Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bryan Addison, 4* 2018 WR/S, Gardena (Serra), CA (Offered 5/16/17)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

We are taking 4 WR and will add a 5th if we get the right guy. It’s what we need. We are taking 3 OL and 5 DL. Again, it’s what we need.

So that's 12 or 13 spots to those positions. 7 commits so far at other positions gets you to 19 or 20. How many do you anticipate taking in the class?
    I expect a full class.

lawsandl said:

We are taking 4 WR and will add a 5th if we get the right guy. It’s what we need. We are taking 3 OL and 5 DL. Again, it’s what we need.

So they're gonna sign 5 defensive lineman and Ware-Hudson is the best they can do? So now they're gonna clog up the D-line depth with more shit. Nice.
    Hudson-Ware, Poti, Sorrells likely commits (composite 94), and hopefully a bell cow. I am throwing Townsend in there. All in all probably end up with 5 in the 90-91 composite range.
    Who? None of them are highly coveted prospects. Keep quooking though.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

So that's 12 or 13 spots to those positions. 7 commits so far at other positions gets you to 19 or 20. How many do you anticipate taking in the class?
    I expect a full class.

lawsandl said:

So they're gonna sign 5 defensive lineman and Ware-Hudson is the best they can do? So now they're gonna clog up the D-line depth with more shit. Nice.
    Hudson-Ware, Poti, Sorrells likely commits (composite 94), and hopefully a bell cow. I am throwing Townsend in there. All in all probably end up with 5 in the 90-91 composite range.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Who gives a fuck. This off-season is killing us
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2018
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

I expect a full class.

lawsandl said:

Well if you want to get technical, 0 of your 3 commits are in the 90-91 composite range, and Sorrells by no means seems like an Oregon lock. And I'm not sure who your bell cow mystery man is.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    AZDuck said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

I expect a full class.

lawsandl said:

Would you rather I say "idiot duck fans who are willfully blind to the fact their coaching staff is a clown show of epic proportions, their recruiting is vastly overrated, and their team is not nearly as talented as they think they are."
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Roof had a little rant about how Addison has said he has a bond with the coaches at Oregon, which she found strange since he never visited, didn’t talk to the current staff, and never spoke about Oregon during his recruitment.

She says it’s “stinky” that they suddenly built a relationship after he signed with UCLA.

She then went on to do some major WDWHA by saying if he couldn’t get into UCLA he definitely couldn’t get into UW. Which is funny because by all accounts he has been cleared by every school except UCLA.

"Good bond with the coaches" is always code for "they spend every waking hour stroking my penis ego".

Oregon's staff have time to do that, because they don't do any actual football stuff.
    I wish I could make shit up when I'm salty, but sadly I reached adulthood.
  • Options

What a fucking idiot. If you're gonna go to some mediocre program with lesser academic prestige you better at least go to a school with a bunch of bad bitches walking around in short shorts year round.

Sidenote: Oregon is taking a million WR's and DB's. On top of adding Addison to their 2018 class they want to take FIVE WR's and FIVE DB's this class while taking one, maybe two offensive lineman. My fucking head would explode if this was the case with UW recruiting but quooks love it. I've been told Oregon is going to be the Alabama of the West.

Hi, reality here again. Oregon has 21 O-lineman on scholly with the five from this year's class and zero are seniors. They have the #1 JUCO OL for 2019 and will take one more 4-star caliber OL because either Throck or Hanson will go pro after this year and someone will transfer. So, you know, maff.

The Ducks needed a major talent upgrade at WR so they are upgrading the talent level. Those they don't want anymore will "transfer." They are just short on DB's, especially at corner and will take two more in this class. Leavitt runs six DB packages a lot in obvious passing situations so the depth has to be there.

Also they only have 16 recruits and will take 23. The rest will be one WR, two DB's and a fill up on lineman for both sides.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2018
    Right, they’re 89ish right now. Apparently Sorrells looks good. We’re in on several blue chips that won’t commit until later in the cycle. It’s not as if UW is doing better and we know Big Joe can develop.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

I don't think that word means what you think it means. I've seen four years of Pete get pushed around by SC, Bama, ASU, Stanford, Penn State, and in a few weeks Auburn.

