets called out to analyze the film but avoids this one
    NEsnake12 said:

BaldwinIV said:

BallzDeep said:

this should be good
    Huh?