We know your guys aren't playing at a high level. Let's see what happens in a four year sample size in Eugene.

I will give you the benefit that the lines Auburn will trot out against Oregon next year won't be anything like what UW is going to get violated by in a few weeks.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

What a fucking idiot. If you're gonna go to some mediocre program with lesser academic prestige you better at least go to a school with a bunch of bad bitches walking around in short shorts year round.

Sidenote: Oregon is taking a million WR's and DB's. On top of adding Addison to their 2018 class they want to take FIVE WR's and FIVE DB's this class while taking one, maybe two offensive lineman. My fucking head would explode if this was the case with UW recruiting but quooks love it. I've been told Oregon is going to be the Alabama of the West.

Hi, reality here again. Oregon has 21 O-lineman on scholly with the five from this year's class and zero are seniors. They have the #1 JUCO OL for 2019 and will take one more 4-star caliber OL because either Throck or Hanson will go pro after this year and someone will transfer. So, you know, maff.

The Ducks needed a major talent upgrade at WR so they are upgrading the talent level. Those they don't want anymore will "transfer." They are just short on DB's, especially at corner and will take two more in this class. Leavitt runs six DB packages a lot in obvious passing situations so the depth has to be there.

Also they only have 16 recruits and will take 23. The rest will be one WR, two DB's and a fill up on lineman for both sides.
    I thought C-Willy decommitted because he'd never see the field as a DB?
    He did. Addison is a completely different talent level and you know that as well.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    lawsandl said:

Why stop at 5? 7 is the magic #. Trust me on this.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018
    Great pickup. Really liked the dude's film, particularly the 3rd play on his reel when he tears the DBs ACL in his cut lol
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Good job Quooks. Addison is a nice player. (Really) WWHA.

el oh el at all the hand wringing by Doogs. The same fags who el oh el at the leprechauns that cry UW lied to Asa Turner, “Lake is a snake”, UW give recruits coffeee cops, churn out the same shit at the Quooks.

Fucking embaressing. sTOP!

Recruit the player. He good, let him begin at the position he wants. JAG? Let him go.

Addison is a receiver who wants to play safety— this year. Jag at safety for us, Fucking dude at WR.

Mosster says Oregon’s safety cup overflows. Oregon coaches tell Addison something different. Someone wong here.

Addison would have been a dude here at receiver, probably this year. Jake Browning is our QB, so there’s that.

Well done Quooks.

If he really is 6'5" I can think of zero elite safeties at that size, ever. Tons of big time wideouts have been that size though.

Maybe he breaks the mold. I know during his recruitment the experts said he was best ball defender on the west coast but didn't play the run very well. Maybe he can gain 25lbs and be able to play against the run also.

This kid is literally house money so if he can just be quality depth anywhere that's a win.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Mosster47 said:

Baseman said:

el oh el at all the hand wringing by Doogs. The same fags who el oh el at the leprechauns that cry UW lied to Asa Turner, “Lake is a snake”, UW give recruits coffeee cops, churn out the same shit at the Quooks.

Recruit the player. He good, let him begin at the position he wants. JAG? Let him go.

Addison is a receiver who wants to play safety— this year. Jag at safety for us, Fucking dude at WR.

Mosster says Oregon’s safety cup overflows. Oregon coaches tell Addison something different. Someone wong here.

Addison would have been a dude here at receiver, probably this year. Jake Browning is our QB, so there’s that.

Well done Quooks.

If he really is 6'5" I can think of zero elite safeties at that size, ever. Tons of big time wideouts have been that size though.

Maybe he breaks the mold. I know during his recruitment the experts said he was best ball defender on the west coast but didn't play the run very well. Maybe he can gain 25lbs and be able to play against the run also.

This kid is literally house money so if he can just be quality depth anywhere that's a win.
    Kameron Chancellor would like a word.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

Baseman said:

Well done Quooks.

Kameron Chancellor would like a word.
    Since when is Kam 6'5"?